in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-27-2008 12:38 PM by Rubicon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2008 5:16 AM

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Beosound 4 transit damage!

Hi all,

Well I decided that I needed an upgrade and went for one on e-bay from La Belle France! Probably should have waited for one with original packaging, as this one received some transit damage! It does however work, and now that I've changed the language I can at least see what it's telling me it's up to! I love the look and the very ergonomic twirly wheels at the bottom, it also seems to play CD's fine - not tried radio or SD card but will soon. Even my older Beo 4 with A-tape seems to work the SD card function too so I'm happy with that as well!

Now to the sadness!

The lovely sliding glass door is somewhat askew, and makes a nasty clicking noise when it reaches it's uppermost opening position. On inspection with the door off, the retaining brackets located within the slots are not level, and I'd like to know if it's easy or even slightly challenging to rectify this? If I need to seek B&O assistance then I suspect any savings on new price might be lost! ( This was not the best deal on the planet!)Embarrassed

The other damage sustained is to the dark grey plastic insert in the aluminium base which locates the cables. This has in fact broken in half and may be able to be glued (shudder the thought of using some sort of super glue type nasty on such a wonderful piece of engineering but........) Can I buy one of these as a spare part? If so are they hideously expensive?

I'm a happy bunny really, as it's here and it works! I'd just be a lot happier if I could resolve these little glitches, so any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Peter

• 06-11-2008 10:20 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 4 transit damage!

Hi Peter

It's a shame to hear about your transit damage.

I'm not an expert on the retaining brackets for the glass door. I'm sure somebody can come to your rescue on that one.

The plastic foot is available as a spare part (3151913 wire guide) and is held in place by two screws (2019035). Don't be tempted to glue the foot back on as it is designed to be removed in the event that you mount the BeoSound4 on a floor stand or wall bracket in the future.

You should contact your local dealer to get a price for the replacement parts. You may not need to order the screws if the original ones are still in the base of the unit.

Hope that helps.

Opman

• 06-12-2008 12:08 AM In reply to

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Thanks you for your help opman! I may yet wall mount the unit so I think I'll just wait and see if I get a wall bracket now.

Now.... any takers for my door problem? That clicking noise can't be doing any good!

Cheers  Wink

Peter

• 06-12-2008 9:12 PM In reply to

Sorry to hear about your transport problems.

Slipping gears may be difficulty to re-align without taking the unit apart and continued use may further wear down the teeth.

I am in a similar boat with my BL3500 - and will take it in for  service at B&O, knowing it will negate my 'good, now not so good' buy. At least the unit will function worry free after the service. 

• 06-13-2008 3:49 PM In reply to

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Thanks for the post, I may well yet do the same and at least have the peace of mind that it's fixed. I am however a tenacious bu**er, so will not yet admit I need an expert - much the same as never needing a map for directions I guess!Unsure

Anyone prepared to let me into the trade secret of open case surgery on a Beosound 4?

Cheers

Peter

• 06-27-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

• Rubicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • N. Island NZ
    • Posts 45
    • Founder

Ok, I'm due to visit our nearest B&O store in Auckland on Tuesday to see what their prognosis is, but before I do that is there anyone out there who has had one of these apart?

Cheers all

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)