in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2009 7:52 PM by TWG. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2009 9:32 PM

• v800
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Burned in picture any rescue?

I just bought a beovision a while ago that was just about noticable partly burned in on the screen image. The lcd repaired itself really well since i took over the ownership and started to feed the input with different sources. 

This time I have come upon another example but now the screen is badly burned due to static usage of survelance (displaying the same picture for several years. Dark black spots are visible when switching to analog tv.

Can someone give me an advice, should I buy or is it impossible to repair itself when the burned-in spots have been there for this long?

I might have to buy some spare parts do I ? 

Thanks in advance! 

• 01-08-2009 10:50 PM In reply to

Re: Burned in picture any rescue?

This is an LCD? 

I've seen DVDs that play full white and essentially burn in a lack of burn in. I think they may only work on plasmas. Googlize it.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-09-2009 2:03 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Several years of the same imgae? I'm afraid it's very likely to be permanent damage...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-09-2009 7:42 PM In reply to

• v800
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Yes several years burn in. The picture quality is ok but on analog tv you can see some nasty burns, about 3 of them and they are like 3 x 4 cm. 

Didnt have a chance to check weather or not it was the same on dvi input. I noticed on my current that after a while of usage the spot I had on it is almost never visible but it was some weeka ago. One wonder where the magic limit goes regarding if it´s savable or not... 

• 01-09-2009 7:52 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

mmmh, perhaps it's possible that you put in a dvi signal with your computer and run some test patterns for a few hours, e.g. completely black, red, white, green, red, blue etc. colourscreens.

I don't know if it helps but it's a good start :-)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)