in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2009 7:55 PM by Medogsfat. 40 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2009 8:14 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Job Vacancy with B&O Dealer - London

Locked Contact

I received a phone call from the owner of Bang & Olufsen dealership in London today, who very astutely realised that the best place to find an employee that's a real B&O enthusiast is on the worlds biggest B&O enthusiast site!

I am at a complete loss as to which section to put this in, so for now i will go 'General Forum' - but if there are any other dealers that favour the idea of a 'Jobs' section in say 'Lifestyle' then please let me know.  I can't think of anything better than a B&O addict running a B&O store.. i think they call it Nirvana? LOL

Anyway - here goes..

Senior Sales Consultant (with the opportunity to progress to Store Manager)

We are a busy and successful franchise in North London. We require a highly motivated person to work in our store selling Bang & Olufsen equipment to customers from a wide range of backgrounds. 

Initially you will be working as a Senior Sales Consultant, but this position is offered with a view to take over from the current Store Manager who will then concentrate on sales and project management of high-end multi-room systems. You must have recent experience selling Bang & Olufsen products, and experience as a team leader or store manager is preferable although not essential. A proven track record in sales is also required.

The ability to prioritise tasks, look after our often demanding customer’s needs as they arise and keep the store running smoothly is essential. You must be outgoing, confident and friendly. Good computer knowledge and a clean driving license are required.

Working hours include Saturdays, with a day off during the week. You will also occasionally be required to meet with customers in their homes outside of store hours.

In return for your long-term commitment this role will pay a dedicated and successful person very well, with a good basic salary and the ability to earn significant un-capped bonuses.

Please send CVs to:

beojob@hotmail.co.uk

Good luck to all that apply, this store although compact is extremely busy and very well run.  It's also in a very nice part of London!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-09-2009 9:46 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Job Vacancy with B&O Dealer - London

Locked Contact

Sounds like a great opportunity for someone.

( I'll be right over on the next flight ).

• 03-09-2009 10:20 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Basically this store is looking for someone like me so I'll send my CV across immediately. Based on threads over the past few months it seems that the majority of users on this forum are so negative towards B&O as a company and their products I can't see anyone else who has the same passion I have, and have always had for this brand. I love it, and THAT is what makes a good salesman (not to mention a good customer!) - someone who believes in and is pasionate about the brand and its products. What has happened to Beoworld lately? People criticise absolutly everything that B&O do as a company. It seems they can't get anything right in your opinion. For an enthusiasts website this is extremely poor. I am sorry for you guys, certainly not for me as I am 100% happy with all the products I have bought. They fit my lifestyle perfectly. I think many users of this site really don't understand what B&O are about. Its a lot more than a 'product', its a lifestyle, a way of living. Perhaps Loewe is the best way forward for many of you.

I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

Cheers!
    Simon.

• 03-10-2009 12:08 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Hey Simon,

I don't think everyone here is totally dissatisfied with B&O, just a little unsatisfied with some of the products that have come out in the last few years. The dilution of the brand with the Samsung nonsense and the unuseability of products such as the DVD2 and the HDR2 have led people to query what way their beloved brand is heading. I think a new CEO with a better direction will head towards resolving this IMO, but there will be a lag with R&D over the next couple of years while this transition occurs. I guess what we all want is for B&o not to head towards dumbing itself down, rather than to head back towards its innovative nature. As you can probably tell, there are a lot of people here willing to spend big dollars for something they don't need but will make their lives more pleasant. I must say it's very disconcerting when you go to your local B&O store, and even the long serving staff find it hard not to say negative things towards some of the recent products.

This has been my experience.....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-10-2009 12:17 AM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

Simon,

You are not alone. There are many of us on this forum who are as enthusiastic about B&O today as you are. Some of us have expressed what you have here and have been "blasted" by the negative element... so a mature response is to back off and just use the site as a means to understanding past, current, and future products better. After 40 years as a B&O owner and enthusiast, I still learn about features from some of the questions put forth on this forum. Thanks are due to the very knowlegeable participants who so freely offer accurate answers and great advice!!

Good luck

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 03-10-2009 12:26 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Surely you don't think I was 'blasting' Simon with a tonne of negativity????? I love B&O and I love Beoworld (hence me being a Gold member, unfortunately missed out on Foundation member though Super Angry ) I don't think there is a problem with negativity, you cannot expect even B&O to be perfect. Hopefully B&O read these enthusiasts forums to gain an incite in to how their customers feel about certain products and where they may be going right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on any matter, and this opinion should never be discounted as it is the author's viewpoint.

I wish Simon well with attaining the job, I'm sure he would make a passionate and loyal salesperson judging by his love for B&O.

Jonathan

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-10-2009 3:07 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Most people are on Beoworld because they love the products. We have almost no-one here that I would regard as a troll. However I feel it is perfectly acceptable to criticise products - especially when they are poor. For instance the Beosound 6 is a pretty pathetic attempt for an MP3 player and this is recognised by B&O as it is dropping it after a very short run. B&O want intelligent comment not blind faith - I have far more respect for dealers who advise honestly rather than just saying everything is great.

• 03-10-2009 3:52 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

if bno can recapture the innovative genius like spirit that gave us the tangential tracking turntable , dolby hx pro and other technical innovations i'm sure they can recapture their magic

as has been mentioned above , none of us hate bno , we're just mystified by some of the products they've realised in the last few years , they don't seem very well thought out , the dvd-1 and hdr-1/2 spring to mind for me

then again some of bno's current products ARE superb ; the beolab 5 & 9 , the bv7/40 etc

good luck with the job si , what will you do about commuting tho' ?

popgear is grate™

• 03-10-2009 4:16 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Locked Contact

People are entitled to their opinions - just because you don't agree doesn't make them wrong. For an enthusiast website this is actually pretty good, we have a balance of opinion on both new and old product, which leads to healthy debate and some really thought provoking threads at times. This is the way I believe it should be, if everyone agreed with everything B&O did I think Beoworld would be a much poorer place.

In some respects defending and praising everything they do can devalue a person's input - every knows there have been mistakes and duff product along the way, denying or defending them just isn't credible.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-10-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

A good friend will support you unconditionally come what may.

A really good friend will support you unreservedly when appropriate but will also let you know when you have stepped out of line.

Simon

• 03-10-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

The_Beonic_Man:
    They fit my lifestyle

Good luck Simon, but I'm somewhat concerned about use of the cliche 'They fit my lifestyle'. What does that phrase actually mean?

If I asked a potential employee their view of the company's products and I got the reply 'They fit my lifestyle', I would tick the bulls..t box!

If you mean, 'I admire the design, construction, technology etc etc and I can afford it'. then say so!

Wink

• 03-10-2009 5:30 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

The_Beonic_Man:

Basically this store is looking for someone like me so I'll send my CV across immediately. Based on threads over the past few months it seems that the majority of users on this forum are so negative towards B&O as a company and their products I can't see anyone else who has the same passion I have, and have always had for this brand. I love it, and THAT is what makes a good salesman (not to mention a good customer!) - someone who believes in and is pasionate about the brand and its products. What has happened to Beoworld lately? People criticise absolutly everything that B&O do as a company. It seems they can't get anything right in your opinion. For an enthusiasts website this is extremely poor. I am sorry for you guys, certainly not for me as I am 100% happy with all the products I have bought. They fit my lifestyle perfectly. I think many users of this site really don't understand what B&O are about. Its a lot more than a 'product', its a lifestyle, a way of living. Perhaps Loewe is the best way forward for many of you.

Cheers!
    Simon.

Simon I cannot believe your nerve, who are you to judge other people you have not even met! 

As for keeping us posted why bother as from the tone of your post were not worthy & I doubt anyone one but you is interested in the outcome, and even if you are successful in getting the job you will soon find out it's not about the product but the people buying it & from this perspective you have already shown you will be a failure.

Good luck

• 03-10-2009 6:52 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

I think that's a little harsh on Simon (The Beonic Man). He's obviously incredibly passionate about the brand, a proven salesman, and as a customer too, I can't see any reason why that doesn't make him an ideal candidate!

There's nothing wrong with self-confidence - it's when it becomes arrogance that you need to worry! Smile

Personally, I wish you the best of luck should you decide to apply - I don't even know which store this is for (I think I can guess though)!!

I agree that there has been alot of negative talk recently, but it's not people wanting the brand to fail, just merely their respective viewpoints on the current state of the company's affairs. You must admit that many of the latest products have been well below the standard usually associated with B&O - and this is what people are griping about.

This forum's all about balance, and for every passionate individual there'll also be a few who have negative comments to air - I for one quite enjoy a good rant! Even find it amusing most of the time!

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 03-10-2009 7:17 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Agree with that! And best of luck with the application - I dare say there will be quite a bit of competition!

• 03-10-2009 7:54 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I should add that it's really nice to see a B&O dealer doing so well in the current economic climate.

Simon 

• 03-10-2009 8:08 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Locked Contact

V13WNG:

I think that's a little harsh on Simon (The Beonic Man). He's obviously incredibly passionate about the brand, a proven salesman, and as a customer too, I can't see any reason why that doesn't make him an ideal candidate!

There's nothing wrong with self-confidence - it's when it becomes arrogance that you need to worry! Smile

Personally, I wish you the best of luck should you decide to apply - I don't even know which store this is for (I think I can guess though)!!

This forum's all about balance, and for every passionate individual there'll also be a few who have negative comments to air - I for one quite enjoy a good rant! Even find it amusing most of the time!

On the whole I agree, however claiming that "many users of this site really don't understand what B&O are about" because they don't share his unerring devotion to the brand name alone is a little off beam - only my opinion of course.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-10-2009 9:30 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Simon's post got up my nose more than a little bit, 'nuff said.

Regards Graham

• 03-10-2009 9:36 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Locked Contact

wirralsimon:

A good friend will support you unconditionally come what may.

A really good friend will support you unreservedly when appropriate but will also let you know when you have stepped out of line.

Your best friend would additionally have to know you in and out and therefore never ask from you things impossible for you to deliver.

Your really best friend … would additionally be in a position to make sure you never made a wrong step.

I guess not everybody can be even their best friend - even if one badly wanted … was it therefore you left them out?

Big Smile

• 03-10-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

I think people take Simon's posts in the wrong way!! Laughing

He doesn't mean to cause any offence, I'm sure!

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 03-10-2009 10:10 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

well...

the definition of a forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

so... say whatever you want!

w/ regards to sales and salesmanship specifically... some of my very best friends have been salesmen that i have dealt with over long periods of time. with that said, none -not one of them, was ever particularly passionate nor knowledgeable about their respective product(s). i, as the client, was the one that was passionate and knowledgeable. as a good salesman, they knew that, and they simply provided me with a great interactive experience while dropping my money. conversely, when i have run into bigshot salesmen -it invariably always turned into a very ugly experience with me walking out the door. over the long haul, my "friend" salesmen ended up having long careers in their profession, the bigshots always ended up to the wayside and bouncing around jobs...

so, at least IMHO -passion and knowledge aren't guarantees of success in sales. more important, is human interaction, listening, understanding, and making the client feel good. you definitely don't want to approach it as a savior for the brand, but i wish you luck simon! hope you get the job!

in case anyone is wondering... i would be a miserable failure as a salesman!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-10-2009 10:15 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact

The_Beonic_Man:

Cheers!
    Simon.

Sorry Simon but I cannot keep schtum here. You are entitled to your opinion so here's mine....................

That is the most arrogant, self centered post I have read on Beoworld in many a year. What gives you the right to make sweeping comments about the quality of this forum and the views of its membershiip without expecting some retort? I am absolutely affronted by your comments and to be frank I don't care about your progress so save some server space by not bothering to tell me. I would turn on my heels and vacate any shop who had a salesman full your self importance.

Good luck - you're going to need it.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-10-2009 10:58 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

Wow, this thread certainly demonstrates the wildly different ways in which people express their passion for B&O.

For me, I don't take it personally when someone makes broad brush statements. 

Stan

• 03-10-2009 11:01 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I don't post that much but am interested in this forum and read with ineterest some of the great discussions that have taken place, but, I was surprised at reading this post and have to agree with Chris - it was quite an immature posting and insulting to everyone who is offering constructive criticism of the brand in the hope that our comments are listened too and provide future direction.

The best salespeople I've known, take time to listen, are knowledge and enthusiastic about the stuff they are selling but they are unbiased and don't push you into something just because they happen to own one or have a personal preference.

That said, good luck with the application and hope that this has maybe been a lesson and highlighted just how much everyone else does care about the brand and its products.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 03-10-2009 11:15 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I don't take any offense from Simon's post.

That said, sounds like the average Beo salesman. And some of you might remember what I think of the majority of them. Big Smile

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-10-2009 12:08 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

oh crikey , simon sounds like he's overqualified ! Stick out tongue

**only joshing**

why not apply for the new ceo job while you're at it !!?

DevilBig Smile

i think i'll apply for steve jobs' job while i'm at it !!Yes -  thumbs up

popgear is grate™

Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >