in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2009 3:50 AM by MGBGTV8. 203 replies.
Page 8 of 9 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2009 7:57 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen sees FY loss on weak pre-Xmas sales

THIS SHOULD BE A DIFFERENT SUBJECT AGREED

IT STILL COMES DOWN TO PRICE THEY ARE FAR TO EXPENSIVE AT PRESENT AND CANT BE JUSTIFIED A BV7  OR 9 FOR THE PRICE OF A GOOD NEW CAR

I WORK FOR LOTS OF RICH PEOPLE IN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION OF THERE HOMES I HAVE NEVER ONCE SEEN A BO PRODUCT IN LAST 15 YEARS THEY ALWAYS EMPLOY MULTI MEDIA COMPANYS AND USE PIONEER PANASONIC

I THINK BO PRODUCTS LOOK AND ARE FANTASTIC  BUT WHATS PRICED AT 7 K SHOULD BE 4K

• 01-02-2009 8:15 AM In reply to

MGBGTV8:

THIS SHOULD BE A DIFFERENT SUBJECT AGREED

IT STILL COMES DOWN TO PRICE THEY ARE FAR TO EXPENSIVE AT PRESENT AND CANT BE JUSTIFIED A BV7  OR 9 FOR THE PRICE OF A GOOD NEW CAR

I WORK FOR LOTS OF RICH PEOPLE IN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION OF THERE HOMES I HAVE NEVER ONCE SEEN A BO PRODUCT IN LAST 15 YEARS THEY ALWAYS EMPLOY MULTI MEDIA COMPANYS AND USE PIONEER PANASONIC

I THINK BO PRODUCTS LOOK AND ARE FANTASTIC  BUT WHATS PRICED AT 7 K SHOULD BE 4K

BeoWorld Bang & Olufsen Forum - Beovision 9 is good value for money!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 01-02-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

soundproof:

These ridiculous discussions, Razlaw, are one of the reasons why I'm spending less time on BeoWorld these days. You seem on a mission to fill every thread with your point-of-view on this issue.

I'm kind of going with 355f's on this one - great that it's got the ooomph, put it in the spec's - and that doesn't make me someone who knocks B&O.

Have to confess that I am with soundproof on this one - apart from the fact that I simply tune out. We have tried getting a definitive answer to this from B&O and have failed. Doesn't make me spend less time on site but I don't think my brain is capable of receiving 24/196 question input. Smile

• 01-02-2009 1:41 PM In reply to

Peter :
    soundproof:

These ridiculous discussions, Razlaw, are one of the reasons why I'm spending less time on BeoWorld these days. You seem on a mission to fill every thread with your point-of-view on this issue.

I'm kind of going with 355f's on this one - great that it's got the ooomph, put it in the spec's - and that doesn't make me someone who knocks B&O.

Have to confess that I am with soundproof on this one - apart from the fact that I simply tune out. We have tried getting a definitive answer to this from B&O and have failed. Doesn't make me spend less time on site but I don't think my brain is capable of receiving 24/196 question input. Smile

Just wanted to point out that by my quick count, out of the 43 most recent posts in this thread on the topic of HD Audio support, only 11 of them were mine. Also, I was not the only one who was putting forth the position I take. Thank you both for singling me out for criticism. Also, if you would take a look at page 3 of this thread, you will see it was not I who interjected the topic into this thread. Somebody else did.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 01-02-2009 4:11 PM In reply to

Frankly, this conversation has gone overboard and needs to be locked.

Mods? 

• 01-02-2009 6:22 PM In reply to

Razlaw:
    Peter :
    soundproof:

Just wanted to point out that by my quick count, out of the 43 most recent posts in this thread on the topic of HD Audio support, only 11 of them were mine. Also, I was not the only one who was putting forth the position I take. Thank you both for singling me out for criticism. Also, if you would take a look at page 3 of this thread, you will see it was not I who interjected the topic into this thread. Somebody else did.

Apologies -  I wasn't meaning to single any one person out but rather a discussion that seems to go no further at each sitting. My post was badly put.

• 01-03-2009 4:59 AM In reply to

I called it a ridiculous discussion, Razlaw, because there isn't an answer - it's pointless to argue the point. As long as B&O won't give us the kind of spec's that other manufacturers freely provide, we can't really know what happens to the signal chain.
    I didn't say you "interjected" the topic, just that I'm pretty tired of reading about it in numerous threads that begin trying to deal with something else, and that somehow end up with BeoSystem 3 and 24/192. Maybe let it lie, if you come across it again?

I'd much rather talk about what an enjoyable experience it is to listen to excellent English choirs singing through my B&O (something I've done a lot during the holidays).

As to the original topic - according to reports in the Danish media, B&O sales have been abysmal during Nov/Dec, and that's not good news. Things have come to a pretty pass for our cherished brand.

• 01-03-2009 5:04 AM In reply to

soundproof:
    As to the original topic - according to reports in the Danish media, B&O sales have been abysmal during Nov/Dec, and that's not good news. Things have come to a pretty pass for our cherished brand.

Unless mega-discounts have been offered, I think pretty much all retail's had a crap November/December, really.  I'm not sure it's B&O specific.

• 01-03-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

Where have you lot all been for the last 2-3 months. Every retailers sales have been pathetic. Why do you single out B&O as having a particularly bad time?

In the US, even the car giants are being bailed out by the government as well as the banks and in the UK and the rest of Europe there are retailers going bust by the bucketload, manufacturers are on short time and the banking system is close to collapse.

There are not many organisations who are bucking that trend so why expect B&O to be able to??

Regards Graham

• 01-03-2009 5:46 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

Where have you lot all been for the last 2-3 months. Every retailers sales have been pathetic. Why do you single out B&O as having a particularly bad time?

Not in Bath they aren't. Since end of November it's been manic. I've never seen it so busy. Almost as if someone has told them the entire centre will be closed from 5th of Jan so buy now, before it all ends! John Lewis have reported that their December sales are up from the same period in 2007 (flatscreen TVs are up 100%, as an example), in today's Times.

Prey in Bath said their Q4 sales are up 20% on the same period in 2007.

Depends where you're located and where you shop.

• 01-03-2009 5:51 AM In reply to

i guess peeps are more price sensitive than before and has been mentioned £15k is a LOT of dough for a tv , no matter how good

tbh i don't think there should be as many bno shops as there are , partic. on the high street as they destroy the magic

i recall in the 70's when there were 2, maybe 3 shops in the whole of west london and seeing a bno in a shop was a big experience !

now theyre everywhere :( 

popgear is grate™

• 01-03-2009 5:57 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

i guess peeps are more price sensitive than before and has been mentioned £15k is a LOT of dough for a tv , no matter how good

And that B&O are one of the few (only?) retailers that won't offer any discount. I can walk in to a high-end jewellers and, push hard, you can secure a 20% discount, even if that's not advertised. Give yourself a £15K jewellery or watch budget and it's not hard to be able to bargain a £19K ring or special watch to fit in your budget.

Walk in to a B&O store with the same budget and they tell you their sales are great and, quite frankly, make you feel like they need your custom far less than you need their products (feels like that in the Bath store recently - sorry Alex). Go in with a £15K budget and they'll give you a brand new BV9, with no discount whatsoever, and they might throw in an hours engineering time for free. Wow.

• 01-03-2009 6:01 AM In reply to

plus the deals they do give are a bit insulting tbh

i was offered £500 for my avant against a new bv7 , but lee sells the avant for over £2k

plus their latest deal is get a free seranata , isn't that the phone they've just discontinued ?

bno's attitude really is odd and reeks of misguided arrogance , no wonder theyre in so much trouble..

popgear is grate™

• 01-03-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

I'm not singling out B&O in any manner/shape/form. B&O is - in its reports to analysts - and in analyst's reactions to same.

19/12 - B&O headed for operational deficit http://jp.dk/arkiv/?id=1548261&eceExpr=olufsen%22%20/%3E&eceArchive=o

20/12 - B&O Crisis Fast Increasing in Severity http://jp.dk/arkiv/?id=1549131&eceExpr=olufsen%22%20/%3E&eceArchive=o

(Sales dropped by 38% - but holding up in ME, Asia and former Eastern Europe.)

