in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2009 3:50 AM by MGBGTV8. 203 replies.
Page 7 of 9 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2008 6:00 PM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen sees FY loss on weak pre-Xmas sales

The posting guidelines say no profanity is to be used and offending posts are will be deleted. I would respectfully suggest to the moderators that the preceding post and the manner in which it uses the name of God and Christ is innapropriate and would ask that it be deleted.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-30-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

I was merely appealing to a religious deity for action to be taken, as it is becoming more and more apparent that an appeal to certain posters is going unanswered.

I'd hardly think that calling God "good," or for invoking an action from Christ is "profane."  Frankly, I didn't even say for any action to be made in the SAKE of Christ--which, I suppose, if you want to nitpick, you could misconstrue as "profane."

See profane: pro-fane:  2 : to debase by a wrong, unworthy, or vulgar use 

Nothing's being debased here, it's relatively hard to argue that anything said was particularly "vulgar," and I think that 99% of people here would consider it worthy.

But you're welcome to PM me, too, if you'd like--though something tells me you'd rather extend your conversation to public ears. 

• 12-30-2008 6:23 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw, you are a slightly bizarre person. I don't know if you intentionally intend to wind people up or use an extreme version of American irony in your posts? Explain.
  • 12-30-2008 7:32 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

I don't know what American irony is, but even I would vote for divine intervention on this thread.  Anybody's deity(s) will do. 
  • 12-30-2008 11:02 PM In reply to

Maybe somebody could go back to the topic here? FY loss on pre X-mas sales?Stick out tongue

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-31-2008 12:57 AM In reply to

american irony?

please explain! 

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-31-2008 3:16 AM In reply to

burantek:

american irony?

please explain! 

• 12-31-2008 3:25 AM In reply to

thank you soundproof... *BURP*
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 12-31-2008 11:51 AM In reply to

now razlaw should read and take note , soundproof does it with style , wit and doesn't alienate half the board in the process

happy new year !! 

popgear is grate™

• 01-01-2009 5:48 AM In reply to

We dont have to argue anymore about the sound-quality with HD-audio in beosystem 3.

But the intrerest thing is that 355f will not explane HOW he has done his tests (in detail) to get his conclusion that BS3 not fully support HD-audio with decoded PCM-sound (from a bluray-player). He just says that BS3 DOES NOT support it.

So why can you (355f) not tell us in this forum how you did your tests and how you get your conclusion about this subject? How much knowledge do you really have about this subject 355f?

/Martin

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

• 01-01-2009 9:03 AM In reply to

martin01:

We dont have to argue anymore about the sound-quality with HD-audio in beosystem 3.

But the intrerest thing is that 355f will not explane HOW he has done his tests (in detail) to get his conclusion that BS3 not fully support HD-audio with decoded PCM-sound (from a bluray-player). He just says that BS3 DOES NOT support it.

So why can you (355f) not tell us in this forum how you did your tests and how you get your conclusion about this subject? How much knowledge do you really have about this subject 355f?

/Martin

excellent point

• 01-01-2009 10:19 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

martin01:

/Martin

No, stop. Let's not bother. Move on.

• 01-01-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

martin01:

/Martin

Already explained in detail on the previous thread time and time again- im not going over it again and again so that Razlaw and trip can rubbish it all over again- its pointless.

For those who believe they get it presently- great you should be very happy. Please ask B&O to re write the specs for the BS3 so that they can bring it into line with every other manufacturer, clearly they like to keep the features secret.

As to my knowledge on the subject, clearly vastly inferior to yours

Happy new year

• 01-01-2009 12:07 PM In reply to

355f:
    martin01:

/Martin

Already explained in detail on the previous thread time and time again- im not going over it again and again so that Razlaw and trip can rubbish it all over again- its pointless.

For those who believe they get it presently- great you should be very happy. Please ask B&O to re write the specs for the BS3 so that they can bring it into line with every other manufacturer, clearly they like to keep the features secret.

Happy new year

Sorry, Martin as expected and  as is 335f's normal modus operandi he is incapable and unwilling to provide any info, data, or explanation for his position. This is probably due in part to the fact, as I seem to recall, he himself admitted in an earlier post of his, he has nothing good to say about B and O.  You and I and others have provided explanations as to why we believe it works and references for our view. You and I have both expressed a desire to understand it. I have even stated I would like to know if I am wrong. 355f on the other hand refuses to answer any questions put to him in an effort to more fully understand the issue and learn from his self professed expertise.

• 01-01-2009 12:10 PM In reply to

These ridiculous discussions, Razlaw, are one of the reasons why I'm spending less time on BeoWorld these days. You seem on a mission to fill every thread with your point-of-view on this issue.

I'm kind of going with 355f's on this one - great that it's got the ooomph, put it in the spec's - and that doesn't make me someone who knocks B&O.

• 01-01-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

355f:

I'd agree with Martin that this hasn't been explained.  I just read the whole of the other thread, and the total detail of the tests was effectively 'plugged in a PS3, there was no difference between DD and TrueHD.  Borrowed a new BS3 and a new PS3, was the same'.

There's nothing to write in the specs.  It's a standard part of HDMI 1.1.  I doubt any other manufacturers bothered, other than sticking labels on like '24-bit/192khz'.  From the other thread, B&O confirmed in 2 or 3 different email responses that the BS3 supports 24-bit/96khz on all channels, which is ample for most TrueHD film tracks which are merely lossless 24-bit/48kHz.

The only issue outstanding is whether the BS3 has an HDCP issues with this input stream which could downgrade it (not sure to what, as I can't really be bothered to read the spec).  If others are hearing a very marked difference between DD and TrueHD, it would seem to indicate this isn't the case on the equipment they might be using. 

As I've said before, I've got nowt to test it on.  With B&O bringing out a rumoured BS3 MkII shortly and a Blu-Ray upgrade to the BV7, here's hoping they completely clear the issue then.  Until then, I'll be holding off on buying a BS3.  As a true consensus on this is very unlikely to be reached, I'd suggest dropping it....before it gets even more tedious!

Happy New Year all.

• 01-01-2009 2:20 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

csmager:

With B&O bringing out a rumoured BS3 MkII shortly

They are? That's not true.

• 01-01-2009 2:28 PM In reply to

moxxey:
    They are? That's not true.

They'll have to at some point!  I'm only saying what I'd read in another thread.  The v5 software update included support Adaptive Sound Technology, which requires hardware that doesn't yet exist, and the poster telling us this information said the new hardware DSS modules were meant to be released November 2008.... so are late.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/165595.aspx

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/163416.aspx

• 01-01-2009 3:59 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

csmager:
    355f:

I'd agree with Martin that this hasn't been explained.  I just read the whole of the other thread, and the total detail of the tests was effectively 'plugged in a PS3, there was no difference between DD and TrueHD.  Borrowed a new BS3 and a new PS3, was the same'.

There's nothing to write in the specs.  It's a standard part of HDMI 1.1.  I doubt any other manufacturers bothered, other than sticking labels on like '24-bit/192khz'.  From the other thread, B&O confirmed in 2 or 3 different email responses that the BS3 supports 24-bit/96khz on all channels, which is ample for most TrueHD film tracks which are merely lossless 24-bit/48kHz.

The only issue outstanding is whether the BS3 has an HDCP issues with this input stream which could downgrade it (not sure to what, as I can't really be bothered to read the spec).  If others are hearing a very marked difference between DD and TrueHD, it would seem to indicate this isn't the case on the equipment they might be using. 

As I've said before, I've got nowt to test it on.  With B&O bringing out a rumoured BS3 MkII shortly and a Blu-Ray upgrade to the BV7, here's hoping they completely clear the issue then.  Until then, I'll be holding off on buying a BS3.  As a true consensus on this is very unlikely to be reached, I'd suggest dropping it....before it gets even more tedious!

Happy New Year all.

well if there is nothing to write in the specs as you put it- then why hold off buying- get it now!! as I have tried to explain it may in THEORY be a part of HDMI but reality for manufactueres is different.

• 01-01-2009 4:19 PM In reply to

Stop being facetious.  I will not buy it now for three reasons: 

1.  There are possible HDCP issues, and without being bothered to test it in detail I can't be sure it works.  HDCP is pretty much the only thing it can be that might be preventing HD Audio in your case

2.  I don't need one yet.

3.  You'd be an idiot to buy old hardware if a new release is rumoured. 

• 01-01-2009 11:43 PM In reply to

The AST, from everything I've heard, will be a software upgrade. The unit I saw being tested used an existing piece. I couldn't see which port was being used for the mic, but I was assured that it was just an upgrade to an existing piece. 

I suppose it doesn't rule out an MKII, but seems unlikely.  

PS, 355f, Even I'm not taking sides in this HD audio thing!  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-02-2009 3:38 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

csmager:

They'll have to at some point!  I'm only saying what I'd read in another thread.

No, and that's the big problem with this board - spreading rumours. The BS3 isn't getting a hardware upgrade (at least any time soon). This kind of rumour spreading is derogatory to sales as people hold off purchasing on the basis that an upgrade is 'just around the corner'.

• 01-02-2009 4:42 AM In reply to

Derogatory?!  Surely you mean detrimental....? Smile

I was only saying what I read, which appeared to be on some authority (as posts from one individual contained a lot of specific detail).  I apologise if it was incorrect, but it wasn't me making it up!

I still won't buy one, as I don't need it until I've bought quite a lot of other stuff that's higher up the list!

• 01-02-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

That's what happens when you post first thing in the morning :)

Back at work today, officially, but getting work done isn't proving easy..

• 01-02-2009 7:19 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Can we please get back on the original topic - this conversation is frankly ridiculous and I'm in the same boat as Soundproof - it's discussions like these that prevent me from spending more time on BeoWorld.

B&O's pre-christmas losses are IMO to be expected. They're re-aligning their portfolio behind the scenes and it's going to consume a lot of resources. This, combined with the current economic climate is evidently going to cause issues for B&O as it will for any company.

They've been in far more dire situations in the past and have pulled through it successfully.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 7 of 9 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >