in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2008 12:56 PM by cooldude. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-28-2008 8:08 PM

• dwwdww
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-19-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Silver Member

Speakers for Beosystem 5000

I'm interested in some opinions about the best B&O speakers to use with a Beosystem 5000 system recently purchased without speakers.  It's impossible to listen to all of the Beovox models that can be used with this system, but I'd be interested in whatever opinions or observations people are willing to share.  For example, which speaker models have better bass response; which speakers should be avoided; and how difficult it is to replace cones, related costs, etc.  Thanks in advance to all those who reply!
    Filed under: ,
  • 09-29-2008 2:16 PM In reply to

Re: Speakers for Beosystem 5000

Well I have a Beomaster 8000 with MS-150  and I am just in love with this speakers.

But I think you need to go for a smaller model.

But the what the best speaker is, depends on how much music you listen and what kind of space and quallity you want.

• 09-30-2008 12:56 PM In reply to

Re: Speakers for Beosystem 5000

I am currently restoring my beosystem 5000 and I trying out several speakers.

I live in a fairly small appartement so I need something rathar compact sized. The R60's I used to have did a fairly good job. Better than expected I have to say. (but they had just been restored as well). The cx100's (4pcs) I have hooked up right now seem to do a great job. I think they do a decent job for their small size and are probably best paired with the beomaster 5000.

I did have a chance to try some newly restored penta's but they seem to be too powerfull and inappropriate for the amp in this system... they sounded good though.  However they sounded even more spatial when they were wired for used their own amps.(That's what my neighbours told me.....) But again too bulky size of speakers for me and the misses made me sell them asap..... Sad

Most beovox speakers are fairly simple and easy too fix up. The cx100's are  easy and cheap to refoam. They could do with an extra boost in the bass departement but it turns out fairly ok in my space. Maybe it's the high ceilings......or the fact I'm using 4.....

The RL60.2's are another story..A little more skill needed for those. I still see them as a worthwhile speaker but it's baselevel is very position dependant but very capable of producing decent sounds (especially with new drivers!! and cross-overs) . In my opinion a very underrated speaker if , again, they are restored properly.

I totally love the penta's, but they are quite a lot of work and more costly to restore. However, they remain (even after all this time) some of the best speakers I have heard.

Regards

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)