in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2009 2:49 PM by koning. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-28-2009 6:09 AM

iPod dock ?

Hello,

Which is the best iPod dock for B&O setup ?

And is there dock with on screen menu from iPod which can be controlled by beo4 ?

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-28-2009 6:22 AM In reply to

Re: iPod dock ?

B&O will release an iPod dock this year. just wait.

• 02-28-2009 7:18 AM In reply to

I will but I'm afraid it will be 1000 EURO ....

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-28-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

Should only be about 500 euro

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-28-2009 9:42 PM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

Just bought an iPod universal dock from Apple.

Carge any iPod/iPhone and exit through a mini jack as a line out.

It comes with a remote control.

I attach it to the AUX input of my BeoSound 3000 and I'm quite HAPPY with it.

Less than 50 USD.

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

• 03-01-2009 4:24 AM In reply to

SKApretto71:

Just bought an iPod universal dock from Apple.

Carge any iPod/iPhone and exit through a mini jack as a line out.

It comes with a remote control.

I attach it to the AUX input of my BeoSound 3000 and I'm quite HAPPY with it.

Less than 50 USD.

Yes this is good solution,

but one thing that i want is on screen menu from iPod.

As far as I understood apple universal dock doesn't have possibility of on screen menu ...

Is there any dock who can do that ?

• 03-01-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

Is it going to be a dock with a built-in speaker, such as the bose soundock or just a way to connect an ipod to a beosound ?

Marc.

• 03-01-2009 5:19 PM In reply to

please not a bose soundockIck!

• 03-01-2009 6:20 PM In reply to

I'm realy curious to see what this dock is going to be... I'm not an iPod user (I'm sticking to my BS2 for those couple of hours I use it per year) but I'm looking forward to see how B&O integrates it with the BS5.. OR any other B&O system...

Karel.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 03-02-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

• Silou
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-10-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 241
    • Gold Member

With ML connection???

• 03-02-2009 10:16 AM In reply to

It's going to be a way to connect the iPod to a BeoSystem 3 (or other video platform) with an on-screen menu for browsing its audio and video content. It will only be a peripheral. No ML. No Speakers. Nice low price, though. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-02-2009 10:47 AM In reply to

• Bart
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

No ML? Then how does it connect to the Video system? Via scart or AUX maybe? 

Bart

• 03-02-2009 11:02 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

It's going to be a way to connect the iPod to a BeoSystem 3 (or other video platform) with an on-screen menu for browsing its audio and video content. It will only be a peripheral. No ML. No Speakers. Nice low price, though. 

By 'nice low price' I assume you mean by B&O pricing standards? I didn't think the phrase 'low' & 'price' was in their lexicon.

• 03-02-2009 1:58 PM In reply to

Is the dockstation also a DA converter?

• 03-02-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

It's going to be a way to connect the iPod to a BeoSystem 3 (or other video platform)

Does it mean that you will only may connect your dock to BS3 ?

• 03-05-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

• Silou
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-10-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 241
    • Gold Member

No ML!!! Only for BS3...

BAD B&O !!! BAD AGAIN!!! Sad

• 03-06-2009 9:53 AM In reply to

@TripEnglish is the ipod dock similair to the Wadia 170iTransport or will it run on the ipod's DA converter???

• 03-06-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

• augs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-17-2007
    • Posts 73
    • Bronze Member

Just try this Docking-Station, the iBundo pro : www.ibundo.de

Full access to the menu of your iPod/ iPhone. The dock is able to charge all iPod/ iPhones which are charged using USB. This includes the new generation iPod/ iPhone (autumn 2008)

Link >>>

Best

Augs

Es hört doch jeder nur, was er versteht. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
  • 03-06-2009 1:16 PM In reply to

That's not what I want,

all I want is a GOOD sound!!!

• 03-07-2009 1:37 PM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

Interesting stuff.

I did not knew it, and seems a great product.

Any direct experience with it from other users?

BTW: I'm happy with my Apple docking station, but the Beo4 control is a plus i did not expected possible from tirth party products

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

• 03-07-2009 2:01 PM In reply to

It will just be a dock. It will rely on the iPod's DA converter and connect via standard video cables. Our real iPod dock is called the BeoSound 5. Live the dream.

• 03-07-2009 2:40 PM In reply to

oke' I 'm done.

For sale- Bang & Olufsen

Reason- Bad SoundQuality for a premium price!

• 03-07-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

• MacBo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

It will just be a dock. It will rely on the iPod's DA converter and connect via standard video cables. Our real iPod dock is called the BeoSound 5. Live the dream.

I think I will go for the Apple TV!

• 03-07-2009 5:04 PM In reply to

Apple TV is a pain in the ass. If you're willing to give up access to 80% of the movies available on earth in return for a highly dubious level of "convenience" then it's a great product.

If and when it comes untethered from their narrow content distribution stream, boost the memory, and find better ways of sorting content than ever lengthening lists, I'll get back on board. For now I have two of them in a drawer while I watch movies on my new BeoMaster 5. It's by no means perfect, but it's open source and that's as good as you can get for a digital video peripheral these days.  

• 03-07-2009 8:11 PM In reply to

@Koning, how are they supposed to get around the Ipod D/A to improve the sound? You cant really access the files on an Ipod. 

Whoever wants to buy an ATV, take a careful look. Its not very user friendly, Itunes is falling behind as well. Managing Movies in Itunes is still a pain, Boxee.TV and others show very well how this can be automated through internet DBs pulling in reviews and Trailer without me jumping through hoops.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >