in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2008 6:29 AM by tournedos. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-17-2008 6:26 PM

Avant IR Blaster cable.

Just bought an Avany 32 VCR of ebay to replace my dead LS5500 ( previous post) it has an STB which has the old firmware and will req an updated eprom.

It doesn't have an IR cable, will any IR blaster cable with a 3.5mm jack do the trick ( like this one on ebay    270319119928  )

Also by installing the IR cable will it enable to use the remote control ( with the digi boxes own remote) with the box hid behind , or is it all tied in to the STB ?

Cheers

Steve

• 12-17-2008 7:02 PM In reply to

Re: Avant IR Blaster cable.

StrangeSteve:

Also by installing the IR cable will it enable to use the remote control ( with the digi boxes own remote) with the box hid behind , or is it all tied in to the STB ?

That should be no problem unless you fix the IR blaster so that it will cover the receiver of the box entirely. You will most probably need the original remote anyway every now and then, since the STB-C is usually only able to perform the most common functions on your box.

Unfortunately I can't say if the generic blaster would work, hope someone else can answer that.

-mika

• 12-18-2008 5:35 AM In reply to

Mika,

thanks for the reply, its not expensive so i'll get it and try it anyone.

Steve

• 12-18-2008 6:29 AM In reply to

Hi Steve, I re-read your question and now think I may have misunderstood it slightly... The box will need to "see" its original remote by itself, the STB-C will not "relay" the commands from the original remote. Therefore, if you have the box completely hidden behind the Avant, you may have to stand up and get closer if the original remote isn't very powerful. On the other hand, the signal might mirror enough from the wall behind - the only way to know is to try it.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)