in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2008 8:48 PM by alexdobbie. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2008 7:56 PM

iPhone remote app

I just installed the new iPhone "remote" application that became available today. Phenomenal! It uses wi-fi to access and control the music library from iTunes. It even automatically shows all the cover art in the list of albums, and you can easily scroll through the list by flicking your finger. This works perfectly with n.music. I feel so foolish to have spent so many countless hours programming a limited number of albums/artists with cover art into my Beo5. This is what the Beo5 should be!!
  • 07-10-2008 10:24 PM In reply to

Re: iPhone remote app

moreover... the application is for free!
  • 07-11-2008 1:30 AM In reply to

beojeff:
    I just installed the new iPhone "remote" application that became available today. Phenomenal! It uses wi-fi to access and control the music library from iTunes. It even automatically shows all the cover art in the list of albums, and you can easily scroll through the list by flicking your finger. This works perfectly with n.music. I feel so foolish to have spent so many countless hours programming a limited number of albums/artists with cover art into my Beo5. This is what the Beo5 should be!!

I am also using the iPhone remote application to control Apple TV.  It works flawlessly.  It took about 5 mins to download and setup.  Maybe some clever person will do a Beo5 application for the iPhone! 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 07-11-2008 4:59 AM In reply to

Where abouts is it on the apple website ?
  • 07-11-2008 7:53 AM In reply to

It's in the new "applications" section of the iTunes Music Store. 

How brilliant to use wi-fi as the solution for 2-way remote communication. I wish B&O had incorporated something similar into the Beo5. 

• 07-11-2008 6:09 PM In reply to

It seems that the the moderators moved this thread from the Beo5 forum. I initiated this thread intentionally in the Beo5 forum to generate discussion about the Beo5.
  • 07-13-2008 2:56 PM In reply to

Yes - as per my more recent response.

app remote is GREAT!

how do you have it working with n.music?

I have AE plugged into my Aux 

I initially posted this in the main forum since I thought a general discussion would be better, but it was moved here - to a place where the true believers already live. 

• 07-13-2008 5:55 PM In reply to

Hi,

Does anybody knows if this app also works on an Ipod Touch?

Kind regards

Joost 

• 07-13-2008 6:42 PM In reply to

Hi Joost

Yes, it works just the same.  I've just bought an 8GB iPod touch, just to use as a remote :) 

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 07-14-2008 4:38 AM In reply to

• francis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Münster, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Works great on my 16 GB Touch. Defintly better than Remote Buddy to control iTunes (Remote Buddy is however still more versatile since you may control other apps on your Mac as well)

Someone in this thread mentioned it is for free. That's true but you have to buy the upgrade to 2.0 software firstly to be able to install any apps on an iPod / Iphone.

Francis

|BV 7-32|BL 7-1|Ouverture|BL Penta|BL 6000|BL 2000|Beocom 6000|Beotalk 1200|MX 4000|Beoport|Beo4|Beo5|A8|A9|

• 07-14-2008 6:39 PM In reply to

You'd need a beoport for it to work with n.music. Via the beoport, you now have great control anywhere in the masterlink system. Just press "n.music" on your beo4/beo5. After that, you can select your artist, album, etc. easily via the iPhone.
  • 07-14-2008 6:40 PM In reply to

Apple is charging a small fee to update the iPod Touch. However, the update is free for the iPhone.
  • 07-15-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

Hi,

Thanks for the info.  Now, lets look for a second hand ipod touch...Big Smile

kind regards
    Joost

• 07-16-2008 8:06 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Hi,

Whats your setup beojeff?

I have the remot app in my iphone and controll the itunes in my mac and appletv,

and controll my n.music with BM1. 

How can you remote your n.music with iphone? 

Can you do it with bs9000 insted of beoport?

Sorry, many questions...... 

BV10

• 07-18-2008 8:48 AM In reply to

I have a BeoCenter 2 as my audio master and a beoport connected to my iMac. You would need a n.music-capable audio master (which the Beosound 9000 is) and a beoport in order to use n.music. I can push "n.music" on my beo4/beo5 to select the iMac as the audio source. Then, I can have perfect control with the iPhone.

You could achieve a very similar result by connecting an aiport express to the a.aux input of your Beosound 9000. In that case, you would press "a.aux" on your beo4/beo5 and then control the music with your iPhone.

The advantage that the n.music has is that you can also control iTunes with the beo4/beo5. This really has been quite impractical, though, because you have to remember what numeric value is assigned to each song/artist/album. This is where the iPhone is so much more practical.

• 07-18-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

Hebo,

I just re-read your post and noticed that you are using a BM1 for n.music. Since n.music in this case is controlling the BM1 rather than the mac, you won't be able to use the iPhone to control n.music. Still, you have that great visual interface of the BM1! It sounds like you could have the best of both worlds by using the beo4/beo5 with the visual interface of the BM1 and connect an airport express to the a.aux input of the BS9000 to control iTunes on your computer with the iPhone. That way, you have two great methods for controlling your music: the beo4/beo5 with the BM1 if you're in front of the tv -- or the iPhone via a.aux if you don't have the tv on. 

• 07-23-2008 8:22 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

beojeff:

Hebo,

I just re-read your post and noticed that you are using a BM1 for n.music. Since n.music in this case is controlling the BM1 rather than the mac, you won't be able to use the iPhone to control n.music. Still, you have that great visual interface of the BM1! It sounds like you could have the best of both worlds by using the beo4/beo5 with the visual interface of the BM1 and connect an airport express to the a.aux input of the BS9000 to control iTunes on your computer with the iPhone. That way, you have two great methods for controlling your music: the beo4/beo5 with the BM1 if you're in front of the tv -- or the iPhone via a.aux if you don't have the tv on. 

Thanx beojeff, 

You quite right I have two ways of controlling my music. AND I just downloaded iTunes to the BM1 and it works very good too. 

BV10

• 07-24-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I recently purchased a new mac mini and apple tv for my home.  I have iTunes and Beoport connected to the Mini and the apple tv connected or wifi; anyone know why the remote app on iTouch/iPhone will not find my library?  It works perfectly at the office, just won't find the library at home?

Will the remote work when I also have the apple tv connected?

Thanks

MJM 

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 07-24-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

Is your library in the right place in your User folder on the mini?

My Touch and iPhone find both the Library in AppleTV and the Mini without any problems. Both are on the same WiFi.

Sure the iPhone is on the right network? You might want to reconfigure the network from the start, at any rate.

• 07-24-2008 8:48 PM In reply to

mjmedlo:

I recently purchased a new mac mini and apple tv for my home.  I have iTunes and Beoport connected to the Mini and the apple tv connected or wifi; anyone know why the remote app on iTouch/iPhone will not find my library?  It works perfectly at the office, just won't find the library at home?

Will the remote work when I also have the apple tv connected?

Thanks

MJM 

This may help,  

Turn on Wifi in settings and connect to your home network in the iTouch or iPhone.

Try it again. ( I hope that I haven't offended you with what you may think are really simple things but i don't know your level of knowledge on the mac) If that hasn't worked and and you were offended by it then get ready to enraged ! 

Go to system preferences on the mac mini ( the wee cog in a box in the dock or the menu item in the Apple at the top of the screen, furthest to the left on the menu bar)

Then go to security on the top row.

Then click on firewall. 

Click on the ball next to: Select access for specific applications and services.

That ball should turn blue.

Then near the bttom of the page there should be a + sign  in a box.

A window should appear showing the contents of your system ( this should be familiar because it is the window you get when saving or opening a file) 

Go to Applications on the far left hand side ( you may need to scroll down to find it)

Select Itunes ( again you may need to scroll to find it)

Click Add.

Close the system preferences window,

Try it again .

Hopefully that should work but if it doesn't give me an email I'll see if I can find an answer for you ( or send you in the right place if I have offended you too much !)

Alex 

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)