in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-27-2008 6:15 PM by hakanenoksson. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2008 6:10 AM

Using N.MUSIC in one room and listen to a CD in another room - just a dream?

Hello

I have a Beocenter 1 from 2005 (Typ no: 8523, SW:2.5, Acc: ML STB DSS) in one room connected to a Pace twin turner PVR , a VX7000 VHS and with a ML cable to the Beoport (SW: 4.65).

I have recently got B&O to connected these products with my Beosound 9000 (SW:2.21) (with a ML cable) and BeoLab 8000 which are located in another room.  B&O managed to get it connected and I think I used to be able to listen to N.RADIO on the Beocenter 1 when listening to a CD on the Beosound 9000 in the other room.  However, I realised that I did not manage to listen to the TV (analogue) on the Beosound 9000 and the Beosound 9000's radio on the TV, which B&O then tried to fix.

They managed to figure out why the analogue TV sound did not come through to my Beosound 9000 (too weak signal - so need to turn the sound to Mono) but not the link radio function (which is still not solved).  When the last configuration was done, I “lost” the possibility to play N.RADIO on the TV when playing a CD on the Beosound 9000 and B&O claims that this was never possible in the first place.  Nowadays, my Beosound 9000 lights up with N.RADIO when playing N.RADIO on my TV which I don’t remember it doing before.  I am still convinced that I was able to play N.RADIO on the Beocenter 1 and listen to a CD on the Beosound 9000 at the same time, as described above, and wonder if anyone could put a final thought to my issue before giving up and admit that I must had been dreaming.

I think the TV is set to option 2 and the Beosound 9000 to option 2 wheras the Beoport is set to option 6.

On the link radio issue, I have decided to spit the antenna to the TV and connect it to the TV's radio to avoid using the link radio function which B&O never manage to set up.

Any thoughts?

• 04-25-2008 10:38 AM In reply to

Re: Using N.MUSIC in one room and listen to a CD in another room - just a dream?

Post is unreadable. My eyes look like my avatar's after trying. 

Repost in "non-stream-of-thought" format and I'll take a shot at it! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-25-2008 10:46 AM In reply to

Re: Using N.MUSIC in one room and listen to a CD in another room - just a dream?

I have edited it to make it readable.

I have also edited this response posting because I must of been thinking of something else when I wrote it and my initial response was incorrect.

I said

"You can listen to a CD in the master room at the same time as N.Music in a link room, however you CANNOT listen to a CD in one link room and N.Music in another link room at the same time"

The above is incorrect and I should have said:-

You can listen to N.Music and N.Radio in the room with the Beoport provided speakers are connected to the Beoport while the CD is playing in the Master room or link room because the Beoport is not placing audio on the Masterlink. HOWEVER the Beosound 9000 can only support one audio at a time, so you cannot have the CD playing in one room and N.Music playing in a link room other than the room with the Beoport.

Whilst some products will support two audio sources the Beosound 9000 does not.

Regards Keith....

• 04-25-2008 11:30 AM In reply to

Hello again!

Sorry for the strange post - my first one/struggling with my English today.... thanks for the editing and the replies.

Thanks Keith for confirming that. For the moment, I cannot listen to a CD in the Beosound 9000 room when playing N.Music/N.Radio in the Beocenter 1 room. If I press CD on the Beosound 9000, it will also change to CD on the Beocenter 1.

• 04-25-2008 1:13 PM In reply to

I forgot to welcome you to Beoworld,

The symptom you get means its working correctly.

In my initial response to you I must have had a "Brain Block" because I told you something which was incorrect and I have now edited the posting to reflect what it should say..

Regards Keith....

• 04-25-2008 1:46 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Only possible with a BeoCenter 2 or BeoSound 4 instead of the 9000 I think! Sad

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-25-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Should be possible if your BS 9000 is in A.OPTION 6, as a local source. Disadvantage is, you can`t control your BS 9000 from the main room. Or try A.OPTION 4 and control the BS 9000 by LINK-CD, LINK-RADIO.

Hope this helps.

Stefan 

• 04-25-2008 3:58 PM In reply to

Hello again!

wow! thanks for all the advise and quick replies. Despite it sounds like I must had been dreaming when I had two music sources in two rooms at the same time, I am very happy to get the opinion on the issue....

Hmm, not very keen on either the Beocenter 2 or Beosound 4 as I am really happy with the convenience of having 6CDs loaded all the time. The A.OPTION 4 is an interesting solution. I will try to set it up tomorrow and see how it works out. Although, a bit of a pain to do LINK all the time before any changes on the BS 9000.... I suppose the new Beo5 remote control could do it with less hassle/buttons? Any thoughts?

• 04-25-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

Just set it to option 6 then you don't need the Link command.

As to Radio on the older BC1 it not possible to turn off the internal Radio.  But you cut tray and set it to option 1 and then use AV + Radio or Link Radio in option 2. This is if you don't have a menu call "Link" under "options" where you can turn the internal Radio off. 

• 04-27-2008 10:42 AM In reply to

I have been trying to set the Beosound 9000 to A.OPT 6 or A.OPT 4 as suggested but without any luck. The red light does not blink when I press the option on the Beo4?  I have tried to disconnect it from the ML cable but without much difference. It could be due to my very very little understanding of the option settings.... I can set A.OPT, V.OPT and L.OPT on the Beo4. Do I need to configure all of them? Does anyone know of any "primer to option settings" where I could get the basic? before making an embarrassment of myself in this forum...

Regarding the internal radio in the Beocenter 1, I have tried to switch off the "linked radio" which I found on the menue but the TV still responds to the radio and LINK+RADIO does not work...

• 04-27-2008 6:15 PM In reply to

Suddenly the LINK+RADIO started to work which is great news! agian, thanks for the help! However, the N.RADIO/CD dream has still not materialised... Does the TV have any A.OPT setting?
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)