in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2007 12:32 PM by Keith Saunders. 68 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2007 1:23 PM In reply to

Re: Why not Gold?

Lee did you get my PayPal. Didn't recieve any confirmation from them in my private email.
  • 05-08-2007 1:27 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Hi Henry!

Yes, i got it thank you, and sent you an email in return thanking you for your very kind donation to BeoWorld.  Cool

You really shouldn't have, but everything recieved goes towards taking this site further, and making it better for its members and users.

Lee

Yes 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-08-2007 1:30 PM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Speaking of payment and supporting Beoworld...

Lee, I picked up a white t-shirt in Struer and wrote my name on your list. I haven't received any information on how to pay for it, though. How do I go about this? I'd like to get it sorted before it disappears in the vast canyons that used to be my memory. Wink

Oh, and it looks great! 

• 05-08-2007 1:34 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I will be contacting everyone shortly. I have it all written down, you will not escape! Laughing

Lee 

• 05-08-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

• BandOkie
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Owasso, Oklahoma - USA
    • Posts 112
    • Founder

9 LEE:
    BandOkie:

Why not?

I believe when I registered on the new site it said that only European members would be eligible for the monthly drawings.  Maybe I misinterpreted what I read.  So, is it possilbe to upgrade from Silver to Gold?

Absolutely not the case - this is a worldwide site, and the prizes will be the same no matter what country the winner is in.

If you can find me the text that says "Europe Only" i will delete it immediately, as this would be an error!

Lee

So, how do I upgrade from Silver to Gold?  I have not seen that as a possibility.  I see that I can create a Gold membership, but it is full price.  Is there any way to upgrade?

Thanks,

Michael

BandOkie
    Michael in Oklahoma

• 05-09-2007 9:40 PM In reply to

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your reply regarding my upgrade problems.  Unfortunately, I do not have Firefox.  Also, Philippe's attempt to help didn't pan out on my browser - what he sees is clearly different from what I see.  

Perhaps I could send you a check?  Just send me an address, a $USD #, and I'm happy to.  

Best regards (even if I'm only bronze),

Dave Moulton
    Dave
  • 05-10-2007 1:17 AM In reply to

Hi Dave,

Luckily I have nothing to do with the money side of the site! However I have emailed Lee to say you are having problems and I am sure he can sort something out. I think Safari just doesn't work well with the site - clearly  a Microsoft conspiracy! Laughing

I am sure he will be in touch!

Peter 

• 05-10-2007 4:34 AM In reply to

As all I have ever won in my life was a years supply of decaf coffee which I don't even drink, I didn't pay my 30 quid in the hope of winning anything.......

30 quid is nothing in comparison to the pleasure I have had from this website over the last couple of years and is the least I can do to keep it going as I know I'd make a useless moderator!

• 05-10-2007 6:26 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Why not Platinum?
  • 05-10-2007 6:37 AM In reply to

rhodium Laughing
  • 05-10-2007 9:09 AM In reply to

LOL Laughing
  • 05-10-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

Peter - you smooth talked me into it.

And I've got an founders F  Smile

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 05-10-2007 4:53 PM In reply to

What will you do with the BS4 if you win?

Laughing

• 05-11-2007 11:40 AM In reply to

Good question - probably give it to the Aged P's to gowith their MX 6000- or maybe let the kids loose on it in our music room ( i have apair of LAb 4000's currently "spare" ) 

It certainly won't appear in store - that would be wrong on many levels.Confused

• 05-11-2007 12:39 PM In reply to

I don't know! A display model labelled 'The Beoworld BS4' . Nice thought about the Ps though!

Best wishes,

• 05-11-2007 10:28 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

would love to upgrade to Gold and just tried to do so ... but the link apppeared broken - or is the system for membership upgrades down?

• 05-12-2007 5:17 AM In reply to

Should be working! Contact Lee and he will help! I'll PM him!
  • 05-12-2007 6:40 PM In reply to

OK, you have guilted me into a Gold membership.
    I have enjoyed this site for many years (one of only a handful that I routinely visit)......

I feel proud to be a "f"  - but the question is what is my f/500 number?  (how many f's do you have - I know I got many in school....)

-michael
  • 05-13-2007 10:40 AM In reply to

Somewhere between 300 and 400!
  • 05-13-2007 12:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

mfirst:
    OK, you have guilted me into a Gold membership.
    I have enjoyed this site for many years (one of only a handful that I routinely visit)......

I feel proud to be a "f"  - but the question is what is my f/500 number?  (how many f's do you have - I know I got many in school....)

-michael

Gilded would be more appropriateLaughing

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-18-2007 3:00 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

I was a bit hasitating with this one, but here it goes, Lee:

(quoting my PM from some time ago) 

Hi Lee,

The forum links related to troubles getting more people to sign in as gold members led me to check my bank account ...

I registered as a gold member and, frankly, it's neither the prices or the manuals (leave the latter to dealers given my tech abilities) which did it, but that's a different story...

What I found was suspicious is that though I went through filling in all the details with my card payment (not being noticed about any faults) I actually can't see the amount deducted from my account balance! I was wondering why and also whether this might not be the case with many other members. Maybe some little glitch somewhere. In my opinion worth investigating, perhaps. I would also appreciate if you could let me know what I can do to get the payment to your account - I'm not going to give up my gold + f membership,mind you. Wink

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

saf

• 05-18-2007 3:52 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Hi Saf 

During this next week, i will be getting detailed statements of all memberships and will be comparing them to the card processing statements.

All members seem to have been charged, but there is obviously a small problem here. Thank you for your honesty!

Lee
    Smile

• 05-19-2007 10:33 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Now that this has been pointed out, I checked my statement and there is no charge from Beoworld on my credit card statement, Lee.  However, this might be because my subscription took place near the end of the billing cycle so the charge may appear in my next invoice.  I have never known my bank to fail to collect!
  • 05-20-2007 5:41 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Hi Stephen 

Is there any way you could contact your card issuer and ask if it's on the current billing cycle?  I'd be interested to know!

Many thanks

Lee

• 05-20-2007 6:31 AM In reply to

Lee,

Have you considered emailing all the old-site  registered members offering new Beoworld membership.  I assume that you have the data ( via the old log in system )

I don't think there are any data protection issues, as you would simply be reminding previous subscribers to the site that it has changed.

I'm assuming you haven't done so because on the old site I had two usernames (on work & personal emails ) and neither has had a prompt to visit / register with the new, improved Beoworld.  However, apologies if its in hand, and I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here...

Regards

King Street

Page 2 of 3 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >