in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-21-2009 12:23 PM by KibitoCH. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2009 6:55 PM

Connectivity problems; Overture(aux) <-> Avant

Hi,

I'm quite new to B&O so I need all the help you experts can share

I have problems with playing A.Aux source, connected to my Overture, through my Beovision Avant.

This is my setup;

Avant connected to Overture through MasterLink 
    BeoLab 6000 connected to Overture
    External source (Apple Airport Express) connected to Overture through 3,5mm jack <-> DIN (aux)
    The fantastic Beo4 remote controls it all. 

This works;

Playing CDs, Radio and Aux on the BeoLab speakers.
    Playing CDs and Radio on the Avants speaker through MasterLink using the AV function.
    Watching TV and listen to the sound on the BeoLab speakers through MasterLink using the AV function.

So, the problem that keeps me awake at night;

I wish to listen to the AUX source on the Avant like I do with CDs and radio using MasterLink and the AV function as described earlier.

Can anyone out there please tell me how to make this work ?

Thanks.

• 02-21-2009 1:26 AM In reply to

Re: Connectivity problems; Overture(aux) <-> Avant

Hi, to activate the A.AUX source on the Ouverture, you simply need to add any audio source to your Beo4 remote, either A.AUX or another easy one like NMUSIC (if you use airport express, it may make more sense), To do so, press "std.by" and "list" at the same time on Beo4, then select "add", then select the audio source you want, and press "go". The extra audio source will be added to Beo4 under "list"Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 02-21-2009 6:38 AM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Hola

You probably need AV - A.Aux wich you can add as stated above. N.Music equals the Audio Tape2 command, wich won't work. Because you dont have that source connected.

regards

• 02-21-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

Thanks for these super quick answers.

I have added both the A.AUX and AV functions to my Beo4.

When I'm listen to CDs and Radio on the Avant I press the following combination;
    List -> AV -> Go ->CD and the Overture starts playing CD and the sound comes through the Avants speaker.

Since both the AV and A.AUX functions are picked from the LIST menu, I can't press them at the same sequence.

• 02-21-2009 8:10 AM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Hmm your right, the command isen't there (i just check'd it with my Beo4).

What i mean'd was something along: A-A.Aux .. like the A-V.Aux command wich does AV and V.Aux in one List command.

Im not sure if you can even execute this with the Beo4. You whould have to contact Customer Care, unless someone else has an idea.

• 02-21-2009 9:07 AM In reply to

How did you setup options on these two devices ?

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-21-2009 10:51 AM In reply to

Option 1 on both devices

• 02-21-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

Try to put option 0 for overture and option 2 for avant.

And than try.

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-21-2009 11:13 AM In reply to

In this case Avant is master and overture is slave...

When you want to listen radio from overture just go for AV and than radio.

I think it should work with aux also ....

• 02-21-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

So i did, and nothing seems to work. After putting option 0 on the overture wile the Avant still were on option 1, the only things that worked from my Beo4 was the TV button.

But, I tried to set the Avants option to 2, wile the Overture still was in option 0.

If i press the TV, Radio or aux on the beo4, they plays through the Avants speaker as default. Now there´s no sound from the BeoLab speakers unless press the buttons directly on the Overture. 

I'm now a bit more confused.  A simple solution would be if i can set f.eks. the SAT button on Beo4 to V.AUX, then I would be able to just press;

List -> AV -> SAT

Anyhow, thanks for helping me out with this.

• 02-21-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Another Question, why do you have the speakers mounted to the Ouverture? Are they both in the same room? if so.. connect the speakers to the Avant and use Option 2 for the Avant and Option 0 for the Ouverture..

You also get the benefit of a "Front Surround" this way. The speakers will play while you watch Picture and Audio Sources. Depending the Model of your Avant you may have to set the speakers in the Menu, so the Avant knows they are connected.

• 02-21-2009 12:10 PM In reply to

Superrakett:

So i did, and nothing seems to work. After putting option 0 on the overture wile the Avant still were on option 1, the only things that worked from my Beo4 was the TV button.

But, I tried to set the Avants option to 2, wile the Overture still was in option 0.

If i press the TV, Radio or aux on the beo4, they plays through the Avants speaker as default. Now there´s no sound from the BeoLab speakers unless press the buttons directly on the Overture. 

I'm now a bit more confused.  A simple solution would be if i can set f.eks. the SAT button on Beo4 to V.AUX, then I would be able to just press;

List -> AV -> SAT

Anyhow, thanks for helping me out with this.

You can change speaker on beo4.... chose SPEAKER and than 1, 2 or 3 for speaker .

I think you can setup on avant which speaker is defoult.

• 02-21-2009 12:23 PM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Not all of them, the old ones couldent be Setup with wich they can play. They were "Hardcoded" Video : Speaker 3, Audio: Speaker 2. no matter if you had Rearspeakers or not.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)