in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-22-2009 10:52 AM by kevnick80. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2009 4:23 AM

New Beocenter 2 not reading DVD/CDs - help

Hi guys

Right, i purchased a 2005 ex-display Beocenter 2 with DVD a couple of weeks ago. the first day i got it, it worked fine, then the next day, when i switch the unit on, i press load, opens up, i press close and DISC to load up a DVD/CD, and......nothing happens. even if i press the load button (on unit dvd/and Beo4), the red light flashes to say it has accepted the command, but will not open up for me to load a disc. have tried lots of different DVD/CDs but nothing works.

i have to switch the unit on standby, switch it back on, and press load, before it will open up i.e. i cannot press LOAD a few times when the machine is on to open the door more than once, i have to put it on standby then power it up again.

and it does nothing. it will play the radio and the sound i channel from the tv through the A.Aux, but i dont even hear it spinning the disc, i know it would be quiet, but there is nothing to be heard.

and the thing is, this is my SECOND ex-display from a B&O shop based down in england. they sent me a replacement unit by courier, and stupidly sent me two different socket boxes, and both of them i have hooked up to the head unit, but it does the same thing.

i am not being stupid, all the cables are plugged in, im not changing the settings, so what am i doing wrong.

I am seriously starting to be put off B&O becuase of this and other issues.....

Please help before i shout at the store.....

thanks

kevin

• 03-19-2009 11:48 AM In reply to

Re: New Beocenter 2 not reading DVD/CDs - help

Please help before i shout at the store.....

What do you mean? 

1) Take a deep breath before you shout at the store?

2) Make sure you know your legal rights before you shout at the store?

3) Make sure you know what you want out of the complaint before you shout at the store?

I am not sure there is much you can do, but shout at the.......... I do not think it is the fault of B&O.

• 03-19-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

so, no SERIOUS suggestions then?

think im sending the unit back and getting a refund, then buying a beosound 4!

• 03-20-2009 4:30 AM In reply to

Am I missing something here?  You have just bought it ex-demonstration, so it should have a warranty regardless of how old it is.  The store have obviously tried to solve the issue but with no success yet, have they refused to solve it? If not why not let them do so you've tried the socket unit there is only the head unit left so the problem is either in that or an issue with the cable that joins the two.  It may well be an issue with the disc mechanism, but it needs to be looked at and if it's under warranty there's no problem really.  I accept that it is a frustration for you but if you got a good deal on it because it's ex-demo, let them fix it rather than get really angry about it.

• 03-20-2009 9:32 AM In reply to

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that the disc reader and the socket box are a whole: You have to attach the right socket box

• 03-20-2009 10:16 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Well, this is the second dodgy issue you have had with this item, get your money back or have it replaced with a machine that is in working condition.

Calm down and please do not get frustrated with us, or the manufacturer. Both of the aforementioned have nothing to do with this issue. We are here to help as best we can - free of charge

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-21-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

ok

the Beocenter 2 is going back on monday and im getting a refund - think im going to opt for a new Beosound 4

kevin

• 03-22-2009 9:53 AM In reply to

• Esh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-20-2009
    • London
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

I had this problem too. What I did was disconnect it from the mains for 20 seconds then reconnect. Be sure to have your pincode handy, as I once answered a call and came back to find it locked.

• 03-22-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

tried that lots of times, but the same thing happened - it didnt work. thanks for the advice tho

hopefully i will soon have a new beosound 4

kevin

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)