in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2008 4:37 AM by uffis. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2008 10:46 AM

• uffis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beovision LX 5500 does not respond to remote

Hi all,

My old Beovision LX5500 does not respond to any commands from the remote control (Beolink 1000 Mk 3). The remote seems to be working fine with a Beosound so I suppose the remote is not the problem here. Details and background information follow. I apologize for them being a bit long-ish.

The TV had not been used for about 3-5 years because of this very same infrared reception problem. The TV was resting on a drawer in a corner. Because a storm broke my newer TV, I thought I would try again this old one and see if it worked. So I moved it from the drawer to the floor. I could not get it to work. So I moved it back on the drawer and decided to try it again the next day. It then started working but only worked for one morning and one evening. All this happened about a month ago.

When it did start to work, the buttons on the remote control had to be pressed long and hard before anything happened. After maybe 5 minutes, the remote and the TV worked together as usual. Now the TV is back to "silent mode" and not working even if I have tried it a couple of times.

Did all that lifting around made some connections connect better or was it because of something else? I do not know but would like to find out. I have downloaded the service manual from the BeoCollectors.com site.

Has someone else encountered this same problem? How did you resolve it? Where (and how) to begin finding the broken component or soldering (probably somewhere in the IR module)?

I have no specific electronics background so any help is greatly appreciated.

- uffis

• 08-01-2008 12:32 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Beovision LX 5500 does not respond to remote

Hello, and welcome to Beoworld. We had a similar problem with an MX2000. That was down to a dry joint on the small PCB that has the I.R. reciever on it. If you gave the plastic cover over it a slight tap it would work for a while then stop again.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-01-2008 1:25 PM In reply to

I can supply you a replacement pcb free of charge if you send me a stamp addressed envelope.

Neil

• 08-01-2008 3:04 PM In reply to

When I got mine in 2006 it had the same problem. As it came from an Lauritz.com auction I could not complain and I managed to find the fault.

I got it plugged in and pushed the remote. Nothing at all. Tried the remote on the L2800 which the LX should replace and again nothing. I did not know how to switch on with mk3 Beolink so I looked at the batteries. 3 new fully loaded Duracells. The second thing I tried was the manual powerbutton and the stepbutton which turned it on and changing the channels.

After that down to the B&O dealer with the Beolink who changed the printboard and batteries. It still works great today and so those the LX.

So a dead Beolink was properly the reason for getting rid of my LX.

• 08-05-2008 4:37 AM In reply to

• uffis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi, and thanks for the quick replies.

I thought it might have something to do with the IR receiver. I will see if I can find the cause of the problem.

Nobby, thanks for the offer. I will be in contact.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)