in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2007 2:10 AM by Keith Saunders. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2007 10:50 AM

CONNECTING A SAMSUNG TV ON BV 7-32

Hi all friends,

Controversial answers from B&O tech support both in Greece and Germany lead me to post this....

I have a BV 7-32, with DVB-S in  my living room.

Also a small flat 23'' Samsung in my bedroom. Is it possible to take picture from B&O (TV LINK OUT) and watch it in bedroom???

I have made lots of connections, also put the modulator setup of the BV7 on and off, i have linked frequencies but nothing happens.

Help please............

Dimitris

-Dimitris

• 05-31-2007 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: CONNECTING A SAMSUNG TV ON BV 7-32

Dimitris,

It certainly is possible.

So, I am assuming the small flat 23" Samsung TV in your bedroom has an analogue tuner in it, please confirm ?

I am also assuming that you have a 75 ohm coax cable from the BeoVision 7-32 (TV LINK OUT) to the aerial socket of your Samsung TV in your bedroom, please confirm ?

The RF modulator in the BV7 should be set to "on", with the BV 7 switched on to a TV program, now do an auto tuning scan on the Samsung which will tune in all analogue TV stations found including the link frequency station which by default is either at 591 Mhz or 599 Mhz If you do not have an analogue aerial connected to the BV7 then it will only tune in the link frequency.

Please confirm the points above

Regards Keith....

• 05-31-2007 1:54 PM In reply to

Keith , you are trully incredible!!!

Yes you are right to all your points.(599 is my default link freq)

BUT!!! IT DOES NOT WORK!

They told me it cannot be done without an RF amplificator(no need IMO for 5 meters distance)

Then they told me it is not possible since BV is not allowing it to happen(which i refuse to believe)

So , if you have any ideas please help (2 heads better than 1 as u say )

Note: My goal (in case i was not clear) is to watch in bedroom what BV is showing at the time,( maybe a sat channel, or dvd) , i dont care if i cannot use my Beo 4 in the bedroom.

Waiting......thanks

-Dimitris

• 05-31-2007 1:59 PM In reply to

The BV7 has to be triggered to send a signal through the link Coax. This is usually been done by the link TV. Another option is a beolink active with beolab speakers in your bedroom or a beolab 3500 that triggers the BV7. You can than use a BEO4 to switch channels, use the DVD etc. In your case (with no added linksystem the BV7 does not know what to send through the link coax).
  • 05-31-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

So , one thing i ommitted in order not to confuse the things is that:

I have a beolink passive with IR eye in my bedroom(also in other rooms).

But it does not trigger my BV because(as the technicians told me) only audio signals are recognised.

PUZZLED AND DAZZLED 

-Dimitris

• 05-31-2007 3:48 PM In reply to

• sin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

If you press TV on BEO4 do you get TV sound on your speaker? And do you have your BV7 connected to ML

• 05-31-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

Dimitris,

Let me start by answering some questions you have raised on your various posts:-

1) "They told me it cannot be done without an RF amplificator(no need IMO for 5 meters distance)" Well it is true that B&O recommends that an RF amplifier be fitted when using the link out of the BeoVision 7. However, not having it does not stop the RF out working, they just reccommended it to ensure that the impedance matching was good and the picture quality would be the very best it can be using a RF video connection.

2) "Then they told me it is not possible since BV is not allowing it to happen(which i refuse to believe)" Not sure why they were so unclear in their answer, however there is an element of truth to their statement. As Muntbeoman implied the modulated output gets switched off and on when needed, in other words when you enable the modulator Link output, it still only switches on when needed. However, assuming the modulator is switched on then when you use your Beo4 in the link room and say press DTV or SAT you will/should get the audio sound via the speakers and the RF output will be turned on. More on this after I have answered all the questions you have raised.

3) "The BV7 has to be triggered to send a signal through the link Coax" No Beolink trigger signal is sent via the coax cable, I think muntbeoman is thinking of the situation when you use a remote Sky control via the coax. Beo4 commands are sent via the Masterlink. It is true that the RF amplifier comes in two types, type 4052 which is a straight amplifier and splitter and type 4053 which has a return path intended for set top boxes which have return communication, for example with "pay-per-view" providers.

4) "But it does not trigger my BV because(as the technicians told me) only audio signals are recognised" This is not correct. Provided you link system is correctly setup, if you were to press, say DTV in the link room via the IR connected to the Beolink Passive then you should get DTV sound.

So, now we have cleared up those points, let re-consider your problem and I need a further few answers:-

Has the Beolink Passive ever worked in the link room ?

What other B&O products do you have connected to your Masterlink ?

Regards Keith....

• 05-31-2007 6:37 PM In reply to

Keith first thanks A LOT for your time!

So:

1) Yes it has worked

2) 4 linked rooms all with ML cable and 4 separate IR's for 4 Beolink Passive's, all finally connected to my BV7.

In one link room (not the bedroom) there is beoport installed to the PC, and also a Beomedia 1 (behind my BV7)

Did i help you? 

-Dimitris

• 05-31-2007 9:28 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Just curious how you found the picture quality.

For me the picture quality worked ok with a CRT linked TV but not so well with a Linked LCD.

Thanks, Beoaus

• 06-01-2007 1:59 AM In reply to

Beoaus,

I think there was a concern at B&O about picture quality on link TV's and in my view this was a major reason for them introducing the link RF amplifier I talked about, other reasons include people having several linked TV's and if they used normal splitters then the picture quality would be reduced. I think you are right that the picture quality on CRT link sets was seen as acceptable, but LCD panels appear less forgiving when it comes to reduced quality of RF input signal.

Regards Keith....

• 06-01-2007 2:10 AM In reply to

Back to Dimitris's problem,

Your answers raise yet more questions:-

1) Do all other link room Beolink Passives work as expected ? In particular, if the BeoVision 7 is in standby and you press say DTV does the BV7 show DTV on the right hand display and do you get the TV sound in the speakers of the link room ?

2) Is the bedroom the only room where the Beolink Active is not working ? if so is it the last Beolink Active on your Masterlink cable run ?

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)