in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-02-2008 5:39 AM by ed7. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2008 9:00 AM

BeoVision 7 32 vs 40

I just got a BV7 32, but its currently a large paperweight with the TV's chassis needing replacement, even though its a week old, bought Brand New!!!!!

Anyway, I didnt realise but the 40 is the only version that has HDMI, for me this is important, as opposed to the larger screen because the 32 looks great and proportional in my house. 40 looks too big.

What I want to ask is what makes people choose the 40 over the 32.

- I dont care about the Cinema option

- Dont care about the stand (UP and DOWN)

- Dont really mind it not having the BS3

- 7 powerlinks is more than i will ever need, dont need that

etc etc.

Im not saying that they are useless, i just dont know if its worth that extra 2K. However, in all fairness, the 32's lack of HDMI is disgraceful. When a friend asks how many HDMI connections you have, and you reply none and then tell them that youve spend a mortgage deposit on the TV, they really do deserve to laught in your face, justifying that a DVI to HDMI converted, then a HDMI Splitter does the job, isnt really on :)

What do you guys think? What am I missing? Why 40 over 32? Is it worth waiting for this MK4, whenever, whatever it has?

Thanks in advance 

• 07-01-2008 2:04 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 7 32 vs 40

The BeoSystem 3 is worth ~£5k, more than a whole BV7-32 (without the speaker), that's what I'd be caring about Wink

It's the BeoSystem 3 chassis in the 7-40 which make it such a mind-numbingly-stunning set, and far more than justifies the price IMO.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-01-2008 3:26 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

The BeoSystem 3 is worth ~£5k

No it isn't. Would you really save up and pay that? The BS3 is worth around £2K, tops. Plus, B&O should be offering a package deal when people intend to purchase a BV4, BS3 and BL10.

Alex, you really would go out and spend £9K on a brand new BV7-40? Think about whether you would actually pay this, before you estimate worthiness. I wouldn't pay £9K on a new BV7-40 and I think it's both stunning and an excellent set. Worth the money brand new? No.

• 07-01-2008 5:40 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The BeoSystem 3 is definitely worth it's cost. Try and find a system which will do all the BeoSystem 3 does for the same cost (excluding amps, speakers, and a screen) or less and I'll be impressed. That's not even taking into account the quality of the image processing etc... which is going on.

A good surround sound decoder (without any kind of source switching etc...) alone will set you back £1k+.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-02-2008 3:22 AM In reply to

Yeah the BS3 is around 2K, Moxxxey is definately right on this one. But also, its not like youre getting the complete BS3, the BS3 says that it has over 70 connections, thats more than the BV7-40 has right???

• 07-02-2008 4:18 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

timhanna:

I just got a BV7 32, but its currently a large paperweight with the TV's chassis needing replacement, even though its a week old, bought Brand New!!!!!

Anyway, I didnt realise but the 40 is the only version that has HDMI, for me this is important, as opposed to the larger screen because the 32 looks great and proportional in my house. 40 looks too big.

What I want to ask is what makes people choose the 40 over the 32.

- I dont care about the Cinema option

- Dont care about the stand (UP and DOWN)

- Dont really mind it not having the BS3

- 7 powerlinks is more than i will ever need, dont need that

etc etc.

Im not saying that they are useless, i just dont know if its worth that extra 2K. However, in all fairness, the 32's lack of HDMI is disgraceful. When a friend asks how many HDMI connections you have, and you reply none and then tell them that youve spend a mortgage deposit on the TV, they really do deserve to laught in your face, justifying that a DVI to HDMI converted, then a HDMI Splitter does the job, isnt really on :)

What do you guys think? What am I missing? Why 40 over 32? Is it worth waiting for this MK4, whenever, whatever it has?

Thanks in advance 

Timhanna;

If you just purchased your BV7 a week ago and you feel like you were misinformed by your salesman, you have all the right to go there and return the set or get a different one paying/getting the difference. Remember, this is B&O. I will not hesitate swapping it out for a BV7-40. You are at the right time to do it. Later will be more difficult.

BV7-32 is a great set but its market segment is probably more for people who are in no hurry to jump to HD sources anytime soon. Believe it or not there are many people like this. In the store near home, the BV7-32 is a big seller amongst +50-year-old customers.

Good luck;

Gustavo

• 07-02-2008 4:28 AM In reply to

Gustavo, Thank you.

My dealer did say that he will give me an allowance towards a new TV. Lets see what that is. I am hoping that it is something decent, because after what I've gone through I should get a letter of apology really!

Fingers crossed, ill let you guys know, but its a shame that my first expirience with an LCD has turned out this way.

Lets see 

• 07-02-2008 5:39 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

i had similar experience 3 years back i had to sell the tv quick otherwise will be a liability to sell(later) which i think dealers experience that with the faithful b&o enthusiasts,yes it think you are absolutely correct with your statement no hdmi connection yes it is shockingNo - thumbs down
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)