in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-30-2009 1:04 PM by koning. 41 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2009 10:45 AM

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

I have a BV7-32 plan....comments needed !

Hello everyone..

I have an Avant and and considering changing to a BV7-32 new spec with 2xHDMI...( yes i know on SD its a bit of a backward step..)

I also have a BC2 DVD....so do i buy a BV7 with a dvd and sell the BC2 ( radio via Mr Murdoch)...???.....the cost is in the great scheme of things not relivant. but is the quality of the built in DVD a patch on the BC2 ?

whatever happens i will then buy a Blue Ray player...PS3 ?....or maybe a stand alone...

and of course the other HDMI is for SKY

am i missing anything ?....

anything else i need to put in the pot ?

andy

• 04-20-2009 5:32 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: I have a BV7-32 plan....comments needed !

Well i wouldn't do it. It will be a down grade in picture quality.

And as far as i know the BC2 and BV7 share the same pioneer dvd drive.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-21-2009 2:01 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Hi i would not consider bv7-32 ,i had avant went and bought new 7-32 shocking picture by any standard specially for high-end tv,i would definitely recommend a samsung as an interim measure till  you are 100% happy with B&O 7-32 set,i have now   samsung led set excellent picture better than plasma imho,save yourself the grief i had with bv7-32,here is a link

http://www.samsung.com/uk/experience/television/led/index.html

• 04-21-2009 4:23 AM In reply to

agree totally - had a demo of bv7 32 with dvd, watching the film pearl harbour it was awful on fast movement showing blurs and too  sharper image

then on the 40 inch demo the dvd would not work

we then went to a high end av installer how should us pioneer plasma and then a projector both were less money

the projector was awesome half price of bv7 32

we now have an 32 lcd from pioneer that unfortunately blows away the beovision

the picture is better than an crt in my opinion on freeview

what are bno doing poor tvs but great hifi

• 04-21-2009 5:40 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I really do not get how a bag and olufsen enthusiast would be happy replacing an AVANT with a cheap LCD (or led whatever) television

• 04-21-2009 10:24 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Hi dave you should ask that question to B&O how they endorse such abysmal tv ,we bought it for the price they want but did not get a picture b&o standard to be honest a cheap lcd now better picture than the 7-32 i had and that is a fact

• 04-21-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I think you have had a bad experience, but i can not condone too much B&O bashing... the BV7 isn't a very different product to the AVANT. It's a beautifully built, designed and sounding piece, but lacks in picture quality compared to the good old CRT's, it's an LCD, still the best 32" lcd picture i've seen> the main issue is the price, and that is understandable.

I'll keep my CRT until flat screen tech is more developed and are up to the same level.

Ed -You had the first version didn't you? You realise they have updated it three times mate?! Let it go.

• 04-21-2009 12:08 PM In reply to

why not a bit of a bashing we cant all be to partisan

the motion problems are way worse than good lcd like pioneer it blows bv7 away

for the price we expect perfection not just pretty casing

the avant was way ahead of competition in 1990s thats when bno made good profits leaving blue ray so long is slow policy

we need to made our feelings clear to get better products

• 04-21-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Hi dave i got over mate hope you too one day

• 04-21-2009 4:15 PM In reply to

ed7:

Hi i would not consider bv7-32 ,i had avant went and bought new 7-32 shocking picture by any standard specially for high-end tv,i would definitely recommend a samsung as an interim measure till  you are 100% happy with B&O 7-32 set,i have now   samsung led set excellent picture better than plasma imho,save yourself the grief i had with bv7-32,here is a link

http://www.samsung.com/uk/experience/television/led/index.html

Those Samsungs are nice looking TVs - I'll have to see one in person.

Also, check out the Eco bit of that website here - what a lovely little tune!  Does anyone know what it is? Shazam tells me it is by Yiruma, but I am not sure of the piece...

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-21-2009 5:25 PM In reply to

Just to point out that the latest version of bv7 32, with the new chassis is now available in the UK.  I you didn't like the 7 32 as a Mk I or II, I'd check out the new one before slagging them off too much.  Just make sure he delear is showng the latest version, which wil probably take a few weeks in most stores 

• 04-21-2009 5:47 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Hi rayfenwicK you have to see the picture to believe it!!!

here is another link

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/detail/productPreviewRead.do?model_cd=UE46B7020WWXXU

• 04-21-2009 9:42 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It's all about the big picture for me - both products (a samsung screen and a Beovision) have pro's and cons, as does everything -

the BV7 has superb aesthetics, functionality, great sound quality, masterlink > but doesn't have the perfect picture for some applications such as sport and fast moving scenes, yet, and it is expensive (to a degree, it isn't really very different to the price the AVANT was at when brand new)

the samsung may have superb picture for a flatscreen and have a great pricetag - but it doesn't really do anything else, look at it, it looks like any other screen from Kmart,  tacky functionality, no stand options, no linkability for the rest of the pieces in the home... that's the way i see it

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, and if you're buying a B&O flatscreen souly for it's performance (and simply think it's in a pretty casing) and nothing else, then you are wasting your money.

• 04-22-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Dave i agree with you here i was more than happy with the avant i also had at the time beosystem3500 no complains there either loved them but the avant  is 20th century technology lol is nearly 15 years old !!, i did have a look at more recent bv7-32 really not much of a difference imho,the samsung purchase was an interim solution  but still yet to be convinced to purchase tv that looks nice but no good picture!!!!!, i have already did that mistake ,so actually b&o losing my custom and how many more customers like that!!! i wonder, in the last year or so i did purchase two prestige cars so it is not about money my new car arrives next week

ps Q what is b&o lcd panel???!!

A samsung!!!!!!

have a good day mateCool

• 04-22-2009 4:28 AM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

I would strongly recommend to buy the samsung LED TV. It has a  far better image quality than the BV7-32 and has some very good functionalities (internet widgets, etc...). You can buy many things with the remaining money.

B&O makes huge financial losses and is near bankruptcy (capital increase urgently needed) mainly because their TV product line is obsolete and its price list is something totaly out of understanding.

Most of my friends (the wealthy ones) cannot understand why there is such a premium price tag on so bad LCD TV.

In my opinion, the Loudspeakers and Audio systems are OK.

I also really love the BV9 TV. It brings value for the money.

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

• 04-22-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

ok..seems like the vote is no!..what about a BS3 and a Panel..?...

andy

• 04-22-2009 5:06 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Well, i have a beovision 3-32, it's design still looks fresh in the home and people still ask me if it's LCD or plasma (i also get that question with the Beocenter 1). I highly doubt any 32" inch screen on the face of the planet has better picture. I'm personally not going to buy a BV7-32 any time soon that's for sure, but i'll die before i buy non B&O consumer electronics.

My recomendation? Stick with B&O CRT until flat panels are up to speed. Beovision LCD realistically does not represent value for coin the same as the amazing CRT's once did.

• 04-22-2009 7:57 AM In reply to

do you need a bs3

5k is a lot for a cinema scaler

the panel to use would be panasonic like used in bv9

what if the bv10 is amazing that wont have or need bs3

keep the avant if it works nicely you could have a demo of a projector for 3.5 k it will be amazing for movies

you will find some of the best lcd are amazing even on freeview but a lot of lcds are rubbish

• 04-22-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

Dave:

<snip>

i'll die before i buy non B&O consumer electronics.

Such brand loyalty is admirable, and should earn you a trip round Struer!

I'm not that faithful however, and while I'd have B&O given the choice, I'd only do this where their products were "better":  

If comparing 2 flat panels, and the B&O had a little worse picture, and wasn't much more expensive, I'd buy the B&O.

If it had much worse picture, and cost 3 times the price?  Well, under those circumstances I'd by the other brand.

However much we may love B&O, if buying a product surely we want it to perform?  Otherwise you could just stick a cheque to B&O in the mail and not buy a TV....that'd show heaps of support, wouldn't it?

Besides, don't feel other people are being too disloyal - they could always buy a Panasonic TV and stick an aluminium frame and a B&O badge on it - 

after all... B&O do..

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-22-2009 8:55 AM In reply to

I have a family member who just bought the new Samsung a couple of weeks ago. Paid out £1500 for his and the picture quality is very poor. Pixelation in very obvious on SD content and it cant handle anything moving fast e.g. a football game. The picture also has no depth to it. It does not even come close to my 5 year old panny plasma. (let alone anything recent) What a shame, he could have had two brand new good panny plasma today for the price of one not very good samsung LCD.

If you have decided that picture quality is the most important factor (cause on everything else bno wins hands down) go for a panny plasma

• 04-22-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

I own apanasonic plasma Panel G12 50'' .

It costs roughly 2 200 Euros.....

The picture is really superb. I was at a B&O store on saturday, the BV9 picture is not better.

Buy a home cinema amp, a panasonic panel and PUT MONEY INTO BEOLABS !!

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

• 04-22-2009 9:52 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

plagente:

I own apanasonic plasma Panel G12 50'' .

It costs roughly 2 200 Euros.....

The picture is really superb. I was at a B&O store on saturday, the BV9 picture is not better.

Buy a home cinema amp, a panasonic panel and PUT MONEY INTO BEOLABS !!

this idea appeals to me - buying a screen similar to that B&O use, and putting it with a Beosystem 3 (that's about the same price as the BV7), so you can still enjoy full integration and B&O's superb picture proscessing. But i agree, in the scenario where you do not have beolabs, this is wise. The screen is the finishing touch to a room with a B&O stereo.

• 04-22-2009 10:49 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

i also have in the same room 2 lab 4000`s....2 lab 6000`s and a lab 2...so no shortage od speakerage !

am i right in assuming a BS3 is a BV7-40 without a screen ?...and can i get a decent screen at 32" in plasma ?.....

andy

• 04-22-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

I'm confused!  There are plenty of people here slagging off the picture on a BV7 32.  How many of you have actually seen the picture from the new version, with the new chassis and 2 HDMI?

It was only released this week, and is what the OP would have delivered if he were to walk into a B&O store today and order one (unless he got ex display).  I'd be suprised if all of you passing comment have seen it, so why critise a product you haven't seen? I don't get it.

• 04-22-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

It's worth noting that the updated BeoVision 7-32 is a completely different television inside so you can expect the performance to be as different as the internals.

Why would you want to buy a BeoSystem 3 + 32" plasma screen? This would be more than the cost of a BeoVision 7-32 (updated) without the DVD player built in by quite a considerable amount, and would not outperform it by any means...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >