in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2009 3:59 AM by Dave. 60 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2009 9:08 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen goes GOLD

bayerische:

Puncher:

I've just bought a pair of these to stand one on each end of the BL7-2

Puncher, I wouldn't hire you to decorate my home. Big Smile 

You didn't start Wednesday© early this week did you? Big Smile

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-10-2009 9:13 AM In reply to

as i mentioned in an earlier thread... it might fly in the right surroundings -still not my taste though!

i had suggested copper or bronze -and from the linked article...

<<<<In connection with the anodizing processes, Bang & Olufsen has invented BeoSpray, which is a highly advanced dyeing process which makes it possible to dye aluminium in more than 250 colour nuances.>>>>

-we may just see it!

i'd like to see a very subtle, dark, deep, almost black -bronze color!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-10-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

Hi Mbee,

I agree with you totally, what you have expressed is exactly what I did the last time this subject was brought up, both about the other colours (I specifically also mentioned the blue Wink), and about how in the right interior this could look fantastic..... just as you say a dark interior with gold accents.....

Hmm.....I can see this in a modernist New York penthouse over looking the city skyline, with dark wenge timber floors, rich chocolate walls, a modern black Minotti sofa with the gold BV7, on the wall behind the sofa an abstract Rothko artwork in over size gilt frame, side tables by Minotti in black lacquer and brass, in the dining area a Florence Knoll black marble table and Knoll Mies Brno chairs in black suede.. behind the table perhaps an antique gold budha on a pedastel, next to a macassar ebony credenza from Minotti...

Laurence.

• 02-10-2009 9:39 AM In reply to

Hi Jeff,

I think that the bronze is a great idea, and I think a larger range of more sophisticated metallic colours as you have suggested would work really well. 

Laurence.

• 02-10-2009 9:39 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

soundchoice70:

Hi Mbee,

I agree with you totally, what you have expressed is exactly what I did the last time this subject was brought up, both about the other colours (I specifically also mentioned the blue Wink), and about how in the right interior this could look fantastic..... just as you say a dark interior with gold accents.....

Hmm.....I can see this in a modernist New York penthouse over looking the city skyline, with dark wenge timber floors, rich chocolate walls, a modern black Minotti sofa with the gold BV7, on the wall behind the sofa an abstract Rothko artwork in over size gilt frame, side tables by Minotti in black lacquer and brass, in the dining area a Florence Knoll black marble table and Knoll Mies Brno chairs in black suede.. behind the table perhaps an antique gold budha on a pedastel, next to a macassar ebony credenza from Minotti...

Laurence.

Mm that would look very lush

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-10-2009 9:54 AM In reply to

.....Dave I hope thats good! Unsure

• 02-10-2009 9:57 AM In reply to

this was reference for the metallic colors... orbaudio

i'd like to see a darker bronze, as mentioned.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-10-2009 12:36 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Here is an example of a touch of gold in a television furniture : Concerto by Tarcizio Colzani

Or with another kind of doors (I'm not fan of this one...)

There is gold around the TV, less than on the BV7, but that doesn't look bling bling.

• 02-10-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWktQi9fwW4

I love Goooooooold!

• 02-13-2009 12:38 PM In reply to

I am planning to furnish my home with new glossy white furniture which will go nicely with most of the silver/black B&O products. With all these new colors and finishes i was just thinking whether it is cheaper to buy new set of furniture to suit your new colored B&O equipment! :D Luckily they didn't quit using the "original" colors...

• 02-13-2009 1:37 PM In reply to

Interesting .....

but I don't like it .

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-13-2009 5:36 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Sorry but gold B&O is just horribleIck!

Only people with rococo or baroque designs will ever buy this stuff and IMO these are styles which should never have been allowed happened in the first place. Styles which were financed by the idle/priveleged rich striving for oneupmanship and generally paid for on the backs of the poor & towntrodden masses.

I hate this type of ostentation. B&O first appealed to me because it was something to aspire to own (down to great design and cutting edge technology) and within reach of the common man with enough hard work and application. This type of design stinks of elitism which has never been part of the B&O philosophy as far as I can remember - up until now. Are they really so desperate that they feel the need to appeal to the flash Harry's of this world instead of concentrating on what used to be their core values??

Sorry for the rant chaps & chapettes but I've had a bad day.Storm

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-13-2009 5:40 PM In reply to

I personally think B&O has been a bit behind with the thing about going White and now Gold. Metallic colours has been really popular in interior design and also fashion for about 2 years now so I can see Gold working quite well in a lot of contemporary interiors because it's a warmer colour compared to silver/aluminium. 

• 02-13-2009 6:19 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Puncher:

I've just bought a pair of these to stand one on each end of the BL7-2

WOW punch how'd you sneak those BL3 stand pictures out from under the sheep? Big Smile

• 02-14-2009 3:18 AM In reply to

Why is B&O always changing the outside before the inside? Bring us the latest TV panels, amps & connections, instead of always changing the colours..and after that, B&O do not understand why people say it is only style & no substance..Sad

Nevertheless, I like the pictures, question is to know if I'll like the real products in gold, even though I'll never buy any of them: my interior has no gold, only silverBig Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 02-14-2009 5:06 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Sorry but gold B&O is just horribleIck!

Only people with rococo or baroque designs will ever buy this stuff and IMO these are styles which should never have been allowed happened in the first place. Styles which were financed by the idle/priveleged rich striving for oneupmanship and generally paid for on the backs of the poor & towntrodden masses.

I hate this type of ostentation. B&O first appealed to me because it was something to aspire to own (down to great design and cutting edge technology) and within reach of the common man with enough hard work and application. This type of design stinks of elitism which has never been part of the B&O philosophy as far as I can remember - up until now. Are they really so desperate that they feel the need to appeal to the flash Harry's of this world instead of concentrating on what used to be their core values??

Sorry for the rant chaps & chapettes but I've had a bad day.Storm

Chris.

It's not to my taste either but spare us the party political broadcast Chris, this is not the place.

Regards Graham

• 02-14-2009 5:42 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I don't understand all this arguing about that color. If you don't like it, you don't buy it.

We should be happy that B&O still tries to improve/ change their products.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 02-14-2009 3:42 PM In reply to

Dear All:

With the price of gold at record levels, this is an interesting choice of color.  Perhaps, rap, rock, oil, or Ponzi scheme mogul will like this color.

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 02-14-2009 5:28 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I completely disagree with you, and i love that they are offering yet more choices. B&O is an elite comany... so ya can't say it's never been part of B&O philosophy.

The more wacky the colours and designs, the better, in my view :) but i enjoyed reading your post and i understand what you mean

I personally 100% agree with Tom. It's no biggie, just another colour to choose.

Just for the record - this idea stemmed from the demand from some hotels to B&O to make the all gold BV7's specifically for them. They have clearly seen how good it can look, including the demand, therefore decided to make the option available to all

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-14-2009 5:34 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

I completely disagree with you, and i love that they are offering yet more choices. B&O is an elite comany...

So where are the BV7's encrusted in platinum and swarovski diamonds? If they're elite, I want diamonds!!

• 02-14-2009 5:49 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Dave:

B&O is an elite company... so ya can't say it's never been part of B&O philosophy.

If I thought for one second that B&O were elitist I would have absolutely nothing to do with the brand.

Agree that they have never been mass market but they have nearly always been available to everyone who wants quality and are prepared to pay for it. Elitism is all about exclusion and B&O, historically, have never trodden that path and they would be foolish to think that is where the future lies for them.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-14-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

No I wouldn't have puncher decorate my home either!!!! What happened to clean modern scandinavian design. In Gold the products  look, dare I say, a little 'common' or day i say more the 'beckhams'. 

Still..ive just bought white covers for my beolabs 9's..which my partner hates..

Each to their own i imagine

David Coyne

Sydney, Australia

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 02-15-2009 4:50 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

david coyne:

No I wouldn't have puncher decorate my home either!!!!

Stick out tongue

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-16-2009 12:26 AM In reply to

even in the place I live it will probably be considered as over-the-top.....

although.........Paradise

• 02-18-2009 5:38 PM In reply to

anyone seen this yet?

• B&o bottle opener
Page 2 of 3 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >