in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-14-2008 2:38 AM by tIRED. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2008 3:58 PM

• tIRED
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Question about dual ML wall sockets?

Hello Beoworld forum!

We have ML wallsockets installed in all rooms in our house. I now wish to move stuff around abit and therefor place two ML-connected units in one room. Is there such a thing as a "dual ML-jack" for wallmounting (to replace the "single ML-jacket" already mounted in that room)? If yes, please advice on part number or where I could get one (my dealer doesn't know, just as usual)..

/tIRED (of my corrupt $100.000 setup)
  • 08-13-2008 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: Question about dual ML wall sockets?

Hi

Are the products going next to eachother? Or do you need ML running to elsewhere in the room, a distance away from the socket?

If they are close together you can splice two lengths into eachother and run them both from the same socket. If they are further apart it may be worth having your dealer put another run of cable to where you need it. If you can be more specific I may be able to help you with more detail!

Cheers

Llewelyn

• 08-13-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Can you post a pic of the dual socket?

• 08-14-2008 2:38 AM In reply to

• tIRED
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Well.. It's a rather large room and the 4-50/BS3 is in one end and the BS9000 is in the other end. The ML-socket is in the "middle". I would simply preferr to have a dual socket on the wall and then one, molded/crimped ML-cable in each direction, rather than some visible "connections" that splits up the cable coming out of the wall into two cables (which ofcourse could be done..). As with all B&O issues - it's all about esthetic.. If it's not installed properly (with cables hidden in the walls etc.) half the point with B&O goes missing in my (humble) oppinion...
    /tIRED (of my corrupt $100.000 setup)
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)