in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2009 3:14 PM by YannChris. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2009 5:40 AM

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

What happened to V.MEM in BV9 template?

Hello,

Re-programming my BEO5 because of a change in my setup, I have a problem with the V.MEM source.

Up to now, my TVIX was connected to my BV9 on AV3 input with V.MEM logical source.

With the latest build of the software, V.MEM is not available in the list of logical connections of BV9 template.

I would like to keep V.MEM as it is easier, in link rooms equiped with Beo4s, to hit the V.MEM key rather than looking for DVD2 in the list.

Thanks for your help,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 05-10-2009 6:10 AM In reply to

Re: What happened to V.MEM in BV9 template?

Yann,

I have had a look at the Beovision 9 template and B&O have made an error which I have corrected.

You can download a replacement template HERE

Put this template in the following directory

C:\Bang & Olufsen\Beo5 Configuration Tool\Products\20.Video\30.BeoVision\70.BeoVision 9

overwriting the file in that directory

Regards Keith....

• 05-10-2009 7:16 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello Keith and thank you for your quick help.

I forgot to say that my BV9 does not include a HDR module.

Unfortunately, the replacement template does not work (I made the same change on this line:  stLogicalConnect="TV:DTV:DVD:DVD2:V.MEM:V.AUX:V.AUX2:PC:CAMERA").

What happens in this case?

The VMEM option appears in the sources logical connections if I do not check the DTV module in BV9 Selected Product Datas.

But unfortunately when I assign VMEM to a source, the selection is not memorized.

If I check the DVB-T/S EU Module, the VMEM choice does not appear in the Source Logical Connections. 

Have a nice sunday,

Yann.

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 05-10-2009 7:54 AM In reply to

Interesting, I will need to a little research and get back to you on this one..

Regards Keith....

• 05-10-2009 4:29 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Keith,

I finally sorted the problem.

The xml file is attached to this post.

I made a mix between BS3 and BV9 templates: V.MEMsource and DVB modules options.

Some changes are maybe of no use, but as I spent time to find a working solution, I prefer let my template as it is.

I hope it will still work when I shall change my DVB tuner to the DVB-HD one.

Thanks again,

Yann.

PS: for the time being, I use Microsoft XML notepad to edit xml files. But is hangs when I try to copy/paste large parts of a file to another one. Which xml editor do you use?

• 05-11-2009 6:52 AM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

hmm, Beovision 9 is simply a Beosystem 3. Why not program that instead of Beovision 9.

• 05-11-2009 3:14 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello,

Just to keep the control the stand :)

Godbye,

Yann.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)