in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-17-2008 6:03 PM by JBThompsonII. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2008 9:36 AM

Complete Beomaster 8000 System for sale

This Beomaster 8000 System consists of the following components:  the Beomaster 8000 receiver, the Beogram 8000 turntable with MMC 20 CL cartridge, the Beocord 8000 cassette player/recorder, the Beolab terminal 8000 remote,  two Beovox MS150 speakers and the SC80 rosewood cabinet.  The system is in pristine condition with all parts working.   The foam on all the speakers was replaced 4 years ago.  The only things missing are two of the smallest edge trims on one of the speaker's six grill covers and one of the speaker's six grill covers is missing one of four attachment prongs (it has been broken off and lost).  Pickup in Tulsa, OK, would be preferred.

John B Thompson
    Filed under:
  • 11-13-2008 5:09 PM In reply to

Re: Complete Beomaster 8000 System for sale

Just realized I never gave a price.  I am looking for $1,800 plus, if I do have to ship it, the actual cost of shipping materials and shipping charges.  It is a great looking and sounding system.  I got it from a close friend who decided to sell all, pare down to no more than what fits in a suitcase and become an organic gardner.  I was most interested in his 1,200 album LP collection and really have no place for the Beomaster. 

John B Thompson
    Filed under:
  • 11-13-2008 6:38 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Wrong side of the Atalantic!

Mind you the way the pound is falling against the dollar I am not sure I coudl afford it anyway!!

• 11-14-2008 1:05 AM In reply to

Mine is actually for sale over here!! BG8002 and BC9000 but otherwise the same!
  • 11-14-2008 2:59 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

JBThompsonII:

This Beomaster 8000 System consists of the following components:  the Beomaster 8000 receiver, the Beogram 8000 turntable with MMC 20 CL cartridge, the Beocord 8000 cassette player/recorder, the Beolab terminal 8000 remote,  two Beovox MS150 speakers and the SC80 rosewood cabinet.  The system is in pristine condition with all parts working.   The foam on all the speakers was replaced 4 years ago.  The only things missing are two of the smallest edge trims on one of the speaker's six grill covers and one of the speaker's six grill covers is missing one of four attachment prongs (it has been broken off and lost).  Pickup in Tulsa, OK, would be preferred.

Sounds lovely but I'm 24 Hours from you.

Laughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-19-2008 8:42 AM In reply to

I am lowering the asking price to $1600.  And, I would consider selling the pieces individually IF I could find buyers for all of the components.  Only then would I finalize each sell.  Let me know what you would be interested in and the price that you would pay.  Cost of shipping would be extra.  Thanks.

John B Thompson
  • 12-12-2008 2:01 PM In reply to

I have yet to get any interest in this system from a Beoworld member.  Though that there would be given the historical interest in the BM8000.  My wife is anxious for me to find a buyer.  I am lowering the price to $1500 + shipping costs and posting to ebay.  Thanks.

John B Thompson
  • 12-12-2008 3:25 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

If I could find a job in the USA I would emigrate and buy the system!   Seriously on both counts, but I fear the timescale for the former would preclude the latter.

Brian

• 12-17-2008 1:30 PM In reply to

• GNWT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hi there

I am in Canada and am interested but I need to look into shipping..any idea on the weight?

Gary

• 12-17-2008 1:32 PM In reply to

• GNWT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

I am interested..need to check on shipping to Canada,  any idea on weight when packed..do you still have the boxes?

Gary

• 12-17-2008 6:03 PM In reply to

Good news of your interest.  I do not have the original boxes.  I picked up the system locally in a U-haul van, wrapping everything in blankets for the move.  I know that the UPS store close to me has all sizes of heavy duty boxes.  If each item was individually packaged with 4 inches of bubble-wrap between the item and the side of the box, it will travel well.  That is the packing technique that Sony Repair uses.  I just had to send a 60-pound amp to them for repair that way, using the same box that they used to send it back to me.

From what my scales will tell me, the two speakers weigh in at 62 pounds each.  The total of the rest of the system is 170 pounds (80-pounds on one leg and 90-pounds on the other).  That makes for a total of 294 pounds net.   The 3 pieces of electronic would ship separately as would each of the speakers.  The wooden cabinet would ship separate from the metal frame base.  It would be packed with the two speaker stands, the speaker covers, the remote and the miscellaneous interconnects.  That makes a total of 7 boxes, two at 70 pounds each for the speakers, four at 40 pounds each for the electronics and wooden cabinet and one at 25 pounds for the 3 metal stands.  All sent from Tulsa, OK, 74105.  Check on-line with UPS or Federal Express for shipping each weight package from me to you.  That would get you pretty close to the cost.

John B Thompson
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)