in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-13-2008 7:40 PM by Russ. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2008 12:32 PM

Beomedia 1 Future????

In several posts about the forthcoming Beosound 5, there has been mention of a software upgrade to Beomedia 1.  Is this still true or at least a possibility?

I hope that if there are changes, they will include the ability to add an internet radio station manually instead of the limited list that B&O provides.  I have other suggestions but didn't want to rant too much.

We have mostly talked about the design of the future BS5 or BC5 which I agree will probably be exceptional but if it isn't much more that a standard Windows media player, it will be a disappointment.

The Beomedia 1 is the first Bang and Olufsen that I have ever purchased that was obsolete from the beginning and could not be upgraded.  The dealer experience wasn't much fun either. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 06-05-2008 2:41 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beomedia 1 Future????

B&O won't drop the support for all BeoMedia 1 users. I'd wait and see what happens Wink

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-10-2008 5:35 PM In reply to

They do listen at B&O.  I was annoyed that an internet radio station that I especially like was removed from the Beomedia 1 database.  I received an email from Beocare who said they have added the station in question.  Maybe there is a Beosound 5 in my future.

• 06-11-2008 4:05 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The BeoSound 5 will work with the BeoMedia 1. The new software will be released for the BeoMedia 1 this fall when the BeoMaster 5 is launched (at the same time as the BeoSound 5, of course). I've heard a rumour that more info could be made available on BeoWorld in the near future...

Roger

• 06-11-2008 2:10 PM In reply to

Roger:

The BeoSound 5 will work with the BeoMedia 1. The new software will be released for the BeoMedia 1 this fall when the BeoMaster 5 is launched (at the same time as the BeoSound 5, of course). I've heard a rumour that more info could be made available on BeoWorld in the near future...

Roger

Dear Roger,

You speak in riddles!

Beomaster 5, BeoSound 5... 

Never mind. Found more info on the beoworld Dutch forum.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/1/118502/ShowThread.aspx 

• 06-11-2008 3:42 PM In reply to

• M4SPM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom
    • Posts 38
    • Founder

Could someone translate this thread please?

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/1/118502/ShowThread.aspx

• 06-12-2008 4:14 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The information we (BeoWorld) have states that the BeoSound 5 will be the panel and the BeoMaster 5 will be the "socket unit" if you think along the lines of the BeoCenter 2. As ML will be used between them, we are confident that the BeoMaster 5 could be seen as a BeoMedia "2" - making sure that current owners of the BeoMedia 1 can take advantage of the BeoSound 5 (the BeoMaster 5 will have better tech specs, of course, compared to the BM1). When the BeoMaster 5 is launched with the new fancy sw, this sw will also be uploaded automatically to current BeoMedia 1 owners. The BeoMaster 5 will be an option for the BeoVision 9, as BeoMedia 1 was up until recently when it was discontinued. We do not know of any limitations by using the BeoMedia 1 and not the BeoMaster 5 yet.

Roger

• 06-12-2008 9:07 AM In reply to

Roger:

The information we (BeoWorld) have states that the BeoSound 5 will be the panel and the BeoMaster 5 will be the "socket unit" if you think along the lines of the BeoCenter 2. As ML will be used between them, we are confident that the BeoMaster 5 could be seen as a BeoMedia "2" - making sure that current owners of the BeoMedia 1 can take advantage of the BeoSound 5 (the BeoMaster 5 will have better tech specs, of course, compared to the BM1). When the BeoMaster 5 is launched with the new fancy sw, this sw will also be uploaded automatically to current BeoMedia 1 owners. The BeoMaster 5 will be an option for the BeoVision 9, as BeoMedia 1 was up until recently when it was discontinued. We do not know of any limitations by using the BeoMedia 1 and not the BeoMaster 5 yet.

