in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-30-2007 2:11 PM by Coolskin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2007 2:56 AM

• roarmo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

BeoLab 3 or 7-2 as center speaker + BeoLab 2 needed?

Hello everyone.

Planning a new home cinema setup based on BeoSystem 3 together with a projector.
    I am looking for your opinions on choosing the center speaker and the need for a subwoofer.

The room is 3.5m (w) by 6.0 m length.

Considering BeoLab 9 as front and BeoLab 3 as back speakers.

The BeoLab 9 speakers will be placed close to each side of the new B&O cabinet (large), so the total width of the setup will be approx 2.5 meters.
    I am uncertain of what to choose for a center speaker. Because my need of a cabinet underleath the projectorscreen, the 7-4 speaker is not possible. That leaves me with the choice of BeoLab 7-2 (equal width as the cabinet) or BeoLab3 speaker as a center.

QUESTION 1:
    What is best match for the BeoLab 9 in this configuration, BeoLab 7-2 or BeoLab 3?
    If your suggestion is BeoLab 3 should I use two (since I have to buy them in pairs) placed close to eachother, or just one?

In my livingroom I have i BeoVision 7-40 setup with BeoLab8000 front, 7-4 center and BeoLab 3 back together with a BeoLab 2 subwoofer, which I added recently. In this setup the BeoLab 2 contributed a lot, and made the sound much better.

QUESTION 2:
    In my home coinema setup will I benefit (a lot) from adding a BeoLab 2 when using the BeoLab 9 as front speakers, or are the bass from the BeoLab 9 sufficient?

QUESTION 3 (a little off topic):
    Does anyone have experience using different projector brands/models connected to the BeoSystem 3? If yes, which ones are you using? Suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your (insightful) opinions!

Roarmo.

• 05-30-2007 5:11 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoLab 3 or 7-2 as center speaker + BeoLab 2 needed?

QUESTION 1:

I would recommand you the 7.4, but as this is not possible, a single BL3 would be the best choice IMO. You should get an ALT speaker as center, because you would loose some of the qualitiy you add by the great front and rear speakers you have if you add a non ALT speaker as center. The 7.2 sure is a very good center speaker, but for your needs, one BL3 would do a better job IMO.

I think there is something wrong with your living room setup. I would place the BL8000 in the back and the BL3 in the front (if the the placement conditions allow it). The main reason for this is your center speaker: the BL3s would match the sound of your BL7.4 much better. BL8000 is a very good speaker (i have a pair myself), but the BL3 is much clearer, so is the BL7.4. Think of it!

QUESTION 2:

I have heard the BL9 at my dealer's with and without BL2. I think for movies, the BL2 can help to provide the real movie feeling. In a cinema setup, I would add one. For music not.

QUESTION 3:

No idea, sorry.

Hope this helps!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-30-2007 2:11 PM In reply to

Re: BeoLab 3 or 7-2 as center speaker + BeoLab 2 needed?

roarmo:
    QUESTION 3 (a little off topic):

Does anyone have experience using different projector brands/models connected to the BeoSystem 3? If yes, which ones are you using? Suggestions?

During the tour at the B&O site we visited Beoliving.

If I'm not mistaken the projector was around 7000 euro... Sorry don't know the brand.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)