in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-26-2008 2:30 PM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2008 1:52 PM

• dls
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beolab 6000 and panasonic TV

I have been given a pair of Beolab 6000 speakers which I have attached to a Panasonic TX37LZD81 TV. I can get sound from the speakers, but I cannot adjust the loudness. What am I doing wrong? [I hope this isn't too stupid a question for you all...]

Signed:dls

• 12-26-2008 2:30 PM In reply to

Re: Beolab 6000 and panasonic TV

Hi dls,

That's not a stupid question, I get asked this regularly!  The problem is that your Panasonic TV does not alter the volume of the audio output sockets when you change the volume on the remote control.  This is common to most modern TV's.  As the TV always gives out sound at maximum volume and the Beolab speakers do not have a volume control, you need to add something between the two to let you alter the volume.

The easiest answer is to get a B&O audio system to connect the speakers to, but this may not be the cheapest option!  Otherwise, you can use a hifi pre-amplifier with a volume control and switch the speakers to "Line" mode using the switches underneath.

The third option is to use a normal hifi amplifier and then fit attenuated cables to reduce the signals back down to the correct level to go into the Beloabs.  These are available from all good B&O resellers.

Feel free to ask if you need any further assistance!

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)