in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2009 2:44 PM by flyingdutchman. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2009 8:38 PM

BeoCom 6000 International Compatibility

Hello everyone,

I've been having a good gander at all the great free information here but have come up short on one particular query.

My brother is getting rid of his BeoCom 6000 setup and this naturally his perked my interest (after all, who'd say no to free B&O,) however I'm living in Australia and the set is from the United States. Specifically it's the original Mark I variant.

I presume there are only a limited number of potential differences and so far I'm assuming:

• RJ-11 connection is universal and I have both the two and four pin cables.
    • Power is the standard US 110 volts and I could fix this with either a plug adapter or better yet replace the whole power adapter with a generic one
    • Lastly, the frequency is 2.4Ghz which is also used for digital cordless telephones in Australia plus I can change my wireless router frequency channel should there be any interference

In closing, am I right in assuming the phone would have basic functionality? Also, I understand call waiting and caller ID can be country specific?

Cheers,

Piers

Filed under:
  • 09-19-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

• Brentm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoCom 6000 International Compatibility

as I understand, a US phone will not work in Australia, but saying that I'm basing this on the fact that I'm in NZ and our networks are similar.

• 09-24-2009 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: BeoCom 6000 International Compatibility

I have used a US set (handset + base) in the UK, worked fine.

BUT!!, US handsets do not work with base stations outside the US!!!, they do use same frequency but different modulation technique.

Wiring is no problem, See an other post here in the forum from Keith.

Regards

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)