in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2009 5:49 PM by Pestria. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2008 5:16 AM

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Beo4 as SKY+ remote

I know the info is on the site somewhere but I will be blowed if I can find it. Need a list of the comands available once set up with STB controller.

Thanks in advance

Jonnie

• 12-30-2008 5:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beo4 as SKY+ remote

Jonnie,

I think the following is what you are looking for:-

Regards Keith....

• 12-30-2008 5:45 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Perfect Keith. Always rely on you to come up trumps, thankyou.

Jonnie

• 12-31-2008 3:28 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Hi Keith,

Just thought. What about the centre wheel functions LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN and SELECT? Also the PAUSE and PLAY buttons?

Thanks

Jonnie

• 12-31-2008 4:49 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Just one thing to add regarding Beo4 commands, many of you (if not all) may be aware that keeping 'GO' depressed for a couple of seconds switches the Sky+ box to play the last watched recorded programme from the last point watched, all without going through the planner.  
  • 12-31-2008 11:23 AM In reply to

The central buttons are all active and are used for fast forwarding and rewinding in conjunction with the GO button. Just play with it and you will find all sorts of commands! In my view, Sky+ works almost as if it were a B&O product with the Beo4 and STB-C. Also works in all the link rooms - thoroughly fantastic! The Pace version is the best - the Amstrad ticks all the time!
  • 12-31-2008 12:37 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Does anyone know the commands for a Virgin V+ box?

I have asked this on another thread but no one has replied.

Thanks 

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 12-31-2008 1:45 PM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

I would also be interested as I have just got Virgin+ box

TEL
  • 12-20-2009 12:01 PM In reply to

Peter/Anyone!

I'm having problems with a STB-C attached to Beovision 8 and (Amstrad?) Sky+ box.

The installation is new and I've already had the shop back once since the installation to get the STB-C working.  Initially there was very erratic and poor response to the Beo4.  This problem was thought to be that the IR emitter was too strong!  Indeed placing a piece of paper between the emitter and the sky IR receiver has worked very effectively in getting the system to perfectly respond to up/down arrows and the numerical part of the Beo4 keypad.

However, none of the central buttons (FF, RWD etc) appear to work.  Additionally 'Go' doesn't appear to act as 'Select', but instead goes straight to playing the last programme recorded.  I'm also unsure how to Record a programme - Record on the Beo4 doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm loathe to call the shop out again without checking I'm not being an idiot and misunderstanding how to correctly operate the system.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

AP

• 12-20-2009 1:38 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Gift [G] Re: Beo4 as SKY+ remote

Gift

• 12-20-2009 4:01 PM In reply to

Can't do better than that! Thank you! 

• 12-20-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

• 12-20-2009 4:52 PM In reply to

Thank you very much - everything I was looking for.

I've just tried it out and they work!!!

I have one last problem however - the 'Go' button on the Beo4 more often than not goes directly through to playing the last recorded programme - ie the equivalent of hitting <Go><Go>.  

Does anyone else have this problem?

It seems like the IR transmitter may yet still be too powerful - any thoughts?

AP

• 12-20-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

I do have that problem on some installs. May be the Beo4 is too sensitive, doesn't happen all the time.

• 12-20-2009 5:08 PM In reply to

• 12-20-2009 5:21 PM In reply to

Go Go is select.  Or do you mean the equivalent of hitting 'Play' then 'Select'?

• 12-20-2009 5:30 PM In reply to

Sorry re. <Go> <Go.

What I was trying to say was that hitting <go> doesn't always allow you hit any other buttons afterwards as it goes directly through to playing a recorded programme.

• 12-20-2009 5:31 PM In reply to

bnoblueboy:

I do have that problem on some installs. May be the Beo4 is too sensitive, doesn't happen all the time.

How do you get it working properly? Is it a matter of adding more of a (paper) filter to the IR blaster?

• 12-20-2009 5:36 PM In reply to

or try moving the blaster on the stb

• 12-20-2009 5:40 PM In reply to

Moving the blaster can't make a difference to your problem.

Your problem is that the PUC is outputting the 'play' command - this is what is necessary to get the screen up to show the last recorded program.

The only way a 'play' is output is if you hold Go for 2 seconds, or you press Go once and don't hit another command in the required time (around 2-3 seconds).

• 12-20-2009 5:49 PM In reply to

csmager:

Moving the blaster can't make a difference to your problem.

Your problem is that the PUC is outputting the 'play' command - this is what is necessary to get the screen up to show the last recorded program.

The only way a 'play' is output is if you hold Go for 2 seconds, or you press Go once and don't hit another command in the required time (around 2-3 seconds).

Ahhh!

I think it's most likely that I'm not hitting anything within the specified time frame and as a result going through to 'Play' by default.  I thought play was activated by holding <go> down.  It's probably all in the user manual, but as a bloke I find it impossible to read those things!!

Thanks to everyone for their input - very much appreciated.  

AP

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)