in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2009 2:49 PM by koning. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2009 5:57 AM In reply to

Re: iPod dock ?

Take a look at the http://www.crutchfield.com/p_727170I/Wadia-170iTransport.html?tp=238!!!!

Only 379,79$

That's the way B&O has to do this.

400-500 euro B&O dockLaughing ridiculousAngry

• 03-08-2009 7:03 AM In reply to

• Henri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-15-2009
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

I've used the Universal Dock with an older B&O system that hasn't got a remote. Its own remote has basic functions like forward/back and volume, but other "features" like very quiet output level (which, incidentally, can only be adjusted down) and mediocre sound quality are serious drawbacks.

Proper, comprehensive integration and bypassing the crappy, hissy DAC are high on the wish list. At price level of several hundreds of £/€/$, that's exactly what you should get.

• 03-09-2009 9:43 AM In reply to

I went through this exercise last year - I wanted iPOD on-screen menu on my TV and linked TV's and the ability to control through BEO4 from any room.

The answer is a bit of a bodge but works flawlessly and appears totally integrate.

Onkyo make a dock that gives on-screen display, I bought that and a Lintronic box to convert the onkyo to beo4 codes and an automatic video selector which allowed me to plug in both the doc and a Panasonic DVD player into the DVD socket on my TV. I adapted a scart lead to give the data commands to the Lintronic box and to connect to the automatic video selector. DVD and IPOD plug into the video selector. Lintronic was programmed for teh DVD and Onkyo box. Result is that you can press DVD then Green and control the iPOD from any room and see the menu on any of the link TV's and press DVD then Red and control the iPOD - all of it is hidden away.  A plus point is that anyone can bring their own iPOD round and that can be used instead. It also freed up the AUX socket on my BS3000 for a turntable and tape deck. Total Cost was around £200 which is really cheap considering the functionality and ease of use and the fact that it is a link solution. Another plus point is that the doc can be changed in the future as more sophisticated and better on screen displays become available for only the price of the docing station - the lintronic box and video selector stay in place and only the lintronic needs re-programming.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 03-09-2009 9:55 AM In reply to

Anyone connected an Ipod to a Beosound 1 Aux?

I'm looking for a din to minijack cable, but not sure if I have to get a 5 pin din or 7 pin din.

• 03-09-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

mayonaise:

Anyone connected an Ipod to a Beosound 1 Aux?

I'm looking for a din to minijack cable, but not sure if I have to get a 5 pin din or 7 pin din.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly is a forum member and sponsor, and his web site is here:

http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/default.htm

If you drop him an email I am sure he would be happy to supply what you need!

Simon

• 03-09-2009 10:54 AM In reply to

Thanks for the recommendation Simon!

Yes, I can help with these cables.  To select the "Aux Input" on BeoSound 1, don't forget to press the two arrow keys either side of the < CD > marker together and the unit will switch to the Aux Input.

Please feel free to ask if you need any assistance.

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 03-09-2009 1:22 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

koning:

That's not what I want,

all I want is a GOOD sound!!!

If you want good sound you do NOT buy an iPod, don't you?

Go for a Sony or iRiver or Cowon but not for the shabby iPod :-)

• 03-09-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

Pfffff...

Can't you read?

I will buy the ipod but not the B&O dockingstation.

I hope that you will buy itStick out tongue

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2