in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2008 6:24 PM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2008 6:10 PM

• mmaxx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Basic Connectivity Question

Hi All, Apologies for what I am sure is basic knowledge amongst you but I have an Overture System (Now completely dead through bad storage) and 2 Beolab8000 speakers. My question is how can I use the speakers without a B&O system- is there a way to use them with standard music or computer systems? Or if not possible what is the oldest/cheapest form of CD Reproducer that B&O do that I can search for to hook up my speakers to?

Thanks in Advance!!   

• 04-21-2008 6:21 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Basic Connectivity Question

Hi Mmaxx

Dead easy to connect BeoLab8000's to other equipment as long as what you want to connect to has a variable line level output. 

In the cone section of the speaker (where you plug in the Powerlink cable) you will see a phono socket.  You can connect these to a piece of equipment with phono socket outputs OR you can purchase from a dealer a signal adaptor cable. This converts phono plug to twin speaker din plug.

Hope that helps.

Opman

• 04-21-2008 6:24 PM In reply to

Re: Basic Connectivity Question

They work fine with pre-amplifier output from non B&O sources. Just run an RCA cable from the pre-amp output to the line in on the 8000s.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)