in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-06-2009 7:42 AM by XavierItzmann. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2009 10:19 AM

No more IR remote control to Mac with P.MUTE - New bug found in latest firmware 4.74a

I have attached my Mac to V.MEM and want to listen to music from the Mac.

Before the upgrade to the latest firmware version the whole TV went into stand by a few minutes after P.MUTE. :-(

I got a firmware update to v4.74a and above issue is now fixed.

But now, a few minutes after P.MUTE, the IR commands are not forwarded to the Mac anymore. It seems that the IR command module goes to sleep. Only, if I re-enable the screen by pressing V.MEM, then IR commands are sent to the Mac nicely. Angry

Can anyone confirm this issue?

Cheers, Knubbi -- Beovision 7-40 MK3, 2x Beolab 5, 2x Beolab 8000

• 03-26-2009 10:48 AM In reply to

Re: No more IR remote control to Mac with P.MUTE - New bug found in latest firmware 4.74a

Problem solved! It is not B&O fault.

I use a Mac Mini with a Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo device. This device goes into sleep mode and the Mini complains about the lack of a mouse. In this state, the Mini seems to ignore any IR command.

Solution: I attached a USB mouse as a placebo and everything is fine.

• 11-05-2009 10:58 AM In reply to

Re: No more IR remote control to Mac with P.MUTE - New bug found in latest firmware 4.74a

I thought I may update this posting.

The problem was not solved as one important remains: In P.MUTE mode, the BV 7-40 automatically goes to stand by after a while as it seems to expect a video signal which may not arrive because the Mac Mini switches video off after a certain period of time.

I mailed the B&O "support" (the quotation marks are intentional) but I received something like "We can confirm the issue but we do not know whether we will ever fix it".

So much about the "support" for one of the most expensive TV sets.

• 11-06-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

Yeah, nearly zero support for Macintosh.  As if B&O customers somehow all use Windows products.

Anyway, may I suggest as a workaround that you set your Mac to never shut down its display output via Preferences Panel.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)