in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-11-2009 1:04 PM by Clakke. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2009 7:26 AM

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Two iPod touch/iPhones

Hello

Wery grey weather where I live. Cloudy and around 0 degrees. I think we might get some snow eventually...

Anybody knows or have tried two (or more) iPod/iPhones (with a beoport)? What happens? Are they working independently of each other? Should both show the cover art from iTunes?

B R

Clakke

• 02-10-2009 11:20 AM In reply to

Re: Two iPod touch/iPhones

They don't really talk to the Beoport - they talk to the computer. I use both and they both work fine. You can however only control the computer one at a time - in other words you cannot use each to listen to a different tune in different rooms simultaneously - you only have one copy of iTunes! I have the iTouch in the bedroom and the iPhone with me.

• 02-10-2009 11:25 AM In reply to

If you have more than one computer (or an AppleTV), you can have each remote control a specific computer, and use it to send the music where you want it, but that's the only way of getting separate, multi-room playback.As Peter says, with one computer you control the iTunes on that.

But you can, of course, send the same music to more than one room.

• 02-10-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Peter :

They don't really talk to the Beoport - they talk to the computer. I use both and they both work fine. You can however only control the computer one at a time - in other words you cannot use each to listen to a different tune in different rooms simultaneously - you only have one copy of iTunes! I have the iTouch in the bedroom and the iPhone with me.

Hi again Peter and Soundproof

I knew it, the snow is falling now. Maybe we can go skiing with the kids in the weekend. The temperature is about one degree below zero outside our Beolab 3 (Kitchen).

I realise now that I wrote my text badly. Another occasion then you realise that english is not your native language Embarrassed. I know that Ipod touch does not speak to Beoport but to iTunes and that there is just one source/iTunes(computer). I think though that I can read the answer I wanted between your lines. If I understand it correctly, you have two remotes that can control your iTunes, one iPhone and one iTouch? The question I intended to ask was if you lay down both of your remotes on a table and play something with cover art visible in one of the remotes, can you see the same cover art in the other one? If I phrase it like this maybe: Is it possible to have both remotes to control the same iTunes at the same time?

Sorry if i do not make myself clear

Clakke

• 02-10-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Both remotes will copy each other.

If you play a song by Fleetwood Mac for example from one iPod or iPhone, it will also essentially be playing on the other.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-11-2009 1:04 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Both remotes will copy each other.

If you play a song by Fleetwood Mac for example from one iPod or iPhone, it will also essentially be playing on the other.

Thanks Alex. That was exactly what I wanted confirmed.

B R

Clakke

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)