in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-14-2009 8:16 AM by ouverture. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2009 2:25 AM

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Ongoing MX7000 saga of connectivity...

I don't believe this, am still having fun with my mx7000. I think I should get the dumb beoworlder award Unsure

I'm trying to connect a Philips DVD player - which only has the three normal plugs out the back (Yellow, Red & White).

I've tried a Scart adaptor which got me nowhere, and got the feedback here the MX7000 wouldn't take the signal, which is cool.

So what I did - a small brain wave, was think how about using the camcorder bit on my V8000.

So AV1 = V8000, AV2 - Sky

So I select V.Tape, then select camcorder from the menu. All works fine, sound and vision, and then after a few seconds the picture starts dancing across the screen, and settles, this just carries on, making any DVD pretty un-watchable.

So what gives, is it an MX issue, or a V8000 or will the camcorder bit never stop jumping the picture?Sad

• 04-14-2009 3:10 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Ongoing MX7000 saga of connectivity...

Have you got another DVD player you try? We had a Philips DVD recorder, connected to our BV3-32. We had some very strange problems, one been the DVD player would switch the TV on in the middle of the night. Not on the DVD channel as you would expect, but on the RF connection instead. Got a cheap DVD player and that works fine.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-14-2009 3:15 AM In reply to

benjnz:

I don't believe this, am still having fun with my mx7000. I think I should get the dumb beoworlder award Unsure

I'm trying to connect a Philips DVD player - which only has the three normal plugs out the back (Yellow, Red & White).

You should've mentioned the colours earlier! I guess that means that the DVD just has composite video (yellow) and audio R+L out.

This should work just fine with the MX if you get a SCART adapter designed for that. Something like this.

So I select V.Tape, then select camcorder from the menu. All works fine, sound and vision, and then after a few seconds the picture starts dancing across the screen, and settles, this just carries on, making any DVD pretty un-watchable.

So what gives, is it an MX issue, or a V8000 or will the camcorder bit never stop jumping the picture?Sad

I guess that's our friends in the entertainment industry, or more precisely, an old copy protection concoction called Macrovision in action. It's a kind of scrambling signal embedded on the video, which is not supposed to disturb direct viewing, but will mess up the automatic gain controls in recorders, thus preventing copying. Or more like being a nuisance to everyone, and not doing a single bit against professional piracy.

-mika

• 04-14-2009 4:21 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

LOL gosh it makes my head hurt!

I did try one of these but that produced a blank screen of doom, so the nearest I can find that you suggest is this... looks like it has an in out switch too.

• 04-14-2009 4:32 AM In reply to

benjnz:

LOL gosh it makes my head hurt!

I did try one of these but that produce a blank screen of doom, so the nearest I can find that you suggest is this... looks like it has an in out switch too.

Yes, the former of those links is a component video / SCART adapter and not suitable for this task. The latter should be just the ticket, although it seems unnecessarily "high-end" Smile

-mika

• 04-14-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

LOL yes well there's only limited supply of things in NZ you know!

Thanks for your help, fingers crossed it works, I'll pop down the store and get it tomorrow Big Smile

• 04-14-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

LOL yes well there's only limited supply of things in NZ you know!

Thanks for your help, fingers crossed it works, I'll pop down the store and get it tomorrow Big Smile

• 04-14-2009 5:28 AM In reply to

HI benjnz

The trouble with your picture could be wrong settings in your dvd player

in the player's menu try to change output format to rgb and the television standard

you are using in NZ maybe pal I dont know,also the signal from the dvd could be

too high for the 7000.

regards

jan

• 04-14-2009 5:33 AM In reply to

Hi bejnz

I have spotted your problem now the problem is that when direct it through

the v 8000 the copypotection on the dvd affects the oscillator on the v 8000

because it thinh's you are going to copy the dvd to vhs so avoid the v 800 and byu

a box with 3 scart connections.

regards

jan

• 04-14-2009 8:16 AM In reply to

I have an MX7000 in one of the bedrooms at our house, the DVD player only has composite ( same as your Philips DVD player ) , so buying a scart plug with 3 phonos ( yellow, red and white ) is all you need pluged into the back of the MX7000, ours is plugged into the AV2 labelled scart on the MX,  we have a Beocord VX7000 plugged into the scart labelled AV1

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)