Roger

Thanks for the very good summary of the Beosound 5 and Beomaster 5.  Because ML is being used, I assume the BS5 can be in a bedroom for example and the Beomedia 1 or Beomaster 5 can be located in another room or cabinet.  Unless the Google translator is really bad, there was a discussion in the Dutch forum of iTunes being available.  Is that possible? 

• 06-12-2008 10:30 AM In reply to

I am wondering if BM5 will look like the DVD2/HDR2?
  • 06-12-2008 11:12 AM In reply to

I'm hoping the same thing for the Beomaster 5. I was also hoping the the Beosound 5 unit would be shaped in an oval like the BC2, but I think the Beosound will be rectangular.
  • 06-12-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Could that be wireless ML?
  • 06-12-2008 4:32 PM In reply to

The BeoMaster 5 & the BeoSound 5 are not connected with ML. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-12-2008 5:21 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Ethernet? 

• 06-12-2008 5:51 PM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

TripEnglish:

Ethernet? 

Wireless? 

Santiago

• 06-12-2008 7:02 PM In reply to

Neither. It's essentially wired like a BeoVision 4. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-13-2008 2:02 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

So only ML on the BeoMaster 5, and the BeoSound 5 is connected as a display via RS232? This will limit BV9-owners when it comes to placing the BS5 (if they build the BeoMaster 5 into the tv's cabinet). As album art is provided by the BeoMaster 5 to the BeoSound 5, I guess ML alone wouldn't be enough - so RS232/VGA/or something similar makes sense.

Roger

• 06-13-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

While it may not be too early to wonder about the BeoSound 5 / BeoMaster 5, it is a bit early to start worrying about it. Connectivity will be no more an issue with the BeoSound 5 than with any other previous product. Once there is an official nod from Bang & Olufsen that the product even exists, I'm sure that we'll find it even harder to keep mum. 

• 06-13-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

will it run linux or some ms cludge ?

popgear is grate™

• 06-13-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:
    While it may not be too early to wonder about the BeoSound 5 / BeoMaster 5, it is a bit early to start worrying about it. Connectivity will be no more an issue with the BeoSound 5 than with any other previous product. Once there is an official nod from Bang & Olufsen that the product even exists, I'm sure that we'll find it even harder to keep mum. 

If it didn't exist, why did B&O give us a clue around last Christmas.  You don't want to tease dedicated customers.

Flappo,

If BS5 is compatible with Beomedia 1, it is MS Windows and probably an imbedded version.

In the meantime, my AppleTV works just fine. 

• 06-13-2008 12:07 PM In reply to

It obviously exists. See link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour#Understanding_humour 

I meant more along the lines of a press release or some other act of introduction.

It will, by the way, run on Energon® Cubes and feature a cooled compartment for spreadable meats. 

• 06-13-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

It obviously exists. See link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour#Understanding_humour 

I meant more along the lines of a press release or some other act of introduction.

It will, by the way, run on Energon® Cubes and feature a cooled compartment for spreadable meats. 

These are very serious things that we talk about here.  However I thought the cooled compartment was optional. 

• 06-13-2008 12:49 PM In reply to

It was initially discussed as optional, but the new CEO has confirmed our long-term commitment to spreadable meats. Expect the doors of the BeoCenter 2 to open to a tin of duck pate by fiscal year 09/10.

(I've already said too much) 

Filed under:
  • 06-13-2008 2:11 PM In reply to

i'll stick with bno as the gratest transceiver producers , speakers and tv , the middle bits i'll leave to apple

as they REALLY know their stuff

ta very much :) 

popgear is grate™

• 06-13-2008 4:33 PM In reply to

• nlb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

OK ... so the BeoMaster5 is a MS PC while the BeoSound5 is a mini LCD screen! Simple. I'll stick with my Apple iTouch thanks very much. nlb.
  • 06-13-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

I think Trip's basket of Kittens must be pulling his leg.  A beer cooler, now that I could understand. Beer

I do think it will be interesting to see how B&O address the different situations presented by an audio-only BS-5 set up and one involving a BV-7 or 9.

Russ

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >