in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2009 3:47 PM by j0hnbarker. 52 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2009 4:24 PM

• SecretSheep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2008
    • In the field outside 'The Farm' - Struer
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

A vision in gold?

We seem to be about to see a flood of gold products! 

They think we're just eating grass....
  • 01-30-2009 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: A vision in gold?

Will only sell in some regions! Those where petrol is produced!!

• 01-30-2009 4:33 PM In reply to

gold products?

Show us some pictures of the "new" gold products!!!!Smile

• 01-30-2009 4:49 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I hope you mean a subtle Nickel-like colouring rather than 

GOLD!!!!!!!!Ick!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-30-2009 4:54 PM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

I'm sorry – I can't even bring myself to look at that. Was this concieved in some crazed focus group? – the guys in Struer have had a taste lobotomy!

• 01-30-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

Horrible... This is so below their level if you ask me.

• 01-30-2009 5:13 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I hate these gold products - except the BS1 which for some reason manages to carry off ostentation breathlessly.

It'll be frets covered in Burberry next.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-30-2009 5:20 PM In reply to

Money does not bring good taste. Some people will like them.

It is good that B&O is offering more choice.

• 01-30-2009 5:37 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I think it's really exciting to have all these choices in style and colour! Wow very negative comments there, i personally think the BV7 all gold looks very cool.

One of my dealers mentioned this to me a few months ago and i forgot to mention on here, the BV7 in all-gold was a custom colour B&O did for some hotels. Now they are offereing it as an option great! Imagine this in a very old style home with wood floors, i don't know how to describe the style of the old houses, the ones where gold picture frames, with the beautiful antique details, suit perfectly, nice... 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-30-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

Smoking illegal stuff during office hours should be prohibited in Struer! Seriously... I know people in Struer who were fired for less!

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 01-30-2009 6:34 PM In reply to

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-30-2009 6:47 PM In reply to

I´m out of words. This isn´t even funny anymore, just pure trash. They must be very desperate to seriously offer this, even only as an option. How can a company with only a little self respect do this to their products? Just plain bizarre. Oh my god...

Regards, beoberlin

• 01-30-2009 7:45 PM In reply to

I can see a whole lot of these being installed on Caribbean cruise ships, right next to the mahogany furniture.

-mika

• 01-30-2009 8:51 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

tournedos:

I can see a whole lot of these being installed on Caribbean cruise ships, right next to the mahogany furniture.

Me too - to be watched by mahogany people

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-30-2009 10:51 PM In reply to

I think it is quite attractive. I prefer other colors that are available but more choices is great. 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 01-31-2009 2:25 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Judging by the EXTREME response, this is another good B&O desicion. Some people are going to love this, and i'll bet money that it's going to grow on a number of us. Besides you don't HAVE to get the matching gold floorstand do you? No.

Yes this Colour may look OTT in most environments, but it still has it's place. For the record i wouldn't buy one, but i'm not going to knock it, as i said it would look fantasic in an older place where technology might look a little fresh and out of place

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-31-2009 2:50 AM In reply to

To be completely fair, this colour is actually called yellow. I think the sheep were looking for maximum response - and got it! Expect it to be offered in a number of products though.

• 01-31-2009 4:11 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Well time to put on the riot gear I think. As I have to say I like it.Surprise

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-31-2009 6:03 AM In reply to

I believe they are adding the colour as an option across most of the tv range and also beo 4, beo 5, lab 6000's and lab 8000's. They plan to colour all the aluminium parts yellow.

• 01-31-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

Dave:

Judging by the EXTREME response, this is another good B&O desicion. Some people are going to love this, and i'll bet money that it's going to grow on a number of us.

Sorry, there is a difference between creating a new product with an at first glance unusual, slightly provoking design and applying a new, naff colour to an existing product. To me this is a classic case of "technically it can be done, somebody is asking for it and willing to pay huge for it, so let´s do it". It´s like Cassina gold-plating the metal tubes of classic LC furniture or Vola offering golden Jacobsen bathroom fittings. They wouldn´t do this (or so I hope)...

Regards, beoberlin

• 01-31-2009 9:14 AM In reply to

I think this is case of international interior 'trends / fashion' influencing B&O choice of accent colours......

Over the last few years there has been what they call 'modern baroque' trend, modernist interiors with simple, streamline detailing accented with bold lavish details such as crystal chandeliers, gilt mirrors, pattern wallcoverings, tufted furniture. Biszzaza glass mosaics have launched whole ranges based around creating patterns with their gold mosaics.... Dolce & Gabanna even have a whole room in one of their homes done in them..... 

This would probably look pretty cool in a all black, slick modern interior with a few other gold and bronze accents.... very New York penthouse....

Sorry BeoBerlin its already happening, hate to tell you but vola does come in gold, as well as many other bright colours! and Cassina has the LC frames in a variety of colours including blue, green, bordeux.

I guess all a matter of personal choice and taste... 

Laurence.

• 01-31-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

soundchoice70:

I think this is case of international interior 'trends / fashion' influencing B&O choice of accent colours......

Over the last few years there has been what they call 'modern baroque' trend, modernist interiors with simple, streamline detailing accented with bold lavish details such as crystal chandeliers, gilt mirrors, pattern wallcoverings, tufted furniture. Biszzaza glass mosaics have launched whole ranges based around creating patterns with their gold mosaics.... Dolce & Gabanna even have a whole room in one of their homes done in them..... 

This would probably look pretty cool in a all black, slick modern interior with a few other gold and bronze accents.... very New York penthouse....

Sorry BeoBerlin its already happening, hate to tell you but vola does come in gold, as well as many other bright colours! and Cassina has the LC frames in a variety of colours including blue, green, bordeux.

I guess all a matter of personal choice and taste... 

Laurence.

You are totally right, as an architect I think it is great move for B&O to follow trends odo I don't prefer neo baroque and such a mix.

But we must agree that Dubai and middle east is huge market Embarrassed

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-31-2009 9:38 AM In reply to

Sorry I didn´t make myself completely clear.

The colourful versions of Cassina and Vola are classics themselves and already a long time available. In the case of Cassina they are afaik already intended by Corbusier and matching his wonderful color keyboards. And I have to admit having a soft spot for his grande confort sofa in brown leather and dark grey metal tubing, much better than the so-called classic version with chrome plated tubing.

But to me this is completely different to this trashy gold with B&O. This has a bitter taste of prostitution, of simply selling more units and nothing to do with real design in terms of an sophisticated act of intellectual work. Sorry if my english isn´t good enough, to tell what I want to tell.

Regards, beoberlin

• 01-31-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

I think that making the assumption this is just for the middle east market is wrong.... I don't think B&O would do this major change just for one market .... its part of a world wide trend .. Jamie Hayon the spanish designer who is being talked about like the next Philippe Starck.. created several key ranges for Metalarte lighting and also another spanish sanitaryware brand Artquitect which use gold and modern baroque forms extensively...

Gold /Brass is the new stainless steel...Surprise

Laurence.

• 01-31-2009 10:00 AM In reply to

Thanks for your info. I just tried googling Mr. Hayon and strangely allmost all found sites may harm my computer, as google is stating. How comes this Embarrassed? Well, I bravely entered his page and my computer didn´t get harmed, but my eyes bigtime Ick!. Sorry, Starck wasn´t for me, and this guy even more so not. At least Starck´s designs were sometimes a little funny or ironic, but this is just short-lived, posh trash.

Regards, beoberlin

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >