in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-11-2008 6:49 PM by Jonathan. 143 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2008 10:05 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Re: Who made the best buy on a used Bang & Olufsen gear???

I bought a Beocom 1 with the table charger and the brain box for $35 US; gave to my parents as a gift.  .

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 07-21-2008 10:30 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Hi Ray

I bought a full set of panels last year from my local store (Nottingham) - think they were about £90. Well worth the money given what you paid for the Beocenter!

Cheers

Nigel

• 07-21-2008 11:25 AM In reply to

• Andro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-08-2008
    • Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
    • Posts 24
    • Bronze Member

I just picked up the following from a Pawn Shop for $499 (CDN). All in mint cont condition. not a scratch or dent on it. Not to mention all of its fuctions work.

Beosystem 2300 (Type 2618) 

Beolab 2500 (Type 6203 - Red Grill)

BE04 remote control.

Bang & Olufsen - An unforgettable Force
  • 07-21-2008 2:16 PM In reply to

• AdamS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • South UK
    • Posts 72
    • Silver Member

I bought a Beomaster 2400 and Beocord 1500 yesterday at my local car boot sale - £3 for both!
  • 07-21-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

I bought 2 BeoLab 8000 in excellent condition for $1000
    But reading all your posts I feel like I was overcharged :)
    David the BeoPerson
  • 07-21-2008 4:08 PM In reply to

AdamS:
    I bought a Beomaster 2400 and Beocord 1500 yesterday at my local car boot sale - £3 for both!

You jammy goit :) 

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 07-23-2008 10:55 AM In reply to

Just got the word today.

Dillen has collected my Beovox S120 as I'm located to far from the east.

A white pair nearly as new and original stands but with foam rot. Price 35£

Thank you Dillen!

• 07-23-2008 12:13 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

KingStreet:
    In March 2007, I bought an entire B1 shop - one careful owner, some cables missing, but otherwise intact.Embarrassed

Brilliant.. Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-23-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

rayfenwick:

Heartbreakingly, it is obvious that it was pristine until its fall..Does anyone know how much replacement panels are, by any chance?

I think they're around the £100 mark, but spare parts prices have just been reassessed with some rises & some falls by all accounts.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-23-2008 9:12 PM In reply to

I'll have to go have words with my nearest dealer.... worth doing at that price.

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 07-28-2008 1:40 AM In reply to

Believe me, this is a true story, and my best ever B&O experience!!

I was watching an item on ebay. The ad stated they were selling a B&O Avant, speakers, stereo and remote. There was one really poor photo showing the avant and what looked like Beolab Pentas (but they could have been Beovoxs, I wasn't sure). The ad was very brief and stated in capitals something along the lines of 'NO DELIVERY, PICKUP ONLY. WILL NOT SEPERATE'. Needless to say, the ad was very poor and the seller seemed to be a grumpy sort of person. There were no bids right up to a few hours to go, so I thought what the heck and bid. The opening bid was $2000. I bid $2300, wanting the Avant and hoping the speakers were ok, and was not outbid!! I received an email from the guy reminding me it was pickup only and I replied telling him no problem (I am in Melbourne and he is in Sydney, so quite a distance). I made the arrangements to fly up, rent a car to drive back with the goodies and collect them. The cost for the flight and car hire was around $500 (total of $2800). I arrived at the guys house and he showed me what I won:

• A Beovision Avant with set top box controller and surround kit in black
    • A complete Beosystem 6500 with Turntable, MCP, MMC 2, CD, Tape, Beomaster
    • A pair of Beolab Penta Mark 3s
    • A brand new Beo 4 DTV
    • A Beolink converter
    • A DVD1
    • A black B&O cabinet
    • All cabling

He was one of the nicest blokes I ever met, and helped me load everything. He supplied me with blankets and rope to secure everything and sent me on my way. I got it all home and set it all up, and everything was perfect. I live in a small apartment, and stupidly decided the Pentas were too much (I know, I'm an idiot) so I put them on ebay. I got a message almost straight away from a guy in Sydney offering me $2000 cash for the Pentas. He drove down that night to pick them up, and ended up taking the Pentas, the Beosystem 6500 and the DVD1 for $5000!!  The crux of it is I got $2200, an Avant, cabinet, converter, a weekend in Sydney and a road trip just for my time!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 07-28-2008 5:11 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughingLaughing
    That's the way to do it!
    When are you opening your shop?Wink

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-28-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

That is one HECK of a deal, and will take some beating!  I'm guessing it was a pretty big car to take all that gear.

Well done! 

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 07-28-2008 11:29 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Quite pleased with this latest haul

It's all cosmetically near mint!

The Beogram's been serviced and new belts fitted - £50

The cartidge has been looked at under a microscope & is in very good nic.

Beovoxs have had new bass driver dust caps and new caps in the crossovers - £25

Going to hook the Gram & Voxs up to my Master/Lab 5000 when they come back from being renovated. Can't wait! 

Anyone want the Master 4000? (my son's got the CD Smile)

Cheers

Nigel

• 07-28-2008 7:10 PM In reply to

he he, yeah, it all only just fit in the rented Toyota Kluger 4wd with all the seats down and the cabinet on the front passenger seat!!

• 07-29-2008 2:24 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

jldmelb:

I was watching an item on ebay. The ad stated they were selling a B&O Avant, speakers, stereo and remote. There was one really poor photo showing the avant and what looked like Beolab Pentas (but they could have been Beovoxs, I wasn't sure). The ad was very brief and stated in capitals something along the lines of 'NO DELIVERY, PICKUP ONLY. WILL NOT SEPERATE'. Needless to say, the ad was very poor and the seller seemed to be a grumpy sort of person. There were no bids right up to a few hours to go, so I thought what the heck and bid. The opening bid was $2000. I bid $2300, wanting the Avant and hoping the speakers were ok, and was not outbid!! I received an email from the guy reminding me it was pickup only and I replied telling him no problem (I am in Melbourne and he is in Sydney, so quite a distance). I made the arrangements to fly up, rent a car to drive back with the goodies and collect them. The cost for the flight and car hire was around $500 (total of $2800). I arrived at the guys house and he showed me what I won:

• A brand new Beo 4 DTV
    • A Beolink converter
    • A DVD1
    • A black B&O cabinet
    • All cabling

He was one of the nicest blokes I ever met, and helped me load everything. He supplied me with blankets and rope to secure everything and sent me on my way. I got it all home and set it all up, and everything was perfect. I live in a small apartment, and stupidly decided the Pentas were too much (I know, I'm an idiot) so I put them on ebay. I got a message almost straight away from a guy in Sydney offering me $2000 cash for the Pentas. He drove down that night to pick them up, and ended up taking the Pentas, the Beosystem 6500 and the DVD1 for $5000!!  The crux of it is I got $2200, an Avant, cabinet, converter, a weekend in Sydney and a road trip just for my time!!

Incredible !!, I saw that auction. My wife would have killed me if I had bid through..

Made that VX7000 I bought from you a while ago seem insignificant.

PM me with your details if you are interested in the Aus get together.

cheers, beoaus

• 07-29-2008 9:05 AM In reply to

jldmelb:

• A brand new Beo 4 DTV
    • A Beolink converter
    • A DVD1
    • A black B&O cabinet
    • All cabling

Why is B&O so expensive in Australia? In Canada the Penta, Beosystem and DVD1 is less than 1800$ ( but 5000$ that is really expensive!)!

all sold!

• 07-29-2008 9:15 AM In reply to

11048437:
    jldmelb:

• A brand new Beo 4 DTV
    • A Beolink converter
    • A DVD1
    • A black B&O cabinet
    • All cabling

Why is B&O so expensive in Australia? In Canada the Penta, Beosystem and DVD1 is less than 1800$ ( but 5000$ that is really expensive!)!

I think the real question is why is B&O so cheap in Canada! Theat combo would cost you a lot more than $1800 almost anywhere else  in the world!

Simon

• 08-11-2008 6:49 PM In reply to

Bear in mind the guy that bought from me set the price he wanted to pay, I just said yes!! He arrived at my place with $5,000.00 cash to spend not knowing whether or not he would spend it. Remember, he only contacted me for the speakers. The rest he saw in my living room.....

Page 6 of 6 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6