in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2008 3:56 PM by jens m. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2008 5:16 PM

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

mx1500

hi all!

i´ve got a problem with my newly bought beovision mx1500:

it looses settings for picture and sound, everytime i switch it on, after it was on stand by, color is at minimum, brilliance is at maximum and soundlevel is at minimum. it does keep the setting of the tv stations. i allready renewed the backup-battery, so this shouldn´t be the cause.

any ideas?

thanks for your help!

jens 

• 06-14-2008 5:53 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Re: mx1500

Battery Backup  - yes I know you say you have replaced it but I would double check the connections (and the battery!).  I have replaced 3 batteries recently in various MX1500s and without a good new battery they all show the symptoms you describe....

Brian.

• 06-15-2008 5:06 AM In reply to

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

hi brian!

the battery is brand new and i always thought, if the battery would be the cause, the tv would also loose all the  settings for tuning of the tv stations, but mine does keep this. 

i´ll doublecheck the connections to the battery.

speaking of the battery: i didn´t find a battery with the right value - should be 2,4 volts 180 mAh - so i took two 1,2 volts and 160 mAh, but the slight difference in the value of mAh shouldn´t cause my problems?

thanks for your help!

jens 

• 06-15-2008 5:17 AM In reply to

The capacity is no problem, 160mAh or 180mAh, there is no difference.

Have you checked the voltage, does it really charge and has 2.4V ?

Im not quite sure, but there were also B&O tv's with 3.6V... i dont have right now the sm for the MX1500.

• 06-15-2008 10:30 AM In reply to

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

hi!

yes the battery charges - i measured the old one, which i replaced, it has 2.5 volts.

there was a little sticker on the old battery, which said, it has 2.4 volts and a capacity of 180 mAh.

my first thought was in the direction of a bad capacitor, perhaps around the resetcircuit of the microcomputer...

unfortunatly i haven´t got any service manual for the mx1500.

• 06-15-2008 1:12 PM In reply to

Hi,

mal in deutsch, da Münchner und damit fast in der Nachbarschaft:

Der MX1500 ist nah verwandt mit einigen alten Philips Geräten, er leidet eigentlich wie alle alten Geräte an genau denselben Alterungsproblemen. Es sind eigentlich immer wieder diese berühmten Elektrolytkondensatoren, nach 20 Jahren sind die allesamt am Ende... es langt ja, wenn auch nur einer an einer wichtigeren Stelle aufgibt.

Wechsel die Dinger aus, benutze gute 105 Grad Ware. Diese Industrieware bekommt man z.B. bei Reichelt, Conrad oder Segor, um nur einige Versender zu nennen. Alle anderen Defekte sind fast immer Folgeschäden dies Elkos. Etwas seltener sind die blauen ERO Folienkondensatoren vom Typ MKP 1841 fällig, meist ist es nur der eine im Schwingkreis des Netzteils, meist ein kleiner Typ von 1.8nF bis 6.8nf, dafür mit 1.6kV. Eine kaputte Sicherung oder ein zerblasener Transistor sind ernste Hinweise darauf.

Ich würde dir empfehlen, tausche so viele dieser Elkos wie möglich aus., wenn ich mich recht an den letzten MX1500 erinnere, waren bei ihm die Batterie und die 47uF 350V Elkos im Netzteil platt. Sein Bild war etwas matschig und recht unscharf.

Ähm... du hast aber die Lautstärke schon mit STORE-SOUND-STORE gespeichert? Da ist er etwas altmodischer als aktuelle Geräte...

Gruss

Martin aus Bogen

• 06-15-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

• jens m
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • munich, germany
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

hallo martin!

das bild sieht eigentlich sehr gut aus...und bei einer ersten sichtprüfung waren auch die kondensatoren noch ohne heftige mängel - soweit man das halt sieht. aber ich werde die bei gelegenheit mal austauschen.

aber:

das mit dem store - picture bzw sound - store war dann doch ein guter tip.....

peinlich, peinlich, aber ich hab einfach nicht gewußt, wie das gute stück zu bedienen ist, bei meinen mx4000 und mx3500 ist es anders... und so ganz ohne bedienungsanleitung wars auch nicht selbsterklärend...

asche auf mein haupt.

vielen dank für den tip!

for the englishspeaking readers:

i just was too dumb to do the store-procedure the right way!

it should be store - sound or picture - store.

now it works fine...

jens 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)