in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2008 2:51 AM by tabbert1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2008 12:44 PM

bang and olufson avant approx 10 years old

hi i have recently treated myself to a second hand bang and olufson avant approx 10 years old, i am very pleased with the picture and the sound but my last tv had dolby pro logic surround sound and i put all the speaker wires behind the skirting boards, although my front speakers are bang and olufson all four are passive speakers as far as i have found out my tv is fitted with a surround sound processor and i would love to be able to connect to it ,as far as i can see i need an adapter/amplifier that will take powerlink cables on the input from the tv and passive wire connections on the output to the speakers does anyone know if this can be done. i would be very grateful for any help or information thanking you in anticipation. mike
    Filed under:
  • 11-19-2008 2:20 PM In reply to

Re: bang and olufson avant approx 10 years old

You need a couple of MCL2P amplifiers. One for the fronts and one for the backs. Connect to the Avant with a pair of fully wired powerlink cables and connect your passives to the outputs.

Regards Graham

• 11-20-2008 2:51 AM In reply to

Re: bang and olufson avant approx 10 years old

Nice one thanks very much for that joey.  mike.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)