in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2008 1:18 AM by wonderfulelectric. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2008 10:55 AM

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 6 MP3 player - a look inside

We all know how Beosound 6 look outside,- its typical Bang and Olufsen

As some us know, BeoSound 6 is  based on a Samsung player called YPZ5

Therefore lets open the player, and take a rare look inside :

Go deeper inside the Samsung  player, and read  review and see more inside photos here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2006/03/samsung-ypz5-review.php
  • 11-26-2008 1:36 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 6 MP3 player - a look inside

How can something designed by Samsung, be defined as typical Beo? 

It's awful.  

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-26-2008 1:48 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

It`s not designed by Samsung but B&O! But manufactured by Samsung.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 11-26-2008 5:23 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Beofan2:

But does it really look and feel like B&O? IMO, it belongs on the "worst B&O products ever"-list.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 11-26-2008 5:50 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Honestly,- BeoSound 6 look,  feels and worked as a pure B&O

The pictures tells everything..

Read review here http://www.designscout.dk/sophisticated-sounds-from-bo/

At the time was this specific Samsung player knows for the best mp3 sound on the marked (and Samsung are still i front )

Olso notice, that the software in BeoSound 6  is  made by B&O and it  have a much smaller and more simple menu, then the original Samsung player

For normal and simple use its a great player, but today, compared to others, will a mp3 player to 50 -100$ $ could do the same or more.

But the easy daily use, B&O design, high (steel) quality and best sound - thats still pure B&O, and therefore its still a great player - olso today..

The price today is proberly to high, ask the dealer for a better price...

• 11-26-2008 5:53 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien, I don't share your opinion. The BS6 might not be a bad player, but if you compare it to other brand's products, the quality doesn't match the price, which is not normal for a B&O product.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 11-26-2008 5:58 PM In reply to

Beofan2:

I'm not so sure about that. That would have meant Beo actually designed the hardware/software/design from scratch. Not even a blind person would believe that. Samsung made it, Beo made a "prettier" case for it.

I don't think Samsung adopted a Beo idea...

It's obviously designed by Samsung, and Beo made a half-new body to it. And  then left Samsung to do the rest based on Samsungs electronically same, design-wise the same MP3 player. As seen in your link. The Samsung version is even esthetically almost identical. So no points to Beo for the design. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-26-2008 6:19 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Then you can say the same about all new BeoVison...I think the panels  come from Samsung or Pioneer and I cant see the B&O design anywhere, they just look like others flat screens.Wink
  • 11-26-2008 6:23 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Tom:
    "the quality doesn't match the price, which is not normal for a B&O product.

What is the problem with the quality? Steel, glas and buttons that works ;  You can`t put a finger on anything!

And I don't think that quality from new B&O products  match the price any more - that is history..

• 11-26-2008 9:52 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien:

Honestly,- BeoSound 6 look,  feels and worked as a pure B&O

The pictures tells everything..

Read review here http://www.designscout.dk/sophisticated-sounds-from-bo/

At the time was this specific Samsung player knows for the best mp3 sound on the marked (and Samsung are still i front )

Olso notice, that the software in BeoSound 6  is  made by B&O and it  have a much smaller and more simple menu, then the original Samsung player

For normal and simple use its a great player, but today, compared to others, will a mp3 player to 50 -100$ $ could do the same or more.

But the easy daily use, B&O design, high (steel) quality and best sound - thats still pure B&O, and therefore its still a great player - olso today..

The price today is proberly to high, ask the dealer for a better price...

I'm sorry, i don't mean to be rude, but are you delusional?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-28-2008 5:37 AM In reply to

bayerische:

It's obviously designed by Samsung, and Beo made a half-new body to it. And  then left Samsung to do the rest based on Samsungs electronically same, design-wise the same MP3 player. As seen in your link. The Samsung version is even esthetically almost identical. So no points to Beo for the design. 

Hmm, & what about this?

Hmm

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-28-2008 6:36 AM In reply to

xegoon:
    bayerische:

Hmm, & what about this?

Hmm

What about it?

-Andreas

• 11-28-2008 6:49 AM In reply to

Well, sorry for my english, nobody's perfect...

If the Samsung's YP - S2 dosen't look like the B&O's BeoSound 2, I speak english like Shakespeare Stick out tongue

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-28-2008 6:51 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

bayerische:
    xegoon:
    bayerische:

Hmm, & what about this?

Hmm

What about it?

They probably got the idea from the beosound 2.... that was what I first tought of when I saw this Samsung player...

br

CHr

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 11-28-2008 6:52 AM In reply to

xegoon:

Well, sorry for my english, nobody's perfect...

If the Samsung's YP - S2 dosen't look like the B&O's BeoSound 2, I speak english like Shakespeare Stick out tongue

Yes it looks like it, but so does a rock.

Beosound 2 is for sure a B&O designed product, it feels and looks as one, but the Beosound 6 is awful. My hate is pure for that thing Smile 

-Andreas

• 11-28-2008 7:01 AM In reply to

I've got one BS6, and I really love it. I think is 99,9 % B&O: easy to use, well made, incredible sound... Touch it porduces a "waow effect" in my friends Big Smile

Maybe expensive, but, it's B&O Stick out tongue

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-28-2008 7:09 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

I really like the simplicity of my beosound 2, just buy a stack of SD cards so the number of albums on one card is limited (you'll loose your orientation because of the lack of display). The fact that you can control it without looking at it is IMO a definite B&O touch. The beosound 6 is a nice player, but not in the same class as the beosound 2. And the fact that you can buy a pair of A8s and a samsung player for half the price also coolens my interest considerably, don't copy, INNOVATE!

br

Chr

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 11-28-2008 7:12 AM In reply to

xegoon:

Sorry to ruin your day, but it's a Samsung in Beo clothes... Big Smile

-Andreas

• 11-28-2008 7:15 AM In reply to

ChrDH:

don't copy, INNOVATE!

Exaclty, and this is what we have come to expect from Beo, that's why I get even more upset with these copied products. Imagine if Jamo made a Beolab 5 clone for 5000 euro. Beo would paint it black, put on the Aluminum discs, instead of Jamos cheapo plastics, and sell it for 17900e. I would be PISSED... Big Smile This is of course fantasy, but it's the same thing, even if it's on a larger scale.

-Andreas

• 11-28-2008 7:32 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

xegoon:

I've got one BS6, and I really love it. I think is 99,9 % B&O: easy to use, well made, incredible sound... Touch it porduces a "waow effect" in my friends Big Smile

Thanks!  at last one person that also own a BeoSound 6 and therefore can tell the truth about  the B&O feeling. I think it  could have been designed by Jacob Jensen in the good old days (its not..)

• 11-28-2008 7:40 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

ChrDH:

The beosound 6 is a nice player, but not in the same class as the beosound 2. And the fact that you can buy a pair of A8s and a samsung player for half the price also coolens my interest considerably, don't copy, INNOVATE!

Notice that the software design are not the same,- not all all .

The player itself is Samsung, but what you see on the display and menu  is real B&O, not Samsung or anything else. 

I love mine,- much more then BS2, that I olso own. They are absolutely in same high class and ind same quality (same polish steel and with same buttons) and its clearly to see that they come from the same family. I

• 11-28-2008 12:25 PM In reply to

Although I'm not a fan of rebadged products, and tested both BS6 and Serenata before buying a Serenata, you should have a look at B&O's official website: BS6 has just been voted best MP3 player ever by an independent magazine!OK, the magazine is Danish...butBig Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-28-2008 12:52 PM In reply to

Chrisreunion:
    BS6 has just been voted best MP3 player ever by an independent magazine!OK, the magazine is Danish...butBig Smile

How a magazine can vote the BS6 to be the best mp3 player in the world goes over and above my intellect... That's just plain stupid. Tested products? 

-Andreas

• 11-28-2008 11:09 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

bayerische, i agree with you 100%,

There are too many things to dislike about the BeoSound six to pay a B&o premium for it.

The 'feel' of it is too light and cheap, and the volume it's capable is odd! If you wanted to listen to classical music in a place with background noise, it would be frustrating.

The BeoSound 2 is a B&o product in the way it sounds, feels, and the way it functions. Comparing the two is like comparing chalk and cheese and it's been clearly expressed that this was not B&o's best efforts. What i'd like to know is the REAL reason they relaxed so much on the release of  a new product. 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-29-2008 2:26 AM In reply to

Beosound 6 doesn't look, feel like "actual" B&O productIndifferent I own one sometimes ago, it was simply awful. I simply can live with it anymore, so I sell it and stick with my Beosound 2 again, its simply better at any point. No matter is sound or building quality or user interface.

The stainless steel bit on the Beosound 6 is just the top and bottom frame. The whole middle part is just a block of anodized plastic in poor finishing standard. It will be fine for a normal company with normal price, but for b&o, is not.

SurpriseThe worst thing of all is you will find a "samsung" logo at the back. Just like finding a  toyota  logo in a rolls royce.

I can still live with having a samsung logo on serene and serenata, at least they both look and function like B&O style, building quality is wonderful. When people hold up serene or serenata, they will be amazed by the design, people will straight away know is form B&O. Everytime when I hand my Beosound 6 to my friends, they will just ask me whether its a new player from samsung. The first thing come up their mind is " Oh, doesnt it look like the samsung YP-Z5 player". Everything with Beosound 6 is just wrong......Sad

I am very sure that if Beosound 6 is truly design by B&O, it wouldn't came out as a design like this.Hmm

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >