in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 3:02 AM by elephant. 1,647 replies.
Page 52 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2011 7:47 AM In reply to

Re: What's playing RIGHT NOW?

Another recent discovery is Adele's song - Rolling in the Deep - great song

• 02-27-2011 12:00 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Music Soundtrack from the film MORE  by of course???

OK then Pink Floyd from the late '60's/early 70's if my memory is anywhere near accurate!

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 02-28-2011 2:56 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Beology:

Even better is Adele singing "Someone like You"! She sung it live at the Brit awards and as a result (as well as many folk breaking down in tears) it shot straight to the top of the UK charts, along with "Rolling in the Deep" also in the top 5. Adele's version of Bob Dylan's "Make you Feel my Love" also reappeared in the top 40. The live version is a stunning performance without any "showbiz" - just her and a piano.

Here album "21" went to number 1 and her previous album "19" into the top 5.

Quite an achievement - apparently the first time since the Beatles!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-28-2011 8:54 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Having a good time listening to Mumford & Sons, but not on any Beo [:'(]

Evan

• 03-01-2011 6:18 AM In reply to

Puncher:

Beology:

Even better is Adele singing "Someone like You"! She sung it live at the Brit awards and as a result (as well as many folk breaking down in tears) it shot straight to the top of the UK charts, along with "Rolling in the Deep" also in the top 5. Adele's version of Bob Dylan's "Make you Feel my Love" also reappeared in the top 40. The live version is a stunning performance without any "showbiz" - just her and a piano.

Yes Puncher. Saw that on TV a few nights ago (Brit Awards)... Adele is an amazing artist. I only caught the tail end of the performance on TV so I am pleased you sent that link.

Love those performers that can really carry it off live. On a totally different tack .... I saw Coldplay here in Melbourne a while back without having heard their latest album (Viva) before going, and they were fantastic live. I got their album after the concert and I thought it was good but they were just sooo much better live.... So many artists are disappointing live... it really separates the men/women from the kids.

• 03-02-2011 6:52 AM In reply to

Got a you tube playlist on the go...sounding fine through LAb 4000 / lab 6000 / Lab2000 all round the house.

Superb artists deserve Beolabs, nothing less !!

I need a fix of Rory GAllagher now and then....one of the true greats.  Music for the soul, imo.  Feeling quite ill at the moments, so this is just the job.

• 03-02-2011 11:43 PM In reply to

Just connected an old Philips DVP 533K to my BM 2400 tape plug, listening to Blondie, greatest hits, I love women that rocks, so now I can play my favorites that I dont have on vinyl.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 03-03-2011 8:18 PM In reply to

Jeff Beck and the Big town Playboys itunes on the Beocenter 7700

• 03-03-2011 9:51 PM In reply to

Next week Saturday I will have a Rock and roll party celebrating my birthday, I was digging through my 300 CDs, picking out Rock and Roll, and of course I had to pre hear, starting with Chuck Berry as a very dignified grandfather of this wonderful kind of music.

I'm sorry I dont have all this on vinyl LPs, but it will be a lot work changing 45s throughout the party, of course I will play all my vinyl Lps so people can hear what they are missing going away from that old good B&O and vinyl sound.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 03-04-2011 8:58 PM In reply to

Just connected 2 Pure Acustic speakers rated 140 W to the 2nd speaker out on my Bm 2400, playing Elvis, 2nd to none CD, and now Cliff and the Shadows, but after listening to the Pure Acu.s USD 120.00, I must say that I prefere my S45s, these gives a much fuller sound and better bass, the Pure Acus are good in middle tones but thats it. So, my S45s cost me about USD 95.00 bought on Ebay, shipping surrounds and 2 caps a little work and done, cheaper, better and the fun of making it yourself, Cant wait to hear the 3702s, and the BV 3000 panels I bought from Jeff, when I get them down from Texas.

Going to play a lot of rock on next SaturdayBig Smile

• 03-05-2011 12:00 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Beology:

Puncher:

Beology:

Yes Puncher. Saw that on TV a few nights ago (Brit Awards)... Adele is an amazing artist. I only caught the tail end of the performance on TV so I am pleased you sent that link.

Love those performers that can really carry it off live. On a totally different tack .... I saw Coldplay here in Melbourne a while back without having heard their latest album (Viva) before going, and they were fantastic live. I got their album after the concert and I thought it was good but they were just sooo much better live.... So many artists are disappointing live... it really separates the men/women from the kids. 

I heard the last half of Adele's live Brit awards "Someone Like You" on Radio 1 over my XM yesterday. Wonderful performance! I am downloading some of her stuff now!

I really enjoy watching concerts on DVD. If it made it on to a DVD then it has to be good! (at least usually...) My favorites are Jaszon Mraz - Beautiful Mess Live On Earth and John Mayer - Where the Light Is. Dave Matthews - Central Park concert is exceptional too.

There is a channel in my cable service called Palladia HD which plays nothing but live music and HD videos in between. It is like the greatest thing ever...

Evan

• 03-05-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

So whats playing you ask?

Adele!

| This post As-Seen on Eugene's TV! |

Evan

• 03-05-2011 1:47 PM In reply to

Yes Adele is quite the lovely artist. certainly better than the skanked out crackhead of the same genre. Dont really know which of her LP's I like better 19 or 21. Both are easy on the ears.

But for my particular tastes nothing tops the pipes and sultry singing style of this Aussie songwriter babe !!

But since we are talking new music I am currently listening to the new release "Black Sands" by Bonobo

• 03-05-2011 4:18 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Sia is wonderful!!

I discovered her from a Lincoln commercial where she was singing her remake of Under The Milky Way. My favorite of her's so far.

Her new song I'm In Here is great also. But since VH1 insists on playing it 3 sometimes 4 times during the course of my morning routine, I downloaded the Piano/Vocal only version, just to get a different sound and still enjoy her work.

Evan

• 03-05-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Oh, Mr. Beology,

If you are really into the super-talented, I recommend to you Florence + The Machine. This is something I've exhausted here on the forums but it has to be said again. She is one of those greats, one that can do an equally amazing job live.

Yes -  thumbs up

Evan

• 03-07-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

Rainbow Finyl Vinyl on the BG6500

I love Ritchie Blackmore!Cool

• 03-08-2011 3:13 AM In reply to

Evan:

Oh, Mr. Beology,

If you are really into the super-talented, I recommend to you Florence + The Machine. This is something I've exhausted here on the forums but it has to be said again. She is one of those greats, one that can do an equally amazing job live.

Yes -  thumbs up

Thanks for the recommendation Evan!

• 03-11-2011 1:27 PM In reply to

I just got the first album by Budgie recorded in 1971.

Just love it despite not knowing all the songs.

Currently playing it on the BG6500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H6GSYOByZs&feature=related

• 03-13-2011 12:24 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Relics  --  Pink FFloyd circa 1971 on bg3500 to bs4 and bl4000

hey ho mispent youth!

salut et bon dimanche

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 03-18-2011 5:27 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Beatles Number 1's compliation on System 3300 & CX100's - really nice combination. The CX's compliment the Bm3300 really well, & the CD3300 is reading this CD-R with no problems at all.

Astounding the journey this album takes you on - from the ridiculous Yellow Submarine to the sublime ... well... any of the other 28 tracks.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-18-2011 5:33 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

stotty1111:

Relics  --  Pink FFloyd circa 1971 on bg3500 to bs4 and bl4000

hey ho mispent youth!

salut et bon dimanche

tony

Love that album Tony....

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-18-2011 7:59 PM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Beatles Number 1's compliation on System 3300 & CX100's - really nice combination. The CX's compliment the Bm3300 really well, & the CD3300 is reading this CD-R with no problems at all.

Astounding the journey this album takes you on - from the ridiculous Yellow Submarine to the sublime ... well... any of the other 28 tracks.

Chris.

I like the 3300 system, really one of the better of the flats as far as sound goes. I even got used to its "odd" looks after awhile. I will most likely keep mine as part of my collection.

But today I am listening to CD's on my rebuilt 5000 system. This set was dolled up with audiograde grade cap sets. I like the results.

• 03-18-2011 8:18 PM In reply to

Eugene my dear girl, which audiograde caps do you use and where do you get them, I see a S45 two way in the pic, Q. the lower fret is upside down or ?, like this you can see the top of the driver, if turned around you can hardly see the BO 45 script, so to start a long discution, what is the right way ? I also see a mac mini, how do you like that one, its easy to hide and it has in the right size good critics, I use myself an E-maschines small form factor but it is too big to hide.

I'm not a Beatles fan but they did make some good music.

Eugene:

Medogsfat:

Chris.

I like the 3300 system, really one of the better of the flats as far as sound goes. I even got used to its "odd" looks after awhile. I will most likely keep mine as part of my collection.

But today I am listening to CD's on my rebuilt 5000 system. This set was dolled up with audiograde grade cap sets. I like the results.

• 03-18-2011 8:47 PM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Eugene my dear girl, which audiograde caps do you use and where do you get them, I see a S45 two way in the pic, Q. the lower fret is upside down or ?, like this you can see the top of the driver, if turned around you can hardly see the BO 45 script, so to start a long discution, what is the right way ? I also see a mac mini, how do you like that one, its easy to hide and it has in the right size good critics, I use myself an E-maschines small form factor but it is too big to hide.

I'm not a Beatles fan but they did make some good music.

Eugene:

Medogsfat:

Chris.

As far as the "frets" go on the Revised Uniphase sets the only way of placement that matters is the one that I like the best. Does it really matter if it is right side up or down ? Yes I prefer the lettering to clearly show. Sitting on the couch you dont see the driver peeking thru BTW.

S=50's not S=45's Soren is what you see. I like them. fairly simple with a good bit of bass. Definately a "rock n roll speaker". Not B&O's best but not the worst either.

As for the capacitors, I used Nichicon KW Nichicon Muse (bipolars) Elna (R2A ROB ?) where used in the preamps, , decoders and servos and tuners, basically anything in the audio signal path. As for the power supply, display, microcomputers and IR boards a combination of Fujicon RK/TM, Nichicon FW. UWE UVR. In the case of power supply I used high temp caps whenever possible.

All of the Nichicons where purchased from Mouser, the Fujicons from an eBay store in Romainia, and the Elnas from an eBay stoe in California.

• 03-18-2011 9:17 PM In reply to

Thank you Eugene, S50s are a little bigger in box volume, the woofer is 1 Cm bigger than S 45, and maybe the crossover is different, I wonder why they have a better bass.

I'm impressed of your sortment of audio caps, when I get a little more experience I'm going to try that

You recommended me a powerbridge for my BM 2400 (home made) thats a hit, never gets hot even at nearly full power on 4 speakers.

Well its not for this thread. I'm listening to World Star Festival from the 70s lot of good music on that one, but it has been through some hard times and have some deep scars, so to care for my SMMC4 I have to sit beside it and help a little.

Page 52 of 66 (1648 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last »