in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-17-2008 6:44 AM by barryrose. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2008 2:17 PM

BeoSystem 4500 & Penta Speakers

The System’s History: Original owners were my grandparents in Miami, Florida. They never used the system as they were old and the only reason they had it was because their designer put it in the house. The way the system was mounted—all the cables ran behind the wall. The power cable on the BeoMaster was cut then spliced with another cable to extend it… Upon dismantling, someone (I assume) was lazy, and instead of retrieving the BeoGram’s PowerLink cable from the wall it was cut. So the grandparents were forced to move from the house, the system was dismantled and moved to me on Saint Simons Island, Georgia. I am the idiot who broke the glass panel if you were wondering. I was carrying the BeoMaster (at this point I knew nothing of B&O) and as I was carefully moving it on its side the panel dropped out. It was one of those moments when you try to grab it mid-air but as I grabbed it, the panel hit the cement... I have been using/loving it since. It was also connected to my Mac and I became quite used to the amazing audio. About 4 months ago the capacitors blew in one of the Pentas rendering the speakers unusable. Originally I was just going to repair it, since it was a simple repair, but I soon realized that it would cost over $300 for the kit to do both speakers. Since I am just out of school & unemployed I held off on the repair. Now I am moving to Germany to work & I will need some extra cash.

It has come to this: I am selling my BeoSystem 4500. I would normally not do this, but an opportunity has come up and I am now moving to Germany. So I am selling much of the "good stuff" that I cannot take along. I live on Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States (Shipping from). I would prefer to sell all of this as one package, but I am willing to sell the BeoSystem and the Penta Speakers as two separate packages. So here it is:

BeoMaster 4500: Overall great condition and it works normally. The main issue here is that the glass control panel is broken. The PowerCord was cut and another, longer cord was connected… There are also a couple of nicks in the reflective finish. See Photos

BeoGram CD 4500: Works great; great condition cosmetically. The main issue here is that the PowerLink cable was cut, but I have repaired this with a new DIN cable and it works great. See Photo

BeoCord 4500: Works great; good condition. There is a scratch; a very small chip on the glass control panel; slight corrosion on the clip-on cable guard at top. See Photos

Penta Speakers – Type 6623: So here’s the deal… One of the Speaker columns does not function as-is. The capacitors have blown and it needs service. The other speaker column does function normally, but it is only time that it will need new capacitors as well. So both of these speakers need service. The displays work great; there are a couple minor dings and a couple slight spots on the speaker covers; the rear strip is also peeling on one—overall in great cosmetic condition. See Photos

Everything you see in the photos is included. I will take the best offer. It would be great for someone to pick up the speakers, I imagine it will cost a fortune to ship them.

You can e-mail or call me: maxmaurer@mac.com (404)374-9184

Update: Sorry I left this out: The BeoCord's PowerLink Cable is spliced like the BeoGram's Cable. All function normally. 

• 10-23-2008 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSystem 4500 & Penta Speakers

...just as i am about to purge my collection, you come along! ahhh!
    i may have an interest in the pentas -possibly the system, but unlikely.

i can have them picked up.

send me a PM w/ a value on the pentas.
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 11-03-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

If anyone is interested in the individual components of this system let me know.

MSM 

• 11-03-2008 4:28 PM In reply to

hey max,

sorry -i did not forget about you...
    i am out of the running though.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-17-2008 6:44 AM In reply to

Hi Max

I noticed you have some B&O items for sale

I have an interest in the following