in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2009 4:29 AM by Dave. 38 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

Re: remove user name and personal details

You can't please all the people all of the time. Perhaps as membership increases, the small number of disgruntled members might increase too. If Sensotronic wants to go then we should let it lie now, as he's not able to comment directly again here to this thread. A small price to pay for the site's success might be one or two people dropping off and making a noise as they go, but isn't it best to just let them go and wish them well, whilst avoiding either any vitriol against them or a prolonged bout of navel gazing as we struggle to understand what motivated them to go in the first place??

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-25-2009 2:59 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

I do think its a pity that Sensotronic has left as he had helped me out once with a B&O problem I had, as far as I could tell he does have valuable knowledge to share.  I think at first people had difficulty in adapting to the change from the old to the new site. People generally don't like change, me included. I do feel though that it seems that everyone has settled into the new site and the changes that came with it very well after all. I'm not sure what is the procedure when a thread or post is deleted......maybe the poster should be contacted immediately after the thread/post has been deleted and given an explaination. Peoples feelings be easily hurt or feel embarrassed when this occurs but I don't think this can be avoided at times. All the moderators can do is be as sensitive to people and I believe they are. If someone still decides to leave then so be it. I wish Sensotronic had thought rather of all the people who he could have helped with his advice and knowledge, something thats more important than being annoyed by a deleted post.

Ben

Durban South Africa

• 04-25-2009 4:37 PM In reply to

The fact that a thread like this is able to run (rather than being deleted at its onset) just goes to show how open and honest the mods and Lee are. Whether people believe this or not i personaly dont realy care. I dont post as often as i used too due to the fact i dont currently need any help or advice, but i do read the forums on a daily basis and i find Beoworld to be the most friendly and informative site on the web, bar none.

Cheers Beoworlder's,

Keep up the good work.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 04-25-2009 4:56 PM In reply to

I bow to the master, The Plumber is right. The fact that this post is still open, shows how transparant and honest this forum is! Cheers to Lee and the moderators and everyone who is working on this fab site!

You do not own B&O, it owns you!

• 04-25-2009 7:29 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

soundproof:

Not much later, someone else asked exactly the same newbie question, and I felt like an expert (and slightly cheeky) when I passed on this knowledge!

Somehow, I don't think you are alone in doing that.Laughing Lost count how many times I have been able to post a reply, because I have read the answer in a previous post. Even for pieces of B&O I have never owned.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-25-2009 7:42 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Ditto!
    My first post was to ask how to tune a Beomaster 7000 with a Beo4.
    Apart from being offered a Beolink 1000 for nowt, from Peter, I have since been happy to be able to help others with the same problem.
    Long may BeoWorld continue (just the way it is)

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-25-2009 7:44 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

PS. What's happened to your 'f' Craig?Surprise

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-25-2009 10:47 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

KingOfSnake:

Hi Jon, sorry to hear you are taking a stand - I posted recently about the number of supposed members and why the prizes are getting less and less but that never saw the light of day either.  I guess when a site is run as a business by a company and people are fooled into believing the site is 'independent' etc. one can expect such things as you complain of.  The new Beoworld site is a marked improvement but at what cost?  The old site run on a shoestring by Steve James had a certain charm IMHO, forums always have cliques.  See Ya!

These comments (re:- the standard of prizes) - as previously answered by Peter & Lee I find quite staggering from someone who isn't even qualified via his membership level to be included in the draws....

As for the totally unfounded surmise that Beoworld is run as a business, IE - a profit making organisation, do you want to buy it out and maintain the standards set by the current site owner - I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole as a cash cow!

I personally love this site and have dedicated many hours of my own time to it as have countless others. Without this level of commitment from the membership Beoworld would be just another ad hoc forum struggling along with no real direction. It is the members that make this site special and myself, Lee and the rest of the moderating team have never ever lost sight of this, nor will we ever do so. I speak as someone who was a moderator on the "old Beoworld" as run by Steve James and the nostalgia for the old site is frankly just a very few people looking back through rose tinted spectacles - it was a good forum but technically pants due it being vastly underfunded!

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-26-2009 2:11 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

could you please elaborate on what you mean by 'supposed' members, and also what your concerns are about the prizes getting 'less and less'.  I take great pride in offering the best prizes we can afford

In all honesty, there are too many prizes - too much 'giving away' of content each month, from B&O, for the 10K member and so on.

Sadly I didn't renew my membershp for the first time and have also lost that 'founder' status. Oh well.

• 04-26-2009 3:03 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Sadly I didn't renew my membershp for the first time and have also lost that 'founder' status. Oh well.

Moxxey - I too wrestled with this one and didn't renew and lost my 'f'. I think I just couldn't be bothered until recently when I had some items I needed to sell from my collection to keep my girlfriend on side. Having mulled it over I went for a Silver membership because I wasn't interested in the prize draw. Strangely though I do now feel glad that I have again contributed financially to the site, after a year of 'free riding' so to speak. One size is never going to fit all in terms of the membership levels on offer, but I can only speak from experience when I say that as I value the site and its continuing presence on the internet, I'm glad to be back supporting it again - even though that was not really my original intention when I upgraded.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-26-2009 5:54 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I haven't renewed my subscription either and have lost my 'f', although the 'f' isn't something I'm worried about. I'm saving for university at present, and will renew my subscription when I'm financially a little more aware of what I can and can't be spending money on.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-27-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Alex:

I haven't renewed my subscription either and have lost my 'f', although the 'f' isn't something I'm worried about...........will renew my subscription when I'm financially a little more aware of what I can and can't be spending money on.

Same here. The recession's knocking at my door.

• 04-28-2009 4:18 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Two final points to make here, then the thread has run its course.

You will see that sensotronics name and all other details are not appearing. This was at his request, not a vengeful 'rubbing out' of an ex member.. Indifferent

Secondly, and more importantly - we actually paid the programmers to automatically reinstate a founder 'f' when a founder upgrades to Gold after letting his/her membership lapse.  We decided that losing the 'f' for good if you didn't chain yourself to BeoWorld forever was a diluted form of moral bribery, and that was never our intention.

So, anyone who was an 'f' and wants it back - just upgrade, log out, log in, clear cache if the 'f' isn't showing - and there you go! Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-28-2009 4:29 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Can't believe that fellas post

There is nothing worse than people who place blame, because of thier own inadequacy!! Demonstrate maturity & take responsibility for yourself ~ always. Struth! Super Angry (that isn't directed at you guys BTW)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2