in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2007 12:32 PM by Keith Saunders. 68 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2007 6:55 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Why not Gold?

Laughing  -  No, you're not teaching me to suck eggs..

We are desperately trying to get the old forum, along with data and memberships. However, we fear the worst and are 99% sure it all got lost. alivewww are being as unhelpful as ever in trying to recover anything, but we are trying to badger them daily.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-20-2007 7:20 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Hi, Lee.

As requested, I contacted the card issuer.  As of 7:15 PM, Sunday [HK time], there is no charge of 30 pounds on my account according to the customer service rep.  As I will be receiving the May invoice in 7-10 days, I will try to remember to look for the Beoworld charge and let you know.

Stephen

• 05-23-2007 10:57 AM In reply to

• kaka
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-13-2007
    • Posts 23
    • Silver Member

I'm silver and would like to go gold and have a little f next to my name, as I think this site is grrrrreat (as a certain stripy character used to say).  BUT when I try, it says that I need to pay GBP30. ut if this is an upgrade from Silver to Gold, shouldn't it be 15?  I'm not trying to be stingy or anything, if it's 30 it's 30, i just want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly.
  • 05-23-2007 11:23 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Hi,

I do see what you mean but your membership will be upgraded to Gold for 12 months from that point on.

It would be an additional complication to the membership upgrade and probably cost even more to implement into the site.

Go for it anyway you might still win!

cheers,

Kevin 

• 05-28-2007 9:03 AM In reply to

I can't join the Gold Membership ranks. Whenever I try and join I get the following message

Safari can’t open the page.

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.beoworld.org/register.asp?action=edit”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

I'll join if and when I can :)

JR

• 05-28-2007 1:02 PM In reply to

Safari doesn't like the site - Try Firefox. Ridiculous really and sorry for the inconvenience.
  • 05-29-2007 6:12 PM In reply to

Hi everyone

I just recently upgraded to Gold membership, as I have used the site a few times in the past and consider it to be one of the most comprehensive and well run enthusiast resources on the internet. The community as a whole are extremely helpful, and being an enthusiastic novice, I have been the recipient of excellent technical advice on more than one occasion, and I can't be the only one.

After reading these posts, it occurred to me that every time I have used the site, I have been on the take - I get lots of helpful advice and a lot of questions answered, but have given nothing back. I am not an expert, and as such, I don't have vast amounts of technical tips and advice to bestow on you all, however I do have 2.50 a month, which I am delighted to contribute to help out a site which has helped me so much in the past, and i would urge everyone to do the same.

You only have to flick through a few pages of the site to realise that it is an extremely professional project that must take up a huge amount of time and money. Give something back, it will hardly break the bank.

Best regards

George

• 05-29-2007 6:20 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

George! What a lovely post.
    You  certainly have got a lot to give even without vast technical knowledge. I too know a bit about everything and a lot about very little, but reading a post like that fills me with pride that I am a Beoworlder!
    So glad you became a gold member AND you got the cherrished "f"

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-29-2007 6:32 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Good post George! You are right, Beoworld is woth much more than 2.50£.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-30-2007 6:49 AM In reply to

My main B&O interest is in the older stuff (at least until the kids are older and a bit more free cash is available). It comes with the territory that if you are buying 25-30 year old h-fi at bargain prices that there will be issues along the way and this forum has been my lifeline.

As this forum has already saved me well over £30, investing in a  Gold Membership was a no-brainer for me.

Simon

• 06-02-2007 8:39 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Hi, Lee.

You have a PM re:  credit card charges.

Thanks.

• 06-04-2007 1:27 PM In reply to

• DAG4R
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-04-2007
    • London
    • Posts 16
    • Founder

Hello all,

I have just joined the community as a gold member Big Smile

This is my first post here and I'd like to say hi. I am an ower of a Beovision 7 in the UK.

I joined and went for Gold membership for two reasons; 1. The prize draw. I don't really do the lottery and after the excitement during the first draw I couldn't resist. 2. I was looking for some help with my BV7 through the use of the User/Service manuals offered here.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a service manual for the BV7 on this site which is a real shame Tongue Tied . The monthly prizes will hopfully make up for it Wink

Kind regards,

Dheraj DAG4R

• 06-04-2007 1:46 PM In reply to

Actually we do have the service manuals for the 32 and 40 " BV7s. The problem is that they are simply too big for me to load onto the site - the connection just cuts out! I am working on it!!

Which BV7 do you have? 

• 06-05-2007 8:45 AM In reply to

• DAG4R
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-04-2007
    • London
    • Posts 16
    • Founder

Hi Peter,

I have a BV7 32. Glad to hear you are working on getting the service manuals uploaded. Will you send a notification to all members via the email subscription to let us know of the new additions?

Thanks for your help. Keep up the good work.

Dheraj DAG4R

• 06-07-2007 5:46 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

There are only 98 founder memberships left. How long will it take to see the first gold member without an f???

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-08-2007 3:06 AM In reply to

Dheraj,

I have sent you a PM with a link to the Service Manual on my server

Regards Keith....

• 06-08-2007 4:43 AM In reply to

• DAG4R
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-04-2007
    • London
    • Posts 16
    • Founder