in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2009 12:32 PM by LarsBergen. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2009 4:23 PM

Connecting BeoSound Ouverture to MX7000

First off I have to excuse myself for asking what probably is a couple of stupid questions. I´m all new in this beoworld.

1. I was told that if I wanted to listen to the cd-player through the MX i needed to:

Use my Beo4 remote

Press list until AV* appeared

Then press GO

and the choose CD

The problem is that AV*never appeares!

2. Can anyone tell me why?

3. How can I fix this?

4. I want to connect some non B&O speakers to the Ouverture. Is this possible and what cable do I need? I have got some old Tandberg speakers.

5. Is there a pdf version of the Beosound Overture manual?

6. How can I connect my Ipod to the ouverture?

7. Can I connect my Ipod to the overture and play through the TV?

I hope that there is someone that can help me with this!Big Smile

Lars

• 04-16-2009 5:40 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting BeoSound Overture to MX7000

HI Lars

I presume your swedish the problem with the ouverture is that it's in the wrong mode if you are familiar with german go to discusions on the site and click on beo 4 und beosound 2300 I think it's the same for the ouverture

regards

jan

• 04-16-2009 5:53 PM In reply to

Hi LARS

The other part of your question about ipod and tandberg speakers try Sounds Heavenly there are a link in the bottom of the site he's an expert on b&0 cables but the ipod is easy you need a five pin din plug to connect to the ouveture and a stereo minijack to connect to you ipod its a standard cable I belive you can get almost from any well assorted hi-fi shop

regards

jan

• 04-16-2009 6:51 PM In reply to

Thanks! the thing with my speaker is that they have got a speaker cable like this.

http://www.hometech.com/images/gc-1x2zipa.jpg

Are they supposed to be connected through the powerlink slot?

• 04-16-2009 10:22 PM In reply to

Hi Lars

No they are not this is standard speakercable and cannot be used with powerlink

powerlink is more like a variable volume ment to be connected to a power amplifier

in this case the amplifier is built in b&O active speakers,but still I suggest to contact

Sounds Heavenly use the link in the bottom of this site

regards

jan

• 04-16-2009 11:02 PM In reply to

Hi Lars

I went to sounds heavenly's site and could not find what is needed

if you still  want to use your tandberg speakers you have to use an

external ampilfier like the b&0 ML/MCL converter.You can find it on this site under

products music systems regards jan

• 04-17-2009 5:09 AM In reply to

Thank you so mutch! I was trying to connect my Ipod through the aux slot on the ouverture, and the I was able to listen to radio through the tv speakers. But then I have no place to connect my Ipod. I tryed them in the powerlink slots but i got nothing. How many pins should there be in the powerlink to rca (red/white) converter cable? The one I´m using has got 5 pins

• 04-17-2009 7:48 AM In reply to

Hi larsbergen

You cannot use the powerlink for you ipod you have to buy a spiltter to your aux on your 2300 that spilts the aux into two din 5 pin connections

regards

jan

• 04-17-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

Can I use both:

ML/MCL Converter ML/MCL MCL-2P - forstærkerMCL-2P - forstærker

Ouverture -> Powerlink -> (ML/MCL or MCL - 2P) -> Five din to ?

Or should I use:

Ouverture -> Powerlink -> Beolink Passive -> Five din to ?

Just tested the CD player! It´s so amazing. The sound is great through the MX7000!

• 04-17-2009 11:22 AM In reply to

Hej larsbergen

Jeg har nu en fornemmelse at du er dansk jo du kan bruge begge men du skal have et powerlink kabel(2) som tilsluttes dine powerlink udgange på din ouverture og tilsluttes powerlink indgangene på din mcl box derefter tilslutter du dine passive højtalere til din mcl med almindelige højttalerkabler forskellen på de 2 boxe er så vidt jeg ved noget omkring noget remote control

mvh

jan

• 04-17-2009 1:00 PM In reply to

Hi Lars,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread, as I've been very busy in the last few days.  Your Tandberg speakers need an amplifier to connect them to any modern B&O equipment, this can be done easily using a conventional hifi amplifier.

Connect a "Powerlink to RCA Adapter Cable" to one of your Powerlink sockets on the Ouverture and then into a line or tape input on the amplifier.  Then connect the Tandberg speakers into the speaker sockets of the amplifier.

If your Aux socket is in use connecting the Ouverture to your MX7000, then you may be best to use an FM wireless transmitter to send your iPod sound to the Ouverture, otherwise you could connect this into the MX7000 using an iPod to SCART cable and this can then be switched to either the TV or audio system speakers as required.  The lack of spare input sockets on the Ouverture is a common issue!

If you need any assistance in locating the correct cables, please just ask, or click my sponsor link at the foot of this page.

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 04-18-2009 1:36 PM In reply to

Great advice! Thank you ever so mutch. I really like the FM wireless transmitter idea. Less cables is alway great, well no offence to youSmile! Is there any noticeable reduction in the sound quality if you choose this solution?

Last but not least, are there any B&O amplifiers for passive speakers that you would recommend?

Lars

• 04-18-2009 8:28 PM In reply to

Hi L

HiLars

Where are you located

regards

jan

• 04-19-2009 11:01 AM In reply to

Bergen Norway

• 04-19-2009 11:19 AM In reply to

Hej larsbergen

Vi tar den på dansk.Du kan bruge en hvilken som helst stereoforstærker det behøver ikke at være en B&0 blot den har linieindgange med rca tilslutninger men selvfølgelig helst en af god kvalitet.Du kan så gemme den væk i et skab  og sætte volumen på den i den position du nu finder mest egnet

mvh

jan

Ønsker du det på engelsk så svar tilbage

• 04-19-2009 1:30 PM In reply to

Tusen takk for all hjelp! Smile

• 04-21-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

Could I use a Beomaster 5000 receiver to connect my passive speakers.?

• 04-21-2009 11:15 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Forgive the follow-on question from across the pond, but with our different product line-up and all the switching back and forth between Norwegian (I presume) and English, I may have missed something here.

If the Audio Master in question is, in fact, a n Ovetür, then it can't communicate with the MX via the Aux socket, as the Overtür is an ML system and has no DataLink on the Aux.  So, either we're dealing with a 2500 and a very early MX-7000, or a mis-matched combination, or an Overtür and a more modern MX-7000, in which case we should be talking about an ML connection.  In the case of a mis-match (ML Overtür/MCL MX-7000, shouldn't we be suggesting the BeoLink Converter instead of the ML>MCL converter?

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 04-21-2009 11:15 AM In reply to

Hej Lars

Jeg det kan du godt.Jeg har en til salg hvis du er interreseret

Venlig hilsen

Jan

• 04-21-2009 12:32 PM In reply to

Hvor mye er det noe sånt pleier å koste?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)