in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-11-2008 6:49 PM by Jonathan. 143 replies.
Page 3 of 6 (144 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2008 5:18 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Re: Who made the best buy on a used Bang & Olufsen gear???

Jandyt:

What a coincidence! Just got home from work and found five Beolab 5s in my back yard! Wink

Sorry, Jandyt! I gave them the wrong address. My fault! Please just send them to me, of course I will pay the postage.

Or even better, drive to the land of vikings and make a photo thread! Beer

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 04-04-2008 6:26 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Now then, I've been offered free beer in Sweden and a free meal in Massachusetts. What is a guy to do?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-04-2008 6:34 PM In reply to

hebo:

I think I did a pretty good buy some days ago.

What about a 2002 Avant Real Flat 32 in very good condition for 300 Euro.

Excellent, you made the great deal, the Avant TV RF is the Real thing when talking about CRT TV.

In my case, it was not as good as you, but it remains a fair deal though :

- I got a used BL2 (1 year old) for 15OO euros and under warranty.

I was lucky that day. I just saw the add on beoworld, and the same day the purchase was made.

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 04-04-2008 8:09 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Jandyt:

Now then, I've been offered free beer in Norway and a free meal in Massachusetts. What is a guy to do?

Ain't it obvious mate? Go forth and................................ take yer camera........................ the original alternative will probably kill a man of your age.Stick out tongue

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-05-2008 4:01 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:
    Oh and BTW Simon & Craig, SWMBO doesn't know what I've bought yet - do either of you have a room going spare?LaughingLaughing

Have you told Jan the god news yet.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-05-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Jandyt:

Now then, I've been offered free beer in Norway

Even Sweden had vikings! The Swedish ones sailed mostly to the east. The rivers of Russia took them al the way to Istanbul.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 04-07-2008 3:30 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig:

Medogsfat:
    Oh and BTW Simon & Craig, SWMBO doesn't know what I've bought yet - do either of you have a room going spare?LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

Well Andy Jan now knows the news. I came staggering in with all this stuff at @ 7pm tonight and I have to say I'm totally chuffed.

1 The beocenter 7700 is fully working with a lovely MMC4, even all the LED bars work!

2. One pair of cosmetically sound black CX100's.

3. One pair of CX50's in silver - again cosmetically sound.

4. A fully working MCP 7700, what a nice item these are, much more smaller & usable than the later MCP's.

5. A working MK2 beolink 1000.

7. A fairly tatty pair of beovox 2200's

8. The piece de resistance - an absolutely mint condition pair of WHITE Beovox MC120.2's with the original wall brackets. Luckily Jan loves the look of these beauties which got me well and truly off the hook hereSmile

Well chuffed or whatBig Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-07-2008 3:41 PM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

A beolink 7000 with table charger for 150 Euros, blue display not working, but everything else fine. Brought it to the dealer to get the display fixed.
  • 04-07-2008 4:56 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:
    Craig:

Medogsfat:

CraigSmile

Well Andy Jan now knows the news. I came staggering in with all this stuff at @ 7pm tonight and I have to say I'm totally chuffed.

1 The beocenter 7700 is fully working with a lovely MMC4, even all the LED bars work!

2. One pair of cosmetically sound black CX100's.

3. One pair of CX50's in silver - again cosmetically sound.

4. A fully working MCP 7700, what a nice item these are, much more smaller & usable than the later MCP's.

5. A working MK2 beolink 1000.

7. A fairly tatty pair of beovox 2200's

8. The piece de resistance - an absolutely mint condition pair of WHITE Beovox MC120.2's with the original wall brackets. Luckily Jan loves the look of these beauties which got me well and truly off the hook hereSmile

Well chuffed or whatBig Smile

Chris.

So you are safe then by the sound of it.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-07-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

Interesting read! i didnt think this would be a popular thread!!

Well... mine has to be a MX7000, DVD1, Stand and beo4 all for a nice £300... all practically as new and even seen on MTV cribs!!

• 04-07-2008 9:30 PM In reply to

Recently, I landed a Beocenter 9300 mint.  The plan is to use the built in DAC.  Please tell me if the following would work:  Items, iMac, Beocenter 9300, Bl3; connect the 9300 to the iMac via headphone jack & five pin connector; powerlinks from the 9300 to the BL 3.  

The idea is to bypass the iMac's soundcard and use the 9300's DAC for better sound.  

Do I need to set the 9300 to Aux to play the music stored in the iMac?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dario

PS Great buys by the way.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 04-08-2008 3:24 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

mobeyone:

Interesting read! i didnt think this would be a popular thread!!

But I did !!! Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile  It´s fun reading  Keep on posting.......

BV10

• 04-08-2008 5:00 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

darioazul:

Recently, I landed a Beocenter 9300 mint.  The plan is to use the built in DAC.  Please tell me if the following would work:  Items, iMac, Beocenter 9300, Bl3; connect the 9300 to the iMac via headphone jack & five pin connector; powerlinks from the 9300 to the BL 3.  

The idea is to bypass the iMac's soundcard and use the 9300's DAC for better sound.  

Do I need to set the 9300 to Aux to play the music stored in the iMac?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dario

PS Great buys by the way.

I don't believe this is possible without somehow using the DAC used as part of the CD player, which would involve disconnecting the CD player alltogether...

If you connected the iMac to the 9300 via a headphone jack > 5-pin DIN connector, then it would still be using the iMac's built in sound card, and just sending the sound to the 9300 to reproduce.

If you want to use an external DAC, you'll need to get an 'optical out adapter' for your iMac (assuming your iMac is relatively new) and a DAC of some sort (I have next to no experience with good DACs, so I'd talk to another member such as Soundproof for recommendations here).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-08-2008 6:53 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Great topic Hebo!

2 purchases spring to mind.....

1. MInt Beogram 3300, Beocenter 9000 cosmetically mint but needed £60 spending on it (jammed doors), Attyca 2 stand, Beolink 1000,  RL40 speakers all for £112. I was the only bidder.  Hopeless photo - didn't mention the Beogram or Redlines in the listing!!

2. Mint and complete 5500 system with almost unused BG5500 with almost mint RL60.2 complete with curly leads. The BG had had it's lid wrapped in cling film from new.....bizare but true..... all for £250. No photo, didn't mention Redlines!!

I just love the fact you can pick up some great pieces of B&O for no more money than a brand new cheap and nasty piece of Japanese / Chinise tat.

Patience is the key!!

Cheers

Nigel 

• 04-08-2008 7:55 AM In reply to

Winning a Beocom 2, two BeoCom 6000s and a BeoCom 4 in the Beoworld Prize draw  was pretty special.

My other  best buy on B&O was a pair of used S45-2 s on stands in very poor cosmetic condition for £16

On the face of it not a best buy in the sense that I probably paid about the going rate, but through restoring the cabinets and listening to them I have had more pleasure from them than from any other  piece of AV kit I have ever owned..I will be doing the caps in the next few weeks with a kit I have ordered from Martin.

As Nigel points out you can buy some wonderful old B&O for the same or (in this case a lot less) money than an inferior modern equivalent.

Simon

• 04-08-2008 10:18 AM In reply to

I recently got a beolink convertor for less than £3. Thats a bargain!
  • 04-20-2008 10:47 PM In reply to

OK, I've been told to contribute to this thread, and now that I have them hooked up, mounted, and confirmed to be working and looking good, I'll add my two cents.

A pair of good shape (some scratches, only two minor dings) Beolab 3000s.  

$200, USD 

• 04-21-2008 4:22 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Congrats for your "best buys" Smile

Quick question - where do you get all your "best buys" from ? Is there a special place to look out for ?

Regards

Martin 

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 04-21-2008 4:45 AM In reply to

Being located in Denmark gives you many choises as B&O is everywhere. From secondhand stores to new and used in stores and all in between.

We got: Dba.dk, Lauritz.com, qxl.dk as the main places. Then you have local papers too.

To topic:

Even though I have answered this allready my LX5500 was quite interesting when it was on Lauritz as it has alot of link products with it as cables and one 1611 converter box + one 1615 video converter box. Later on I got a for shipping cost only electric stand which were hardly used from Lifestyle. The LX cost about 130£ and it still running fine.

• 04-21-2008 5:20 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Friedmett:

Being located in Denmark gives you many choises as B&O is everywhere. From secondhand stores to new and used in stores and all in between.

We got: Dba.dk, Lauritz.com, qxl.dk as the main places. Then you have local papers too.

Thanks Friedmett Smile

Regards

Martin 

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 04-22-2008 6:16 PM In reply to

• Razz1971
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-25-2008
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Just purchased a pair of Beovox M75 speakers in good condition with stands for 20£.....too sweet.
    Beocenter 1, Beosound 1 and high hopes for more to come.
  • 04-23-2008 4:16 AM In reply to

• carlito
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 97
    • Silver Member

a Beolab 2 for free..... bought with a blue Avant and 2 blue Beolab 6000, sold the Avant and the speakers for more then i paid for... so i can say, that i got money for my lab 2 :-)

and a lot of other good deals... i traded B&O Stuff for about 3 years.

• 05-05-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Just got home from collecting a Beocentre 2000 for £2.99,
    All working, perfect veneer, no crackle on either of the sliders, all lights and buttons work!
    Lid dodgy and no cartridge but £2.99!!
    One more for the museum.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-06-2008 2:53 AM In reply to

• Razz1971
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-25-2008
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Beomaster 6000, beocord 6000, beogram 6002 (with two MMC 3 pickups) one in original case, beovox MC120.2 and remote control. One owner, perfectly working order. 50£.
    Beocenter 1, Beosound 1 and high hopes for more to come.
  • 05-06-2008 4:12 AM In reply to

Great topic this!!!

Important to remember when you are very keen on buying things that there will always come a better deal. But of course, you can't wait forever.

I was never in doubt when I was offered a pair of Beolab 6000 for the great price of 60 Euro!!!!

It turned out later though that one of them got bad units, so I had to do a little repair. But that did just cost me 200 Euro, so I still think it was a great bargain, concidering that the price here in Norway is about 2800 Euro for a new pair!

Lloydern...allways on the lookout for a great bargain... 

Anything but Beo isn't an option...3-32, Overture, DVD1, Beomedia, V8000, lab 4000, 2 x lab 2000, 2 x lab 6000 & lab 11.

Page 3 of 6 (144 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »