in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2009 6:42 AM by Hank. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2009 9:59 AM

Connecting beolab 4000s to a plasma for TV sound

I have a Panasonic Plasma in my bedroom that gets the picture signal straight from a hardwired cable from my sky box downstairs whichis all working fine.

My problem is my Panasonic does not have the speakers attached. I am wondering is it possible to use a my spare set of Beolab 4000s (which are sadly sat doing nothing at the mo which is a complete waste)  to connect straight to the TV audio speaker outputs (2 connections)  ??? Is there some kind of convertor I can use on a powerlink cable.

If not does anyone else have a quick fix way i can get sound to my second TV using my 4000s. i also have a beolink Active box I could use somehow.

cheers

Scott

• 02-04-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting beolab 4000s to a plasma for TV sound

Your Active box is no use whatsoever without ML, and even if you had ML it would be no use whatsoever for your intentions!  You need to work out what the output is from your Pana and whether you would require a small pre-amp with preouts to drive your bl4000's.

• 02-24-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

• Hank
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Re: Connecting beolab 4000s to a plasma for TV sound

I use a pair of Beolab 4 connected directly to my Plasma via speakers out.

But it´s important that you have a speakers out from the TV, beacuse if you use line out you can´t control the volume.

It might be possible to use headphone out on the TV, but I´m not sure. Check with someone before you try.

Best Regards Hank
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)