in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-13-2007 11:05 AM by Kevin. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2007 11:09 AM

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Link rooms

Hi all,

well I've two link rooms setup now (audio only).

I don't seem to find any details on using the BL1000's in link rooms.

Specificaly if I have the radio on in the main room and then switch it on in the link room and change the volume from there the volume also changes in the main room. I understood (wrongly?) that the volume control was independant. Also if switching off in the link the room the system switches off in the main room too. The PCG says both link rooms should be set to 2.6.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

cheers,

Kevin 

• 05-11-2007 11:38 AM In reply to

Re: Link rooms

What sort of linked? MCL or ML? Active or Passive speakers?
  • 05-11-2007 11:40 AM In reply to

I think, it depends on what system you have. I got an old MCL2-System, so I can only speak for this system:

If you use MCL2A-boxes (with passive speakers) the volume of the main room and the link room will always be the same, so there's no independence. If you use MCL2AV-boxes with active speakers instead, you will have independent volume control to some extent: You can control the volume independently but if the difference of the volumes is higher than a certain amount (don't know how much) the other rooms will adjust their volume level to that room.

Hope this helps.

Lars

• 05-11-2007 11:41 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Hi Peter,

MCL with passive speakers. I've used MCL2A's.

• 05-11-2007 11:43 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

TheBogusMan:
    I think, it depends on what system you have. I got an old MCL2-System, so I can only speak for this system: If you use MCL2A-boxes (with passive speakers) the volume of the main room and the link room will always be the same, so there's no independence. If you use MCL2AV-boxes with active speakers instead, you will have independent volume control to some extent: You can control the volume independently but if the difference of the volumes is higher than a certain amount (don't know how much) the other rooms will adjust their volume level to that room. Hope this helps. Lars

It does, thank youYes

Are you able switch off the link room without shutting down the whole system though? 

• 05-11-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

Kevin:

Are you able switch off the link room without shutting down the whole system though? 

Yes, just press "Mute" on the Beolink or the transceiver. This will set the link room to stand-by. The construction of the MCL2-system is quite simple (but very clever), it's basically just an extension of the "Speaker 2" socket with some extra wires for the data transmission. So the Beomaster sends the music you play in the main room through all the link rooms and every MCL2A just has it's own mute relay, so that you can switch the music on and off in every room.

• 05-11-2007 11:51 AM In reply to

MCL2As do not have independent volume control. You need active speakers and MCL2AVs for that. You should be able to just switch off a link room by a short press of the Stand By button. A long press turns off the whole system.
  • 05-11-2007 11:52 AM In reply to

I'll have to scan the MCL2 handbook - the PC crashed last time but I will have another go! I'll try this week-end! Invaluable!
  • 05-11-2007 11:53 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Great stuff thanks for both your answers!

Off to play,

cheers,

Kevin 

• 05-12-2007 7:25 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Works great!

Any other tips for using link rooms in this setup?

What does the timer button do?

cheers,

Kevin 

• 05-12-2007 7:37 AM In reply to

If you press it, the light either lights up or goes off. When on, the link room turns on with the timer in the main system. If off, it doesn't!
  • 05-12-2007 7:39 AM In reply to

The user guide in German is on site! I'll put on an English one as well! Music systems/Beolink Products/MCL X-tra Speaker Kit. Can't find the English one! Will have to have a hunt around!
  • 05-12-2007 7:43 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Thanks PeterYes
  • 05-13-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Excellent manuals Peter!

As a result my MCP5500 is now in the bedroom because it means I have two communications in the link room! No guessing what frequency the radio is onCool 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)