in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-23-2008 4:41 AM by deaddruid. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2008 11:36 AM

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Avant VCR circuit board compatability - Curved vs Real Flat

Is it true that, on the 32" Avant VCRs, the only (electronic) difference between the curved and Real Flat variants is the East-West board? In other words, the CRTs have the same pin-outs, and the only difference is in the board which deals with the geometry issues.

Or to put it another way, could I swap the electronics from a Curved Avant into a Real Flat, retaining only the Real Flat East-West board?

Thank you,

Mark
    Filed under: ,
  • 07-22-2008 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: Avant VCR circuit board compatability - Curved vs Real Flat

There is no separate 'east-west' board in the avant, apart from that: i've heard that the newer generation avants (=RF) has boards with 'addresses', unique for that avant and could only be dealer-changed (however, it does sound a bit like sci-fi to me).

On the other hand, knowing B&O, it wouldn't surprise me that, apart from the deflection board, most boards are alike and maybe interchangeable :).

Why the question ??, because if you have both you can compare the boards ?? :)

Sorry for not having an answer yet, will try to stick me nose into an RF when i get the chance (but you don't find these broken thus cheap around really.....apart from the tube in the curved avants i rarely see other problems with avants). 

• 07-23-2008 4:41 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Re: Avant VCR circuit board compatability - Curved vs Real Flat

The reason for the question is that I have a curved screen Avant with a bad tube, and have been offered a flat screen Avant with good tube but bad electronics. I've been trying to decide whether to buy a new CRT for the curved Avant, or buy the RF and make one good TV out of two bad ones.

Mark 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)