in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2009 5:46 PM by moxxey. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2008 3:56 PM

Masterlink gives echo with LCD-TV

A Masterlink to a Beolab2000 from a Beovison7 LCD TV in THE SAME ROOM gives an unacceptable echo.
    My dealer has explained that the audio of a LCD TV has an internal delay. This is caused due to the necessary build up of the video. The audio signal to the Masterlink does not have this delay and gives an echo to the Beolab2000 in the same room.
    In my opinion this is a not acceptable design mistaken of the LCD TV by B&O. Why is the audio signal to the Masterlink not equipped with the same delay?

The forum at www.bang-olufsen.com gives a solution: I also have echo when I played radio on both BV7 and BS9000 . However, these were adjusted by going into the service menu on BV7 and adjust the setting for sound delay. Now everything works fine. I changed the settings in the service menu, after conference with my dealer.

In the settings of the BV7 I could not found this. Have other B&O users the same problem?

Filed under:
  • 12-08-2008 5:39 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Masterlink gives echo with LCD-TV

It's a setting in the special service menu, not the main menu you see when you press MENU on your remote control. I would advise you don't poke around inside the menu - you can do a lot of expensive damage to the television just by changing the wrong setting (hence why it's called the service menu - it's meant to be handled by service engineers).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-11-2008 2:19 PM In reply to

Alex, thanks for your reply.

I have been gone to my dealer with your suggestion, but this option is only to adjust the lip-sync. Not for my problem the audio signal to the masterlink does not have the possibility to change a delay.
    In my opinion this is still a design mistaken in the beovision7-32.

Filed under:
  • 12-16-2008 2:37 PM In reply to

BeoCare gives my the next answer:

It is correct that you may experience a delay in the sound in BeoVision 7-32 compared to the sound in BeoLab 2000. This is because the handling of digital signals in the TV takes longer than the sound alone. Your dealer can help you with a change of the setup of your TV. It is correct that the setup is an adjustment of the lip-sync. However, this is the only solution we can offer you.

To be continued.

Filed under:
  • 12-16-2008 3:14 PM In reply to

If a peripheral is connected digitally, the sound will be delayed. ML is an analog system and is looking at the analog output. I've often solved this problem by running standard L&R audio out of the device as long as it outputs parallel. For example, with AppleTV, we may connect it to the BeoVision 7 with HDMI, but we also connect standard audio to keep everything in sync. Not all STBs support this parallel output, but it may help. Hope it does in your case.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-09-2009 5:44 AM In reply to

Hello sw52frans,

did you find a solution for the delay problem? I have a brand new 7-40, and the problem is the same.
    There must be a way to delay the analog signal coming out of the BeVision to the master link bus. It could not be such a problem.

I dont understand why B&O ignores this problem, I find it important.

• 02-09-2009 6:16 AM In reply to

On my BV7-32, I could access the hidden setup menu (MENU - Zero - Zero - Go) and tweak the delay for the TV.

p.

• 02-09-2009 8:29 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

On my BS3 it was the lip-sync adjust in the service menu. It caused a a noticeable delay and/or phasing when playing audio throughout the house. The BS3 electronics come preset to a delay of around 110 milliseconds (ms) to compensate for the delay in the Pixelworks video processing. I don't know if it's because of my BS3 software updates (processing the video faster or slower audio out of the new BLURAY?) But I have found that the BS3 audio delay calibration for perfect accuracy on my system was now just 4ms. I decided that setting it to zero milliseconds (0ms) was close enough in exchange for TV/Movie/Music linked throughout the house with no phasing or delay. At 20ms or more difference you are going to notice a delay if the systems are within earshot of each other.

-Michael

• 02-16-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

I have sw version 5.02a on my 7-40.

The echo is really annoying and I tried a lot of numbers. But I did not find an acceptable setup.

Is the number at Sound Delay defenately in mS?

• 02-16-2009 5:46 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I have a similar problem with my two linkroom LCD TVs. With sw 5.00, I have to have the main BV7-40 connected at the same time as the BV8-26, or the BV8-26 complains about HDCP problems.

However, this then causes other issues with sound echo. There's a slight delay between the sound from the BV7-40 and that from the BV8 in the other room. Only a slight delay, but enough to be annoying.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)