in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2007 12:32 PM by Keith Saunders. 68 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (69 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2007 2:06 PM

Why not Gold?

Dear Members

We are pretty amazed to the see the amount of Bronze Members on the site, totalling almost 600 !!  We all urge each and every one of you to support BeoWorld, and help us with the costs of running such a large and expensive site by joining as Gold Members. We have opted for the best of everything as you would expect, but unfortunately this costs money. Without the support of BeoWorld members, we couldn't offer the level of service we do, and this is why we created the Gold level of membership in order for you to help us maintain this world-leading enthusiasts site.

Even if you rarely use BeoWorld, the prize draw must be worth this alone!  If someone asked you for £2.50 (3.60 Euro, $4.75, 25DKK) to walk into a room where you had a 1 in 30 chance of leaving with a BeoSound 4, would you think it good value? Of course you would, and you would do it without question!

This is exactly what we are offering to every single Gold Member, every single month!

The Prizes will be to your own local voltage specification, whether you are in the UK, Germany, Holland, Japan, USA, Scandinavia, France - or any other country in the world. This is not limited to the UK - we are an international site, and prizes will be distributed across the World.

So, if you are thinking about going Gold, do it. You deserve it, and we would sincerely thank you for your support. I will continue to support this site in time and financially as I think it offers the very best in information to B&O owners and to members who aspire to own B&O. My efforts are however wasted unless we have a large and vibrant community. Less than £3 a month gets you a resource offering all you would expect from a magazine that would cost you far more. You also get a chance to win outrageously good prizes.

So, please, help us make sure this site is a massive success. Go for Gold!

• 05-05-2007 4:22 PM In reply to

Re: Why not Gold?

I just upgraded to support the site. I didn't go for gold initially as I am not too interested in the prices and did not yet have the need for user or service manuals. Supporting the website of course is a different story ...... I am all for that. Maybe adding the ability for paypal donations to support the site would be a good idea for irregular user .... so there not locked into the 30$ or 60$ model and it wouldn't cost anything to implement.

Cheers
    JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-05-2007 4:25 PM In reply to

You are a star! I will actually be returning any prize I receive in the draw to the hat, so you do all have an even better chance!
  • 05-05-2007 4:29 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    You are a star! I will actually be returning any prize I receive in the draw to the hat, so you do all have an even better chance!

Nobel Prize!! What a gentleman....

I personally can't wait for that BeoVision 9 to come my way!!! Laughing

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-06-2007 6:01 AM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

I'd been thinking about it for a while - and that's all it took, a why not? to wake you up on a Sunday morning, done.

Thanks to all. This is a highly valued site and I wouldn't want to see it disappear for lack of financial support. All it would take to get your ROI is one misguided product purchase without the benefit of everyone's help.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 05-06-2007 6:13 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Nice one. it's what it's all about.

Thanks for your contributionYes 

• 05-06-2007 2:37 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I've just listed two B&O items on eBay and have told everyone to check out the prizes on Beoworld.
    My eBay name is   jandytclocks

Just thought I'd do my bit for Beoworld.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-06-2007 2:39 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Good idea AndyYes
  • 05-06-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Well I went straight for Gold since it was cheaper for me after all on the old Forum I was "paying" £36 a year.Big Smile 

I have become a sort of irregular visitor for the last 12 months due to my life having enough excitement at the moment but the hard work everyone has put in to this website has to be supported prizes or no prizes. Party!!!

Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 05-07-2007 2:51 AM In reply to

• kees
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hi Peter

I was not very active for the last half year, but still I check the site regularly and think it deserves support as I also had support from it when needed (and also fun!). So, I have become a gold member, and thats not a bad thing for other gold members as I never win prizes in a lottery.

Kees

• 05-07-2007 3:18 AM In reply to

kees:

Hi Peter

I was not very active for the last half year, but still I check the site regularly and think it deserves support as I also had support from it when needed (and also fun!). So, I have become a gold member, and thats not a bad thing for other gold members as I never win prizes in a lottery.

Kees

Laughing  Very good of you! I do however wish you luck! I too never win but my twin sister wins everything!

• 05-07-2007 3:34 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Uh oh, Peter has a twin !!

Confused

Martin

• 05-07-2007 5:50 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    kees:

Hi Peter

Kees

Laughing  Very good of you! I do however wish you luck! I too never win but my twin sister wins everything!

Does this mean she was first in line when God handed out luck whilst you were surfing Beoworld?
    Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 05-07-2007 7:01 AM In reply to

• jro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Does Beoworld not accept oversea credit cards such as from Hong Kong? I couldn't get my Visa process and I really wanted my Beosound 4 :P

Please help!

• 05-07-2007 7:29 AM In reply to

• kuliand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • nuneaton
    • Posts 43
    • Founder

Well i have finally registered on the new site and as gold member.
  • 05-07-2007 7:34 AM In reply to

jro:

Does Beoworld not accept oversea credit cards such as from Hong Kong? I couldn't get my Visa process and I really wanted my Beosound 4 :P

Please help!

Send a message to Lee - he can usually help.

• 05-07-2007 12:39 PM In reply to

Dear Peter,

I'm tryin', I'm tryin'  .  .  .

But when I try to create a Gold account, Safari tells me the page isn't available.  Help!!

Best,

Bronze Dave Moulton
    Dave
  • 05-07-2007 3:46 PM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Hello Dave,

Hope everything's fine for you and Teddy Wink

It's always a pleasure to see you around!

I informed one of the French moderators about a bug on the "upgrade membership" web page : if you do not select "gold level" on the scrolling menu on this very page (right under your profile info : address, name), then if you click on the button "renew", it will be as if you try to renew a bronze account and it's impossible (because bronze is a lifetime level and doesn't need to be renewed).

Hope this is the answer to your trouble,

Philippe

• 05-07-2007 3:52 PM In reply to

• BandOkie
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Owasso, Oklahoma - USA
    • Posts 112
    • Founder

Why not?

I believe when I registered on the new site it said that only European members would be eligible for the monthly drawings.  Maybe I misinterpreted what I read.  So, is it possilbe to upgrade from Silver to Gold?

BandOkie
    Michael in Oklahoma

• 05-07-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

DaveMoulton:
    Dear Peter,

I'm tryin', I'm tryin'  .  .  .

But when I try to create a Gold account, Safari tells me the page isn't available.  Help!!

Best,

Bronze Dave Moulton

Safari has issues! Try Firefox! It is a Microsoft based site. Having said that, Firefox wouldn't work with an eBay survey I was sent tonight and Safari would! No sense.

Bit cheesed off as my PC has just crashed losing 76 pages of scanned manual!  

• 05-07-2007 5:44 PM In reply to

I do have one caveat. Please remember that some members are not in the position to pay for a Gold membership. This is a free to access site and younger members and those living in countries with a poor exchange rate would have difficulty paying what we would think of as a small amount. Therefore lots of enthusiasm but no hectoring!Laughing
  • 05-07-2007 6:25 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

BandOkie:

Why not?

I believe when I registered on the new site it said that only European members would be eligible for the monthly drawings.  Maybe I misinterpreted what I read.  So, is it possilbe to upgrade from Silver to Gold?

Absolutely not the case - this is a worldwide site, and the prizes will be the same no matter what country the winner is in.

If you can find me the text that says "Europe Only" i will delete it immediately, as this would be an error!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-08-2007 7:46 AM In reply to

Dear Peter, I thought the prize draw was for everybody! In the rules and regulations it says: This free prize draw is open to anyone aged 16 or over. You do not need to purchase any memberships or products to enter. My qouestion is: Is the prize draw only for gold members and not for everybody? If this is so, I can upgrade and also support the site, but if not, you have to change in the text.
    $
  • 05-08-2007 8:26 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Due to gaming laws, and need for a lottery licence if we make Gold Membership and Draw Entry mandatory, it is available to anybody "no purchase necessary". You see this a lot with product manufacturers when running promotional prize draws.

We have 3 people in the May Draw that simply sent in their details by recorded delivery, and they will be entered as promised.

Being a Gold Member gives you AUTOMATIC entry into every draw, every month though, and also supports BeoWorld.  

Seeing as a Postcard, 1st Class Stamp, and Recorded Delivery in the UK will cost you about £1.20 plus your time going to the post office, queuing, and getting home - paying the £2.50 to be automatically entered would be an easier option? For some, they decided to go for the cheaper option - and obviously £1.30 means a lot to them. This is their choice of course, and i accept this fully.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-08-2007 11:46 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Facilitator, go for gold and shine in society : "Yes, I'm a major donator to one of those philanthropical societies but I want to stay discreet on that, you know..." 

And who would possibly want a bronze medal anyway?

Philippe

Page 1 of 3 (69 items) 1 2 3 Next >