in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-12-2008 8:05 PM by geearr. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2008 11:34 PM

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Beocord 9000 fast forward

Hi everyone 

This is the only remaining function that I need to fix to get this machine back to full working condition.  So far, I have dismantled the deck three times looking for possible faults but still, nothing shows up.

This is definitely a problem with the deck as I have swapped decks between machines.  The same thing happens in the two machines showing that all of the other electronics are OK.

The deck works fine with play and rewind, so both solenoids seem to be working OK and the motor is behaving properly.  Both belts are new.  In play, the right spool behaves normal and moves slowly in the forward direction.  The sound is first class, no wow or stuttering. 

When I switch to fast forward, nothing happens at all, just a few clicks and clacks before the unit times out.  During this time, the right spool shows no sign of wanting to move even one millimetre so there is no visible evidence of a slipping problem.

Any help on this one will be appreciated, I am sure it is something simple, somewhere???

Thanks

Geoff

• 11-11-2008 2:12 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocord 9000 fast forward

Lubrication is my guess.

Check that all joints, pivots, arms and levers operate as they should when you manually activate the solenoids, you can compare to the other deck. 

Martin

• 11-11-2008 5:25 AM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Spot on Martin.... I took it apart for the fourth time (don't know how many more pulls on those terminal blocks I will get) and had a good look at the freedom of movement rather than just the movement itself.  The small jockey wheel seemed to be moving a bit too slow when released and obviously didn't quite make its final position before timing out.  The grease on the spindle was a bit caked and after cleaning moves much more freely.  Problem solved, fast forward working, calibrations working and my spare BC9000 is now in full working order.

Thanks for the clues and the advice.

Regards

Geoff

• 11-11-2008 5:25 PM In reply to

I got a Beocord 6000 which has the actual same problem and a bad right channel when doing a playback.

The belts are new. Every wheel is moving freely and there is no signs of grease anywhere on them. I mean those the belts are connected too.

Do I need to take it further apart? Or what can I do?

• 11-11-2008 10:44 PM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Hi Friedmett

If you are saying that your machine is unable to FastForward and yet the motor and the two pulley belts are running OK, then there is a good chance that you have the same problem as I did.  To fix it is fairly easy, especially if you have done a belt change before.  I am not sure how different the 6000 drive is but on my machine, all I had to do was remove the two bottom cover plates and lift the flywheel out.  This provides you with direct access to the arm that drives the jockey wheel.  Remove the circlip and spring and take the arm off and clean it.  You will notice a big difference in the ease of movement when it is cleaned properly.

The photo attached clearly shows the spring, circlip and arm in the centre to lower left area.

Not sure how the bad right channel fits in though?? 

If you need any further information, pse ask

Geoff

• 11-12-2008 10:33 AM In reply to

Thank you for the picture and instructions on what actually I should do.

I need the special tool for the circlip though but I have taken the whole section from my Beocord 8000 which is identical and it moves forward but not very fast. The belts were changed same time as the Beocord 6000.

The bad right channel playback I don't know about. It has been reduced to a loud light feedback with the music under neath if I turn up the volume and balance the speakers so I can single it out.

What do I need to check? What tools do I use to measure with?

• 11-12-2008 8:05 PM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

To remove the circlip is fairly straightforward,  find a screwdriver that will just fit in one of the two holes, wrap your fingers around the clip to stop it flying everywhere and give it a sharp turn until it releases.  Don't let it go until it is definitely off otherwise you can spend a few hours looking for it.

At the moment I have no ideas on the cause of the faulty channel playback.  I will have to think about that one.

Geoff

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)