22/12 - Concern for B&O's Future http://jp.dk/arkiv/?id=1550429&eceExpr=olufsen%22%20/%3E&eceArchive=o

24/12 - B&O's Chairman of the Board does not agree with those claiming the company is experiencing a crisis
    http://jp.dk/arkiv/?id=1552499&eceExpr=olufsen%22%20/%3E&eceArchive=o

Worning states that he believes they'll be able to meet the projection of being in balance at the end of the FY, no loss or profit; and that the turnaround is in process, and should show results after 18 months; he denies that the company is for sale. 

• 01-03-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

Flappo the great:

Yes I agree with you, there are indeed many shops!

In Helsinki (pop 500.000) there's 2 B&O shops, on the high street of course, not even a block from each other. Three more Shop-in-shops.

The Grater Helsinki region does have about 1 million inhabitants, but still, I think it's a lot. So few buy B&O.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-03-2009 6:09 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

bno's attitude really is odd and reeks of misguided arrogance , no wonder theyre in so much trouble..

My local store has changed for sure. It's very much on a sales drive at the moment. I was doing my accounts yesterday and sorting out invoices and post from the last three months. The amount of sales literature I've received from B&O Bath is incredible. It's gone from almost nothing to telling me about the phones, BS5, the BS5 launch, free Seranta with £5K (!) spent, virtuoso card promo, min £500 trade-in for old TVs and so on. It's almost embarrassing. I've received so much stuff from them lately. More than anyone else.

Lately I've been sourcing product from, erm, alternative locations (think carefully ;) where you can get BL5's for £7K, mint. BL9's for £4K, mint. These, erm, alternative sources, are only going to improve through 2009 as more people get rid of some of their B&O kit or retail units go under and stock needs shifting.

These alternative sources are a better way of sourcing mint or near mint B&O speakers and TVs.

• 01-03-2009 6:18 AM In reply to

My Beo store is not sending me any messages of any sorts of sales...

Strange because I would be interested to know. They got my address, and my email address. So it would be great to receive some news from them. But no. 

Oh well I got one email offer, for a second pair of BL5's Big Smile 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-03-2009 7:42 AM In reply to

THEY DIDNT HAVE TO BUY THE PRODUCT

THERE A FEW GOOD REVIEWS OF BO IN THE MEDIA

• 01-03-2009 7:45 AM In reply to

OOPS I WAS REPLYING  TO WRONG THREAD

I WAS OFFERED BV7 32 WITH 1 K OFF BRAND NEW IN ANY COLOUR

• 01-03-2009 7:48 AM In reply to

DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT?!
  • 01-03-2009 8:15 AM In reply to

Flappo The Grate:

i was offered £500 for my avant against a new bv7 , but lee sells the avant for over £2k

No doubt it was a curved screen video model and he made the sale while walking on water! How do you do it, Lee?

Regards Graham

• 01-03-2009 8:40 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:
    Flappo The Grate:

No doubt it was a curved screen video model and he made the sale while walking on water! How do you do it, Lee?

I haven't sold an Avant for over 2k for about a year and a half now.. i think flappo could be a timelord! Laughing

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-03-2009 8:56 AM In reply to

9 LEE:
    joeyboygolf:
    Flappo The Grate:

I haven't sold an Avant for over 2k for about a year and a half now.. i think flappo could be a timelord! Laughing

Lee 

I certainly think he must be from another planet...........or..........

Regards Graham

• 01-03-2009 8:58 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Lee - maybe the new Dr Who announced today?

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 01-03-2009 9:54 AM In reply to

It seems as though saturation is a bigger issue in EU than over here in North America. However, we tend to open new stores before we've perfected old ones, taking key employees and stretching talent very thin. Most B&O shops here have one very talented salesperson and two or three trainees.

Goes back to my point about the biggest problems for the brand being in the shops! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 8 of 9 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >