in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2008 2:01 AM by Keith Saunders. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2008 10:48 PM

• ktlcom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

BeoCom 6000 ?base reset? Only 1 handset and is not registered. UNKNOWN PIN!

What can I do about this?  I noticed that behind the sticker on the bottom there is a small oval hole with two solder points.  Test posts?  Manual reset?  I noticed something similar on the handset once the battery cover is removed.  To the right there are two small holes with what looks like a place to insert probes to test with or to reset the handset with.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Revision:  Note - The pin has been changed from the default 0000.  I have tried it a few times with no success.  Also unplugged base and handset power for several hours.  Thanks again.

Filed under: ,
  • 11-06-2008 7:54 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: BeoCom 6000 ?base reset? Only 1 handset and is not registered. UNKNOWN PIN!

Hi there, and Welcome to Beoworld. Sorry it has taken so long to reply.

I think the holes you describe is to connect to a jig at your dealers for the updating of software.

Try removing your handset from the base, and any other latent handsets then re-registering them.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-07-2008 2:23 AM In reply to

• ktlcom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Andy :)

Well... the problem is that there is only one handset and it isn't registered.  This phone was given to me some time ago.  I just had the chance/interest to try using it.  I'm hoping I can do a total factory reset on it so as to be able to re-register base/handset set and be able to utilize them.  Seems to be a very interesting phone system from what I can tell.

The oval hole behind the label is right by where the wire goes into the base... just behind the system information sticker.  There are two small mounds of solder visible.  I am handy with tools so no problem to disassemble it.  :)

toast

ps... the base has a pin set other than 0000.  How  many combinations would that be? hehe.

• 11-07-2008 8:43 AM In reply to

Toast,

The two holes you are talking about are as below which also means you have a Mark I handset

As Andy has stated, this is for the Service Jig for updating the software as shown below

Assuming you know the handset is not faulty, then press DOT 70009 then Centre of the dial

Regards Keith....

• 11-07-2008 10:30 AM In reply to

• ktlcom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Yes... The two holes on the handset are for the jig.  I'm really curious about the label on the base... there is an oval hole behind the label which has two small mounds of solder.  Is this also for a "jig" haha? :) 

Things I've already done: 

I've reset the handset several times, unplugged both the power from base and battery from handset overnight tried registering it to the base several times using different common pins (of course default 0000 was first) with no success.

I need to reset the base.... how do I do this?  Is there anything on the board... contacts to reset it?

Thanks.

• 11-09-2008 9:57 PM In reply to

• ktlcom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hello again BeoWorld...

I really can't believe that they didn't incorporate a reset button in the base somewhere.  I would really appreciate some help with this.  If there is any additional information ... please.  I really need to reset the base to factory settings.  Info please.

Thank you,

ktlcom

• 11-10-2008 2:01 AM In reply to

Ktlcom,

There is no physical reset button or similar in the base of the Beocom 6000.

Your problem is not going to be to do with the pin code, but more likely is that six handsets have been previously registered to the base and not un-registered. Due to a software error, if you try and register the seventh handset you will get asked for a pin code. No matter if the pin code is correct you cannot register the handset.

If you do not have access to the handsets which were previously registered to the base so you can reset the base or un-register the handset, then you will need to get your dealer to connect the service jig to the base.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)