in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2008 7:15 PM by burantek. 42 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2008 5:53 PM

• SecretSheep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2008
    • In the field outside 'The Farm' - Struer
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

Hello Everyone!

Hello BeoWorld!

May we introduce ourselves. We are Peter, Bjorn and John, three sheep who live on 'The Farm' in Struer.  There's no better place for a sheep to graze what with the lush grass and such a lovely view of the beautiful Bang & Olufsen building (and of course the very clever people who work there).

However, they sometimes wander outside next to our field at lunchtime for a cigarette and start chatting - and with having nothing else to do all day but eat grass and go 'baaah' (with a Danish accent) we thought we would buy ourselves a laptop and type as best we can what we hear..

What prompted this was that whilst grazing on the farm, we heard bleating coming from the vicinity of Beoworld. "No scoops" was the cry!  So, we flocked together and have come to 'grass' on B&O. Some of our information may be a little woolly, but we can't always hear properly.

We have been hearing rumours of a new chassis for the smaller BV7. More connections and HDMI. This will differentiate the BV7 from the entry BV8. However the largest in the BV8 range will have a similar chassis to the smallest BV7.

We also hear that Samsung and B&O will not be branded together on B&O in the future - so expect some nice deals on the existing products!

So get flocking down to your dealer and see what is on offer. We will keep looking innocent - but remember the ventilation on the Farm involves open windows!! 

For now, we'll keep listening, going 'baah' and reporting what we hear.. 

SecretSheep 

They think we're just eating grass....
  • 05-28-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Hello Everyone!

Well, keep listening and thanks for that information! I am sure your grassing could provide us a lot of good information!

Baaahh!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-28-2008 6:12 PM In reply to

• SecretSheep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2008
    • In the field outside 'The Farm' - Struer
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

Just in case you wondered who we were, here we are.  The humans can never tell us apart so we're not worried...

They think we're just eating grass....
  • 05-28-2008 6:15 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Baaaaaa!
    Hello you three, and welcome to Beoworld. I think we met before, is this you between the two trees in the distance?
    Glad you overheard the bit about Samsung and B&O.
    It will be nice to have a new cellphone with just Bang and Olufsen on it.
    Looking forward to hearing many more bleats from you.

BaaaaaaSmile

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-28-2008 6:17 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Breaking news just in - mysterious disappearance of Sheep in North West Denmark leaves wildlife experts dumfounded Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-28-2008 6:20 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I think Andy has a microscope bolted to his screen... Unsure

Anyway - welcome to all three of you sheep. May you bring us much excitement and gossip!!

Lee

Big Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-28-2008 6:31 PM In reply to

Supergrass sheep? Interesting ...

• 05-28-2008 6:43 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

9 LEE:

I think Andy has a microscope bolted to his screen... Unsure

Anyway - welcome to all three of you sheep. May you bring us much excitement and gossip!!

Lee

Big Smile 

Ah yes, I remember having a long chat with you.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-28-2008 6:46 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'm sure they are asleep now, but i'd imagine they would not be happy about that. I tried to photograph them in Struer, and they said "no flocking close ups!!!!"

Laughing 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-28-2008 8:32 PM In reply to

Dear Sheeps:

What's your favorite B&O kit, be older or newer?  Does B&O have the ready-to-go know-how to make a cell phone?  I know they have been making cordless phone for a while, how does that expertise translate to cell phones?  

Maybe, they (Samsung & B&O) signed a new deal where only one name will appear on the product; however, the product may just be another Samsung rebadged.  

Not unlike what some PC makers do: Dell and other manufactures get $$ to feature all of those little stickers on their computers, which I find just annoying.  Apple on the other hand does not put any stickers though underneath they are running others parts.

Welcome & keep on grassin'

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 05-28-2008 8:45 PM In reply to

darioazul:

Dear Sheeps:

What's your favorite B&O kit, be older or newer?.

Welcome & keep on grassin'

Dario 

don't know about their favorite, but i could take a guess at their least favorite...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-28-2008 8:53 PM In reply to

Assuming we get you a Beosound 5 and a Beomaster 5,  would it be better to install the BS5 on one of you so that it follows you around where you go or is it required to install one everywhere were you might enjoy the lush grass? 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-28-2008 8:58 PM In reply to

burantek:

don't know about their favorite, but i could take a guess at their least favorite...

This is quickly becoming one of the most entertaining threads on Beoworld! Laughing

-mika

• 05-29-2008 3:22 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

SecretSheep:

We are Peter, Bjorn and John

Young folks (sheep) be aware, some Swedes has stolen your names.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-29-2008 3:42 AM In reply to

I think I'll have lamb chops this evening for dinner :-) :-)

Anyway guys... Welcome to BeoWorld :-) :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 05-29-2008 3:52 AM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

Way to go !!!

Some more of this "Vitamins" is exactly what we need now.

I for one hopes the BC6 gets the same treatment.....bigger....bigger and Better !!

Thx haven 4 sheeps....

Thomas

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 05-29-2008 4:00 AM In reply to

jk1002:

Assuming we get you a Beosound 5 and a Beomaster 5,  would it be better to install the BS5 on one of you so that it follows you around where you go or is it required to install one everywhere were you might enjoy the lush grass? 

You might want to consider the function of a sheepdog in the equation ... 

• 05-29-2008 4:40 AM In reply to

Welcome sheep,

great news to have someone near the farm ;-)

Marcus 

• 05-29-2008 12:52 PM In reply to

I hope the sheep hear something about whether or not there are any upcoming hardware upgrades to the Beovison 7-40, such as a different panel.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-29-2008 1:33 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info and hope to hear from you guys again soon.
  • 05-29-2008 11:15 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

"Sheep have excellent hearing. They can amplify and pinpoint sound with their ears. In fact, sound arrives at each ear at a different time. Sheep are frightened by sudden loud noises, such as subwoofers or surround sound. In response to loud noises and other unnatural sounds, sheep become nervous and more difficult to handle. This is due to the release of stress-related hormones. To minimize stress, B&O employee's should speak in a quiet, calm voice."

Sheep 201 logo 

• 05-30-2008 2:51 AM In reply to

I'm sorry, just a little spelling error above, it's well know that sheep are afraid of subwoolfers.

• 05-30-2008 2:58 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Crowds behave like sheep and pick leaders to follow

London, Feb 15 Have you ever arrived somewhere and wondered how you got there? Well, a new study has finally found the answer — it's our “flock mentality”.

Researchers at the University of Leeds in Britain have carried out the study and discovered that humans in crowd actually flock like sheep, subconsciously following a minority of individuals who seem to know where they are going. They came to the conclusion after conducting an experiment in which volunteers were told to walk randomly around a large hall, without talking to each other. A select few were then given more detailed instructions.

All the participants were not allowed to communicate with one another but had to stay just within arms length of another person. The researchers found that it took a minority of just 5% of what they called “informed individuals” to influence the direction of a crowd of a minimum of 200 people. The remaining of 95% followed without realising it.

“There are strong parallels with animal grouping behaviour. We've all been in situations where we get swept along by the crowd but what's interesting about this research is that our participants ended up making a consensus decision. This is despite the fact that they weren’t allowed to talk or gesture to one another. In most cases the participants didn’t realise they were being led by others,” The Daily Telegraph quoted lead researcher Jens Krause as saying.

According to the researchers, the findings have important applications, notably in disaster management. The results of the study have been published in the latest edition of the Animal Behaviour Journal. The work follows another study by Simon Reader of Utrecht University that showed that most of us are happy to play “follow my leader”, even if we are trailing after someone who does not really know where he or she is going.

mähhh mähhh

• 05-30-2008 4:02 AM In reply to

A new Beoworld star is shorn!

To bleat or not to bleat, that is the question......

Start slowly, no need to go off at the sheep end straight away or the sheep might hit the fan and may find yourself buried in a mysterious lambslide, with some very sheepish gutys at B&O saying they don't know how it happened. I shouldn't baa yourself from spreading rumours though! Then again, if B&O had any ewemanity they wouldn't mind. You may even find they flock to see you!

Glad everything seems to be sheep shape at the moment!

Be still my bleating heart......

Simon

• 05-30-2008 4:19 AM In reply to

Apologies about the quality of the puns above. 

I can't pull the wool over your eyes, it was a real sheep shot. Apologies for being such a sheepskate! I won't ram the point home incase you recoil in shear terror. I would like to share this joke with you though!

There was this really smart sheep down in Mexico who knew how to make butter and buttermilk.

One night she sneaked across the border and got a job working for a farmer, who set up a roadside stand and told her to try to sell the stuff. Unfortunately traffic was very heavy and the sight of this sheep making butter and buttermilk was so distracting that naturally there was an accident.

The police investigated and issued the farmer a citation for attempting to make an illegal ewe churn on a busy highway.

Simon

Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >